Tropical Islands and Rainforest, 9 Days
Valid for select departures 1 January - 31 March 2022
9 day tour departing the Gold Coast.
10 nights in quality accommodation.
13 included meals.
Services of an experienced Travel Director and Driver Guide.
Travel by luxury coach.
Day 1 Gold Coast to Fraser Island. Enjoy a sneak peek into the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital. See how AAT Kings works with the Wildlife Warriors to support the koala rehabilitation project at the hospital, the country's largest and busiest wildlife facility. This afternoon the ferry will take you across to the World Heritage listed K'gari, also known as Fraser Island.
Day 2 Fraser Island. A day of discovery lies ahead as your 4WD tour takes you for a ride around the island's must-see sites. Visit Lake McKenzie, ringed with magnificent white sandy beaches. Walk through the ancient rainforest at Central Station and Wanggoolba Creek with its huge satiny, scribbly gum and kauri trees. Across the island to 75 Mile Beach, the sand highway will take you up the eastern coast to the Pinnacles Coloured Sands; cooling, calm waters of Eli Creek and the famous sinking Maheno Shipwreck.
Day 3 Fraser Island to Rockhampton. Visit Langmorn Station, a fully operational family run cattle station. Meet the Creed family and take a guided tour of the property including the original family homestead, built in 1873. Enjoy afternoon tea in the garden in the company of the pet kangaroo! Cross the Tropic of Capricorn as you arrive in Rockhampton, the beef capital of Australia. Your night is free so why not try some local beef at one of the town's steakhouses.
Day 4 Rockhampton to Hamilton Island. Travel north to Sarina today for a guided tour of its unique miniature sugar mill and distillery. At Airlie Beach you'll catch the ferry to Hamilton Island, one of 74 islands that make up the Whitsunday group in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. The spectacular island boasts pristine beaches and a kaleidoscope of coral and marine life.
Day 5 Hamilton Island Free Time. Today is yours to indulge in your own pleasures ' consider an optional experience. Perhaps cruise to famous Whitehaven Beach, take a scenic flight over the iconic Heart Reef or sit back with a good book by one of the resort's stunning pools.
Day 6 Hamilton Island to Mission Beach. Take the ferry back to the mainland this morning, from where you'll head north to the seaside town of Mission Beach. Nestled between World Heritage rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef, your accommodation offers superb views over the Coral Sea.
Day 7 Mission Beach to Cairns. Today's journey takes you to the Atherton Tablelands, with its lush rainforests, spectacular waterfalls and peaceful lakes. Visit Millaa Millaa Falls and the heritage listed 500-yearold Curtain Fig Tree, and keep an eye out for the magnificent Ulysses butterfly. Spend some free time in Kuranda, the 'village in the rainforest', before travelling on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Your six-person gondola will provide spectacular views of the rainforest and the Coral Sea.
Day 8 Great Barrier Reef. Board a high-speed catamaran today and cruise out to the iconic Great Barrier Reef, the only living organism that can be seen from the moon. You'll have the opportunity to go snorkelling (equipment provided) or view the spectacular coral and tropical fish from the underwater observatory and glass bottom boat. Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch on board, before you return in the late afternoon for a Farewell Dinner with your Travel Director and new-found friends.
Day 9 Farewell from Cairns. Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Not combinable with any other discount. Discounts are subject to availability, limited seats and offer may be withdrawn at any time without notice. For new bookings only. Excludes group and charter bookings.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans