Red Centre Explorer, 6 Days
Valid for select departures 1 April 2021 - 30 April 2022
6 day tour departing Yulara.
2 nights accommodation in a Permanent Tented Camp.
3 nights accommodation in a Hotel.
2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches & 2 Dinners.
Transport by Private Vehicle.
Valley of the Winds walk.
Outback BBQ Dinner.
Kata Tjuta Walpa Gorge Walk.
Uluru & Kata Tjuta National Park Entrance.
Uluru Sunset with Nibbles Platter.
Kings Canyon Sunset.
Uluru Base Walk.
Uluru Cultural Centre.
Karkke Cultural Experience.
Kings Canyon Rim Walk.
Earth Sanctuary Dinner & Star Talk.
WAS $3116*, NOW $2805*, SAVE $311*.
Day 1 Yulara. Welcome to Yulara on Anangu land in the red centre of Australia. You are welcome to arrive at any time today before an important welcome meeting at 5 pm, where you will meet your local leader and fellow travellers. Although being deep in the outback, Yulara is surprisingly accessible, with flights arriving from major Australian cities and transfers available from Alice Springs, approximately 4.5 hours' away. Once you've had your all-important briefing, join with your leader and possibly a First Nations guide as they lead you on a Welcome or Acknowledgement of Country. This practice occurs all across Australia to understand and recognise the land that you find yourself on - land of immense significance to First Nations communities. Tonight, enjoy your own dinner at one of the on-site restaurants then retire to your accommodation, or take the option to witness the Field of Lights before heading off to bed. You do have the option to sleep under the stars in a swag, or otherwise, enjoy a comfortable tented room with a fully-made bed and electricity.
Day 2 Uluru. Rise and shine nice and early for some spectacular sunrise viewing as you make your way to Kata Tjuta, where you'll embark on a walk to the Walpa Gorge. Sandstone cliffs rise high above as you continue through the gorge, shrouded by shadows and full of First Nations history. If you've got the energy you can choose to tackle the legendary Valley of the Winds. This six-kilometre walk can be challenging, but you're rewarded with a spectacular perspective on mind-blowing rock formations. Return to camp for lunch where you and the group can decide where you would like to eat, with a number of dining options available in Yulara. Enjoy some free time in the afternoon - perhaps book yourself on an Outback ride with a bike or a camel as your mode of transport - then reconvene with the crew for a memorable sunset viewing Uluru. Graze on a spread of locally sourced bush tucker, take the time to understand the importance of this sacred rock to the local Anangu people. Afterwards, spend the night enjoying an Outback barbecue dinner under the stars, then maybe swap stories sitting around the campfire. Tonight, you also have the option of sleeping in swags or tents.
Day 3 Kings Canyon. Get up with the sun and embark on a walk around Uluru at sunrise, watching as the colours of the rock shift as night turns to day. No two angles of the sacred monolith are the same and its sheer size will leave you marvelling. Continue on to Kings Canyon - where you will spend the night. Snack on a packed lunch on the way and - from April 2021 onwards - enjoy a walk and talk to discover the bush tucker and bush medicines used for spiritual and healing purposes by the Luritja and Pertame (Southern Aranda) people. When you arrive in Kings Canyon this afternoon, you'll have some free time to chill out by the pool or perhaps book in on an optional activity. Some of the most incredible scenery of these landscapes are found from up above, so why not treat yourself to an unforgettable plane or helicopter experience over Kings Canyon? Be sure to ask your group leader about your options, if you wish to head sky high. Soak up the views and the last of the day light with the group at the perfectly positioned sunset viewing platform, before choosing your dinner tonight.
Day 4 West Macdonnell Ranges. Get ready for another day of sun-soaked scenery in Australia's outback. Join your group on a morning walk along the rim of Kings Canyon. Admire the marbled red cliffs as they plummet to the forest floor from up above, making sure you capture all the scenery with some epic panorama images. Discover its Amphitheatre, Lost City, North and South Walls and the surprisingly lush Garden of Eden, which owes its cycads and plant life to a permanent waterhole down in the canyon. If you're feeling like an easier walk you can also take the Kings Creek Walk by yourself - it's shorter but won't miss the spectacular views of the canyon. Make your way to Alice Springs and later join your travel pals for dinner at a local restaurant. A great chance to celebrate your outback Australia adventure with a drink or two - your group leader knows of all the best watering holes to go to.
Day 5 Alice Springs. Spend today exploring the Outback scenery of the West Macdonnell Ranges. Head to Ellery Creek Big Hole and Ormiston Gorge from a swim and relax on the beaches by the waterholes, perhaps taking a hike to check out more of the area. These two stops are part of the West MacDonnell Ranges and are a traveller favourite - not only for the swimming options available, but the incredible outback scenery that greets you at every turn. In the afternoon, make your way to Alice Springs, and after freshening up at your accommodation, enjoy a memorable bush tucker and stargazing experience. Under a blanket of stars, follow the constellations above as you listen to expert guides tell the stories of the ground beneath your feet and the heavens above. Afterwards head back to your accommodation in town.
Day 6 Alice Springs. With no activities planned for today, you are free to leave the accommodation at any time. That doesn't mean your adventure has to come to an end If you would like to spend more time in Alice Springs and explore more of the Red Centre, we'll be happy to organise additional accommodation (subject to availability).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 15 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans