Outback Contrasts - A Journey to the Centre, 5 Days
4 May, 18 May, 1 June, 15 June, 29 June, 13 July, 27 July, 10 August, 7 September, 5 October 2021
5 day tour departing Alice Springs.
4 nights accommodation.
Small group (22 guests maximum).
More than 10 unforgettable experiences.
Travel by bespoke 4WD vehicle with reclining seats, Wi-Fi and air-conditioning.
WAS $3009*, NOW $2709*, SAVE $300*.
Day 1 Alice Springs. Meet your Journey Director who will share their take on what life is like in such an isolated town as Alice Springs. Visit the historic Overland Telegraph Station, site of the first European settlement in the town. Hear how the north and south of Australia were connected by a single wire. Then the stunning landscapes of the West MacDonnell Ranges take centre stage, as you embark on a walk through Simpsons Gap, and later view Alice Springs and surrounds from the top of Anzac Hill. This evening, enjoy an open-air Local Dining Experience barbecue around a campfire with your local hosts, as the Milky Way lights up the sky. Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters Local Dining Experience
Day 2 Alice Springs to Kings Canyon. Now we're off the beaten track exploring along the 4WD Giles Track, crossing dry river beds and outback landscapes to Kings Canyon Resort. This evening you're treated to the unique Local Dining Experience, Under a Desert Moon, set in the wilderness under a canopy of the Southern Night sky (weather permitting). The only light comes from the moon and the flickering glow of the fire and the only sound is soft music intertwined with the whispering of the breeze through the Desert Oak trees and the Outback Contrasts: A Journey to the Centre Witness the rugged landscape of the Red Centre and marvel at the ancient cultures that have cared for this land for generations. Experience the majesty of Uluru, Kings Canyon and view rock art dating back thousands of years, witness striking landscapes and be immersed in the stories of the Dreamtime.
Day 3 Kings Canyon to Uluru. This morning, you're off on a six-kilometre Rim Walk, an exploration of the spectacular Kings Canyon. As you venture around the rim, highlights include the domed 'Lost City', and the luscious 'Garden of Eden'. If you'd prefer a more relaxed walk you can opt to set off on a two-kilometre stroll along the boulder-strewn canyon creek bed that leads to impressive views of the canyon rim. Now you will journey to Uluru. Immerse yourself in Indigenous culture on a visit to the Wanmarra Aboriginal Community and learn about the Luritja and Pertame people's spiritual connection to the land. Discover bush food and medicine used for spirituality and healing. Leaving Kings Canyon behind travel across desert landscapes to Curtin Springs Station, a vast farming property, for lunch. Afterwards, you'll arrive at Ayers Rock Resort, your launchpad to Australia's heart, in Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. This evening, watch as the outback sun bids a fiery farewell, the perfect backdrop for sparkling sundowners at Uluru.
Day 4 Uluru Sunrise & Field of Light to Kata Tjuta. Under the cover of darkness, wander through 50,000 magical hand-crafted frosted glass spheres of light, in colours changing from ochre, deep violet, blue and gentle white. Then make your way to the dune top and watch in awe as the sun pops up in the distance behind Uluru, flooding the landscape with light. Then you're off to explore the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre and learn about the spiritual connection the local Anangu caretakers have with the land. Skirt the red walls of Uluru, hear timeless stories, view spectacular rock art, and visit the culturally significant Mutitjulu Waterhole. This afternoon you'll make your way to Kata Tjuta, 36 domes of red-hued sedimentary rock. Join your Journey Director for a walk deep into Walpa Gorge, where you'll hear about the area's distinct geological and cultural history. The evening, join your fellow travellers for a Celebration Dinner at Ilkari Restaurant.
Day 5 Farewell from Uluru. Relax this morning as your journey comes to an end. You might choose to take in Uluru one last time from the air on a scenic helicopter flight before your journey comes to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans