Britain & Ireland in Depth, 24 Days
Only on 20 September 2022
24 day tour departing London.
23 nights accommodation in a Hotel.
Breakfast daily, 1 Lunch & 8 Dinners.
Services of a Tour Director.
Transport by coach.
Day 1 Arrive In London, England. Welcome to London Uniformed Globus Hosts will be waiting to welcome you. Free time this afternoon.
Day 2 London. LONDON Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Whitehall, Prime Minister's Downing Street residence, Piccadilly Circus, Buckingham Palace, and a visit to St. Paul's Cathedral.
Day 3 London to Stonehenge to Ilminster to Dartmoor to Plymouth. LONDON Meet your Tour Director and travelling companions at 8 am and drive to Stonehenge. STONEHENGE Guided visit. ILMINSTER Lunch at a local pub. DARTMOOR Scenic drive through the National Park.
Day 4 Plymouth, Excursion to Cornwall. A scenic drive through the West Country to Poldark's Cornwall with photo stop at St. Michael's Mount. ST. IVES Free time in the popular seaside resort. PLYMOUTH Cruise on Plymouth Sound, one of the world's great natural harbours. See the Mayflower Steps in Barbican. Free time this evening.
Day 5 Plymouth to Glastonbury to Bath to Newport, Wales. GLASTONBURY Visit the city of King Arthur and the Holy Grail legends. BATH Visit the excavations of the Roman Baths followed by free time. NEWPORT Free time. ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Newport with an evening of Welsh entertainment and dinner. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyAccount. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.
Day 6 Newport to Waterford, Ireland. Drive through South Wales to Fishguard. FISHGUARD Ferry crossing to Rosslare. WATERFORD An Irish coffee demonstration after dinner.
Day 7 Waterford to Blarney to Kinsale. WATERFORD Guided tour of the House of Waterford Crystal. BLARNEY Visit the village renowned for its magical Kissing Stone with free time to explore. KINSALE Free time.
Day 8 Kinsale to Ring Of Kerry to Killarney. RING OF KERRY Panoramic drive around part of the island's southwestern tip. KILLARNEY Free time this afternoon.
Day 9 Killarney. KILLARNEY Free time before dinner at Scruffy's pub with traditional Irish music.
Day 10 Killarney to Dingle Peninsula to Adare to Limerick. DINGLE PENINSULA Visit the Blasket Islands Centre. ADARE Stop at the quaint village to see its pretty thatched cottages. LIMERICK Free time.
Day 11 Limerick to Cliffs Of Moher to Galway to Sligo. CLIFFS OF MOHER Visit the 668-foot-high cliffs above the Atlantic Ocean. GALWAY Free time. SLIGO Free time this evening.
Day 12 Sligo to Belleek, Northern Ireland to Derry to Giant Causeway to Belfast. BELLEEK Visit a pottery renowned for its Parian porcelain. DERRY Walk on the city walls with a Local Guide. GIANT'S CAUSEWAY See more than 40,000 interlocking basalt columns formed millions years ago.
Day 13 Belfast to Carlingford to Dublin, Ireland. BELFAST Orientation drive includes City Hall, the Albert Memorial Clock Tower, and Queen's University. Visit the Titanic Experience museum. CARLINGFORD Stop in the charming village on the Cooley Peninsula.
Day 14 Dublin. DUBLIN Orientation drive to see O'Connell Street, Georgian squares, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and Trinity College. Free time.
Day 15 Dublin to North Wales to Liverpool, England. DUBLIN Ferry crossing on the North Channel. NORTH WALES A photo stop at tongue-twisting Llanfairpwllgwyngyll. Scenic drive through North Wales to Liverpool. LIVERPOOL Free time this evening.
Day 16 Liverpool to Grasemere to Gretna Green, Scotland to Glasgow. LIVERPOOL Visit The Beatles Story. LAKE DISTRICT (a UNESCO World Heritage site) Scenic Drive. GRASMERE Visit Wordsworth's beloved village and try the original Grasmere gingerbread. GRETNA GREEN See where the blacksmith would wed runaway couples.
Day 17 Glasgow to Fort William to Isle Of Skye to Inverness. Drive past Loch Lomond, Rannoch Moor, Glen Coe, and Fort William en route to ferry crossing to the Isle of Skye. ISLE OF SKYE Visit the Museum of the Isles before driving across the Inner Hebridean island. LOCH NESS Drive the length of the legendary lake.
Day 18 Inverness, Highlands Excursion. THE HIGHLANDS Visit the prehistoric site of Clava Cairns. Visit the Culloden battlefield site and visitor centre. Visit Brodie Castle.
Day 19 Inverness to Pitlochry to St Andrews to Edinburgh. PITLOCHRY Walk through the Victorian mountain resort. ST. ANDREWS See the home of golf and famous university town. EDINBURGH MILITARY TATTOO Attend the world-renowned Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo performance. (Departures 0720 through 0810 only).
Day 20 Edinburgh. EDINBURGH Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the New Town, and the Old Town. Visit Edinburgh Castle to see Scotland's Crown Jewels and visit Holyrood Palace (when available, excluding August and other occasional dates). Free time.
Day 21 Edinburgh to York, England. KELSO Visit Floors Castle, the largest inhabited castle in Scotland. YORK See York Minster on a guided walk through The Shambles.
Day 22 York to Stratford Upon Avon. STRATFORD-UPON-AVON See Anne Hathaway's Cottage and visit Shakespeare's Birthplace. COTSWOLDS Scenic drive followed by dinner at a local pub.
Day 23 Stratford Upon Avon to London. WOODSTOCK Visit to Blenheim Palace, the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. LONDON Free time this afternoon.
Day 24 London. Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans