Fraser Island Explorer
From 04/12/2021 to 09/12/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
With relaxed days and lots of free time to explore on your own, this tour is the perfect mix of local leader expertise and go-at-your-own-pace travel.
Fraser Island is a protected World Heritage site and, with expert guidance from your leader, you’ll get to experience all the highlights while still only leaving a delicate footprint.
Spend your days wandering amid a tropical paradise tucked within sand dunes and swimming in some of the purest water on the planet, then unwind in the evenings at your beachside accommodation.
Take a dip in the bubbling Champagne Pools, so named for their unique formation along the ocean’s edge, where incoming waves create fizzy seafoam – one of the most unique natural attractions on Fraser Island.
With ferry and 4WD transportation included and arranged for you, you’re free to sit back, relax and leave all the logistics to your leader.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Lunches Included: 3.
Hotel (5 Nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Fraser Island - 4WD Day Trip.
Fraser Island - Lake Mackenzie.
Fraser Island - Lake Mackenzie Lunch.
Fraser Island - Maheno Shipwreck or Champagne Pools Lunch.
Fraser Island - Lake Wabby Walk.
Fraser Island - Lake Wabby Lunch.
Day 1 - Noosa Welcome to the Sunshine Coast! Today is a free day, so feel free to arrive into Noosa at your leisure – we can arrange for airport pick-up if you need. Noosa is one of the most popular beach destinations in Australia, so you won’t have any trouble finding things to do before your group meeting at 6pm tonight. Maybe shop the Original Eumundi Markets, featuring works by local artists and designers, or dine on locally caught seafood along the river. Don’t worry about being rushed to fit everything in – tomorrow is another free day in Noosa with a variety of optional activities to choose from. After your group meeting, you may wish to gather your travel mates for a dinner out or maybe a cocktail along the water.
Day 2 - Noosa Today is a free Day to explore more of Noosa at your leisure. You might opt to head out for a surf lesson on Noosa’s famous swells – the town is considered one of the world’s best for surfers. Or maybe head out for an evening river cruise where you can kick back and relax as the sun sets.
Day 3 - Fraser Island – Mile Beach This morning you will drive 2 hours to the ferry that will transport you across the water to the stunning Fraser Island (a 10-minute crossing). Once you’ve arrived on the world’s largest sand island, take a 4WD drive along 75 Mile Beach – Fraser Island’s own “highway” complete with speed limits. Enjoy morning tea on the beach before your adventure really begins, with a drive to the famous Lake McKenzie, one of the most popular and picturesque highlights of Fraser. You’ll stop for lunch here, with some free time to relax on the white sand beach or swim in the lake’s amazingly clear waters. Fun fact: because Lake McKenzie sits above the water table, it is comprised entirely of rainwater and is too pure for the typical plants and fish you’d find in most lakes. Head onwards to the ancient rainforest-surrounded Central Station, Wanggoolba Creek and Pile Valley before driving up to your beachside accommodation. Settle in for an early dinner and some well-deserved drinks!
Day 4 - Fraser Island – Eli Creek Today begins with a quick breakfast to fuel your busiest day on Fraser Island. First stop is Eli Creek, a beautifully clear creek that’s perfect for a relaxing swim. Travelling north, stop at the Maheno Shipwreck for a photo opportunity and a short history lesson about this famous Fraser Island icon, before continuing on to Indian Head, Fraser Island’s highest point. While climbing the headland is forbidden, you may be lucky enough to see whales and sharks in the ocean before travelling to the delightful Champagne Pools for a dip. Lunch is served at either the Maheno Shipwreck or the Champagne Pools, depending on time constraints and tidal safety. In the afternoon, travel back to your beachside accommodation for dinner and drinks.
Day 5 - Fraser Island – Lake Wabby Start with breakfast before driving to the beginning of Lake Wabby walk, where you’ll stride through the dunes to find a tropical paradise. Enjoy some lunch before you drive down the beach and back to the barge, where you’ll hop the ferry over to the mainland, and drive back to Noosa for your final night. You may want to gather your travel group for a goodbye dinner at one of the local restaurants in town – be sure to ask your local leader for their recommendations.
Day 6 - Noosa Today marks the end of your exploration of Fraser Island. You are free to depart at your leisure or spend the day relaxing and exploring more of Noosa and the surrounding Sunshine Coast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans