Sweet as South, 9 Days + FREE Bungy or Shotover Jet
Only on 23 May 2021
9 day trip departing Christchurch.
7 nights accommodation in a Lodge.
1 night accommodation in a Hotel.
8 Breakfasts and 3 Dinners.
See the peak of Mt Cook from across the beautiful blue glacial Lake Ohau.
See the historic Church of the Good Shepard.
Stop at Lake Pukaki, Lake Tekapo & Geraldine.
Experience rural NZ country life with a farm visit in Te Anau.
Cruise the glassy waters of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Milford Sound.
Stop at AJ Hackett's Kawarau Bridge.
View a native greenstone carving demonstration in the goldrush town of Hokitika.
SAVE up to 20%* + FREE Bungy or Shotover jet.
Day 1 Christchurch to Lake Ohau. Christchurch. Christchurch what's up? New Zealand's South Island is the home to adventure, adrenaline and good times and we're here to take it all on. Lake Tekapo. We'll stop off to see the intense milky blue waters of glacially-fed Lake Tekapo. Here (from October 2020) we'll also get to enjoy an unforgettable Dark Sky experience, an interactive multimedia exhibition that mixes stargazing, science and traditional Maori astronomy, teaching us how the Maori people used to use stars to harvest food, and about the importance of reducing light pollution. Lake Ohau. Onto Lake Ohau, with its glorious views of Mt. Cook. Yet another swoon-worthy location where you'll have to pick that jaw up off the ground.
Day 2 Lake Ohau to Te Anau. Lake Ohau. Another day, another natural wonder to discover. Arrowtown. We make a quick stop for lunch in this historic gold mining town before heading onto Te Anau. Te Anau. Arriving in the stunning lakeside town of Te Anau, why not take a guided jet boat trip to Fiordland National Park? From Te Anau through Lake Manapouri, it's an exhilirating way to soak up the scenery. You can also take a trip to the ethereal glow worm caves or simply cycle the gorgeous trails through native bush.
Day 3 Te Anau to Queenstown. Te Anau. It's time to make tracks to the spectacular natural wonder of Milford Sound. Milford Sound. Welcome to New Zealand's most stunning attraction, with a magical combination of mountain peaks, forest-clad cliffs and deep dark waters. We take an included cruise of the fiord and experience the beauty of this pristine destination by boat, the best way to see Milford Sound in all its glory. Queenstown. Later, we head to our home for the night in Queenstown.
Day 4 Queenstown. Queenstown. Today is yours to get acquainted with Queenstown and spend some time mulling over the activities up for grabs in the next two days. First stop is the legendary Kawarau Bungy Bridge, get your morning adrenaline hit with a heart pounding jump at the world home of the bungy. Later, take a stroll around beautiful Queenstown, nestled in the Southern Alps this stunning town has plenty to offer other than adventure activities.
Day 5 Queenstown. Queenstown. With our last day in adrenalin city ahead of us, this is the time to push yourself to the limits and hurl over any mental barriers you've put up around yourself. Jump into #NOREGRETS spirit and conquer those niggling fears once and for all. For those who did their dash yesterday, a day staying mellow and enjoying this beautiful region will prove more than sufficient.
Day 6 Queenstown. Queenstown. It's times like this that you really start to work out what sort of traveller you are. And human for that matter. You might be the one trailing through wine country and doing a spot of horse back riding, or you may be that guy that crams in a bungy jump, a skydive and a heliraft & still craves more. It's your holiday - run wild as you see fit.
Day 7 Queenstown to Franz Josef Glacier. Queenstown. Time to return our adrenalin levels to normal and make tracks to the wild (and often wet) West Coast and it's towering glaciers. But before we do, bridge bungy jump, anyone? Wanaka. Enjoying our scenic drive we'll stop for lunch in Wanaka, a pretty ski resort town situated on a lake front and dwarfed by mountains. This town is fast becoming one of NZ's most popular spots, and a trip to the 'Dough Bin' for a luscious pie should be high on the list today. Haast Pass. Our first piece of NZ eye-candy comes in the form of Hasast Pass, beautified by ancient rainforests, small glaciers and waterfalls. Note how the scenery changes as we roll away from Queenstown through the Southern Alps. Franz Josef Glacier. Playing host tonight is the town of Franz Josef, home to some of NZ's finest natural beauty with bushlands and glaciers that almost reach the sea. Tomorrow we'll be out and about making the most of it - who's excited?
Day 8 Franz Josef Glacier. Franz Josef Glacier. This morning will be another big ol' tick off the list as we take to the ice of Franz Josef Glacier. We've got a heli ride over the glacier up for grabs, or the opportunity to carve your own Pounamu (jade) pendant, under the tuition of a Maori mastercraftsman. Pounamu is sacred to the Maori people, and this is a great way to learn about its cultural significance, while also creating a beautiful please of jewellery. An optional highlight today is a boat cruise across Lake Mapourika. But this ain't your ordinary boat cruise. You'll cruise up the glassy lake, framed by glaciers and mountains, before switching to a stand up paddle board and gliding along a narrow estuary. This takes you to your journey's destination, the Okarito Kiwi Sanctuary, where you'll get to meet New Zealand's adorable but vulnerable national bird.
Day 9 Franz Josef Glacier to Christchurch. Franz Josef Glacier. Armed with a new found appreciation for frozen water, we hop back on the coach & start making our way back to Christchurch. Hokitika. In the gold rush town of Hokitika we'll watch authentic carvers get to work on green jade and take a look at traditional Maori art. Back on the coach we're coastline bound to one of the islands most jaw-droppingly beautiful spots... Arthurs Pass. Take in the beautiful scenery as we wind our way across the highest and most spectacular mountain pass across the Southern Alps. Christchurch. Arriving into Christchurch marks the end of our adventure (sob). NZ - you've been real.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans