MAD ABOUT MOUNTIES: EASTERN CANADA BY DESIGN
From 18/09/2021 to 02/10/2021
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 2.
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN TORONTO Welcome to Toronto! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and travelling companions for a welcome drink.
Day 2 - TORONTO - KINGSTON TORONTO City sightseeing includes two city halls, the Ontario legislature buildings, the university, and Chinatown, followed by free time at the historic St. Lawrence Market. KINGSTON Orientation tour of Kingston, Canada’s first capital. Seasonal farm-to-table dinner tonight. (B,D)
Day 3 - KINGSTON KINGSTON Morning scenic cruise in the Thousand Island region.
YourChoice Excursions include one of the following activities of your choice:
DELVE: War Stories
Step back in time to experience 19th-century military life at Fort Henry National Historic Site. Take a guided tour of this UNESCO World Heritage Site and hear the fascinating stories of its history—from The War of 1812 through its many restorations to its ultimate revival as a museum and popular Ontario attraction. Spend free time shopping in The Trade Square inside the fort walls, or join in on an exclusive dining experience on Kingston's largest waterfront patio at the point of the Advanced Battery overlooking Lake Ontario, the Royal Military College, and the City of Kingston.
STROLL: Ghosts of Kingston Past
Embark on a Kingston walking tour for fascinating local insights into a world of Canadian prime ministers, U.S. presidents, Native leaders, governor generals, mediums, spirits, and the Queen, herself. Hear about the chronicles of Kingston and its notorious penitentiary, penned by Charles Dickens and Ernest Hemmingway. Hear the stories of Sir John A. Macdonald, Canada’s controversial first prime minister; tales of spirits from the great beyond; political scandals, and the strange demise of a governor general.
PEDAL: Kingston on Two Wheels
Join a leisurely 3-hour historical guided bike tour of the downtown Kingston area on an easy –to-ride cruiser. At roughly 12 kilometers (just over 7 miles) long, your bike route includes many of Kingston's historical landmarks and attractions in one of Canada's most scenic cities. Pedal your way to the notorious Kingston Penitentiary, through Queen's University Campus, beside the stunning views of Lake Ontario, to Gord Edgar Downie Pier, and more.
Day 4 - KINGSTON – OTTAWA – MONT-TREMBLANT OTTAWA A city sightseeing tour of Canada’s modern capitol includes the Canadian Mint, the Governor General and Prime Minister Residences, National Arts Centre, Parliament Hill, and the Rideau Canal. Enjoy free time at ByWard Market, followed by a visit to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Stables and Visitor Centre. MONT-TREMBLANT Guided sightseeing includes visits to the three small villages that joined to make the resort city of Mont-Tremblant. Explore the quaint Saint-Jovite, Pedestrian Village, and charming Old Village. Free time this evening. (B)
Day 5 - MONT-TREMBLANT MONT-TREMBLANT YourChoice Excursions include one of the following activities of your choice:
TREK: Enchanted Forest
Join a Local Expert on an enchanting hike in Domaine Saint-Bernard, a favourite escape for locals and nature lovers. On this leisurely 2.5km beginner’s hike, you’ll be charmed by this enchanting environment spanning 1500 acres of protected, picturesque natural space—home to a wide array of flora and fauna, particularly its bounty of birds from blue jays to great blue herons, woodpeckers to chickadees, and Canadian geese, of course.
GAZE: Fall for Mont-Tremblant
Take a guided tour of Mont-Tremblant National Park, Québec’s largest, to admire the park’s stunning sights, including Lake Monroe, the Chutes Croches (Crooked Waterfalls), the Chute du Diable (Devil’s Waterfall), and more!
CHILL: A Scandinavian Soak
Renew the spirit at the Scandinavian hydrotherapy baths of Mont-Tremblant. Relax amid the resort’s rustic buildings and Laurentian forest beside the Diable River to enjoy a traditional Scandinavian bath experience to soothe your body and soul.
Day 6 - MONT-TREMBLANT – MONTREAL – ORFORD (EASTERN TOWNSHIPS) MONTREAL Sightseeing tour with a Local Guide includes the Notre Dame Basilica, the Old Seminary of St. Sulpice, and a scenic drive to the top of Mount Royal. Free time this afternoon. ORFORD (EASTERN TOWNSHIPS) Free time this evening. (B)
Day 7 - ORFORD (EASTERN TOWNSHIPS) ORFORD (EASTERN TOWNSHIPS) Morning driving tour includes the region’s picturesque villages of New France, including Magog, Sherbrooke, and Coaticook.
YourChoice Excursions include one of the following activities of your choice:
FLOAT: With Cherries on Top
Deepen your appreciation of the history and natural beauty of Québec’s Cherry River on a leisurely 2-hour kayaking excursion. Join your expert guide to hear about the lush wetland’s biodiversity of flora and fauna—including cherry trees that bloom here each year—and the fascinating history of this unique environment.Photo
STROLL: Purple Reign
Take a guided tour of the largest lavender farm in Canada. Hear the history of this lovely place and visit the distillery for a tasting and interactive interpretative centre for a walk in the fields that bloom purple and fragrant each year.
TASTE: The Champagne of Champagnes
Take a guided tour of Le Cep d’Argent vineyards. This 114-acre estate with 60,000 vines overlooking Lake Magog produces sparkling wines, reds, rosés, whites, and sweet wines in Québec’s Eastern Townships champagne region. Discover how two brothers became 6th-generation master vintners by creating the Universe of Champagne to research and produce exceptional champagnes praised by sommeliers and envied by their peers. Taste for yourself during your visit to the cellar and vineyards.
Farewell dinner with regional wines this evening.
Day 8 - ORFORD (EASTERN TOWNSHIPS) – MONTREAL This morning, return to Montreal International Airport or Fairmont Queen Elizabeth hotel. Please schedule departing flights after 1pm. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.