Vietnam Highlights, 10 Days
Valid for select departures October 2021 - March 2023
10 day tour departing Ho Chi Minh City.
7 nights accommodation in a Hotels.
1 night accommodation in an overnight cruise.
9 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches & 1 Dinner.
Transport by coach, flight and junk boat.
Services of an expert Trip Manager and local guides.
View the Notre Dame Cathedral, General Post Office & Presidential Palace.
Learn of the tragically fascinating Vietnam war at the War Remnants Museum, Ho Chi Minh.
Visit Hoi An's UNESCO listed Old Quarter & Japanese covered bridge.
Bike ride through Hoi An 's Ancient Town.
Cross the visually stunning Hai Van Pass.
Discover the hidden charm of Hue on a local cyclo (rickshaw) ride.
Visit the Thien Mu Pagoda and the Imperial Citadel.
Visit the wild grottos of the Sung Sot Caves in Halong Bay.
Visit Ti Top islands.
WAS $2,209*, NOW $1,975*, SAVE $234*.
Day 1 Ho Chi Minh City. Welcome to Ho Chi Minh city, formerly known as Saigon. This is one of Asia's most exhilarating cities, steeped in grand history and post-Vietnam war memories. This evening you'll meet your travel comrades and explore the Ben Thanh markets, offering the freshest traditional Banh mi, Pho and Bia hoi. Oh yes, this is the right way to get the Vietnam party started.
Day 2 Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang. Ho Chi Minh City: With some traditional R'n'R on our afternoon agenda, the morning can be used to put on our discovering boots. We'll dabble in history and religion before taking flight to a coastal town overlooking the South China Sea. Nha Trang: Golden sand beaches, turquoise oceans, water sports galore - this is Nha Trang. This afternoon why not book in for a mineral mud bath and hot thermal spring experience before heading out to dinner with your crew. Ah, the good life.
Day 3 Nha Trang. Good news - we're kicking it in Nha Trang for another night. Have a massage, sign up for the optional cruise, or just hang on the beach saving your energy for seaside bar fun as the sun sets.
Day 4 Nha Trang to Hoi An. Nha Trang: After a zippy flight north & a short coastal drive we find ourselves in a canal town overflowing with beauty and ancient history. Hoi An: With Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese and European influences, Hoi An has no shortage of charm and architectural interest. Bike riding through rice fields, roaming the old quarter & ordering custom made clothes at an artful tailor are just some of the activities that will colour our day. Tonight you can opt onto a Vietnamese cooking class, whipping up a storm of up to 4 traditional dishes.
Day 5 Hoi An. Visit the ruined Hindu temples of the Champa Empire on Marble Mountain, poke around in galleries & antique shops, and marvel at traditional methods of pottery, silk weaving and wood-carving on display at the local markets. That's how your free day in Hoi An could roll.
Day 6 Hoi An to Hue. Hoi An: Though we'll have grown content with Hoi An life, this morning the show must go on. After all, the former imperial town of Hue has invited us over, and we'd be foolish to turn it down. Hue: Intricately decorated pavilions, lotus flower ponds, and colourful artworks mark our first sightseeing venture in Hue. Totally in awe of Tu Duc Mausoleum, we move on to the 7-story Thien Mu Pagoda & learn of the horrific history of the Hue Buddhist massacre as well as taking in a cyclo ride to see the city from a whole new angle.
Day 7 Hue to Hanoi. Hue: Today we fly out of Hue in the direction of Vietnam's time capsule capital. A trio of influences and filled with romance, 2-nights here will see us utterly smitten. Hanoi: With an epic fusion of French, Chinese & Vietnamese influence, you'll be nothing short of ecstatic as we check-in to our Hanoi hotel, right in the middle of the bustling Old Quarter. Our time will be spent weaving through a maze of 36 trading streets filled with colourful goods for sale, and unwinding in the walled gardens of the Temple of Literature. Later, we'll roam French-style boulevards and maybe dine on a nom ngo sen lotus-stem salad, dau chien ron fried tofu & a few bia hoi beers.
Day 8 Hanoi to Halong Bay. Hanoi: After a Hanoi history 101 lesson we move on to Halong Bay where a night on a UNESCO World Heritage-listed site awaits. Halong Bay: A drive through stunning scenery will evoke plenty of 'oh wow's, but it only gets better as we board our home for the night, a Chinese-style junk boat in Halong Bay. Feel the serenity kicking in immediately as we drift the limestone island seas of the Gulf of Tonkin. We will pass hidden lagoons, thick forests & dreamy grottos, & stop to explore the Sung Sot Caves. A fresh seafood dinner and sunset at our docking spot will polish off a wonderful day packed with No Regrets moments and simply unforgettable experiences.
Day 9 Halong Bay to Hanoi. Halong Bay: Today will be all about the leisurely vibes as we wake up to breakfast and a grotto swim. Make the most of your time on the junk boat & kayak your way around Halong Bay - the views don't get much better than this. Hanoi: After heading back to Hanoi we find ourselves enjoying our final night together on tour. Save the choir of tears for tomorrow - this evening is all about making the most of your free time and staying positive. The quirky world-famous water puppet performance in Red River Delta makes for the perfect send off, should you fancy opting for something a bit different.
Day 10 Hanoi. Enjoy one final breakfast with the squad this morning before the trip wraps up. Hug it out and make plans to reunite sometime soon - Latin America, perhaps?
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans