GREEN WITH ENVY: IRELAND BY DESIGN
From 12/09/2021 to 03/10/2021
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 2.
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN DUBLIN Céad mile fáilte—a hundred-thousand welcomes! This evening, meet your Tour Director and travelling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel.
Day 2 - DUBLIN DUBLIN Morning orientation drive, including O’Connell Street, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, and Trinity College.
YourChoice Excursions include one of the following activities of your choice:
CLAP: High-Stepping & High Notes
An evening of Irish Celebration at Taylors Irish Cabaret! Savour a 3-course dinner with wine, and sip Irish coffee while enjoying a performance by musicians, world-champion Irish dancers, singers, and an Irish comedy legend. A fun and festive night you’ll never forget!
TASTE: A Barrel of Fun
Few things say “Dublin” like Guinness stout. Be our guest at the Guinness Storehouse facility at the historic St. James’s Gate Brewery to learn all about the famous beer—from its ingredients to the distillery’s brewing techniques. See traditional brewing equipment and hear about the ancient craft of barrel making and the 6-step ritual behind the perfect pour. Afterward, ascend to the 7th-floor Gravity Bar to drink in the city views as you try a pint of the “black stuff,” followed by a delicious Irish-themed dinner. Sláinte!
SIP: Irish Stories & Spirited Swigs
Discover Dublin's rich literary heritage on this fun literary pub crawl that is as educational as it is entertaining. Experience the sights and sounds that inspired great Irish writers such as James Joyce, George Bernard Shaw, Samuel Beckett, Oscar Wilde, and W.B. Yeats. Enjoy a hearty pub dinner and a couple of drinks of your choice!
Day 3 - DUBLIN-TULLAMORE - ATHLONE--WESTPORT TULLAMORE Guided tour of an Irish whiskey distillery. ATHLONE Visit the town and stop for lunch at the oldest pub in Ireland. (B,L)
Day 4 - WESTPORT WESTPORT YourChoice Excursions include one of the following activities of your choice:
TREK: Top ‘o the Morning on Top o’ the World
This is a fantastic opportunity to explore Achill Island—Ireland’s largest island. May the road rise up to meet you on an excursion along the famous Wild Atlantic Way. Savour the breathtaking panorama of its tall sea cliffs and wild beaches, the rugged mountains, and peat bogs. Learn about local history and traditions of the area and enjoy a morning coffee in a local cafe.
PEDAL: The Wind at Your Back in Westport
Get away from the crowds for an authentic adventure. Enjoy the natural beauty of Ireland’s west coast town of Westport with an easy, breezy guided e-bike tour.
TASTE: Rise & Shine
Test the tradition of Irish soda bread-baking and enjoy insight into Irish food culture, its history and heritage. Get to know Ireland through its warm bread and warm people. As soon as your made-from-scratch dough is ready, smother it with Irish-country butter and locally produced homemade jam and enjoy a cup of tea while chatting to fellow artisan bakers.
Day 5 - WESTPORT-KYLEMORE -MAAM CROSS-GALWAY KYLEMORE Visit the Benedictine Abbey.
GALWAY YourChoice Excursions include one of the following activities of your choice:
STROLL: Galway Galore!
On this walking tour of vibrant, medieval city of Galway, see some of its main attractions, as well as its hidden gems. Take photos of Lynch's Castle, Collegiate Church of St. Nicholas, The Town Walls dating from 1270, Town Hall & Courthouse, and more. After learning about the history and culture of the "City of the Tribes," pull-up a chair in a local pub for a hearty Irish supper, a couple of drinks, and perhaps a bit of lively craic (conversation) with the locals.
TASTE: Find your Pot o’ Gold
If you are a foodie and have a keen interest in Irish cuisine, this experience is a true treasure. Get the inside scoop from a Local Guide on Galway’s best eateries during this food tour that reveals the best spots to eat, including the famous Galway Market. Try local specialties like oysters, crab, cheese, doughnuts, and strawberry tarts with visits to award-winning restaurants and cafes.
FEAST: Some Enchanted Evening!
An enchanting and intimate evening of feasting and festivity await at a medieval banquet at Dunguaire Castle. Dating back to 1520, Dunguaire Castle, sits on a rocky promontory tucked into a corner of Galway Bay. After a warm welcome, join your fellow lords and ladies in the banquet hall for a 4-course dinner fit for royalty! Wine and a lively showcase of fine Irish music, storytelling, and more complete this fantastic experience!
Day 6 - GALWAY. EXCURSION TO THE ARAN ISLANDS GALWAY Ferry crossing to Inishmore, the largest of the Aran Islands. INISHMORE At Ti Joe Watty’s pub, hear from a local about life on Inishmore Island over a light lunch. A minibus tour of the island with a local guide-driver includes a visit to the prehistoric clifftop fort of Dun Aengus. (B)
Day 7 - GALWAY--RATHBAUN FARM--CLIFFS OF MOHER--BUNRATTY RATHBAUN FARM Visit Rathbaun Farm and enjoy morning coffee. CLIFFS OF MOHER Visit the 668-foot-high rocky cliffs above the Atlantic Ocean. BUNRATTY Attend a farewell dinner at Bunratty Castle with a traditional Irish medieval banquet. (B,D)
Day 8 - BUNRATTY Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (The nearest airport is Shannon.) (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans