Rocky Mountaineer 2022 Journey through the Clouds Self Drive, 8 Days
Price based on 3 October 2022, additional departures available with seasonal surcharges
2 days Rocky Mountaineer SilverLeaf Service.
2 breakfasts, 2 lunches.
7 nights hotel accommodation.
4 days full-size car rental.
Rail station transfers in Vancouver and Kamloops.
All Aboard 4 FREE Perks - 2 Hotel Nights, 1 way Airport Transfer and 1 FREE Dinner.
Day 1 Vancouver Arrival Arrive in Vancouver and spend time exploring this scenic city on your own. Overnight in Vancouver.
Day 2 Vancouver to Kamloops Travel onboard the Rocky Mountaineer from the coastal city of Vancouver to Kamloops, in the heart of British Columbia's interior. On today's journey you will see dramatic changes in scenery, from the lush green fields of the Fraser Valley, through forests and winding river canyons surrounded by the peaks of the Coast and Cascade Mountains, to the desert-like environment of the BC interior. Highlights include the rushing waters of Hell's Gate in the Fraser Canyon and the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River. Your day concludes as the Rocky Mountaineer travels along the shores of Kamloops Lake into Kamloops. Overnight in Kamloops. B,L
Day 3 Kamloops to Jasper Your journey continues north and east to the mighty Canadian Rockies and the province of Alberta. Once again you will be surrounded by dramatic scenery as you follow the banks of the North Thompson River through the Monashee and Cariboo Mountains, climbing ever nearer to the high peaks of the Continental Divide. today's highlights include Mount Robson, at 3,954 metres (12,972 feet) the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies Pyramid Falls, and the climb over the Yellowhead Pass into Jasper National Park. Your rail journey ends this evening on arrival in the resort town of Jasper. Overnight in Jasper. B,L
Day 4 Exploring Jasper National Park Pick up your rental car at the Avis location centrally located in Jasper. Enjoy a day touring at your leisure in Jasper National Park with your rental car. Among the area's highlights are Pyramid and Patricia Lakes, Maligne Canyon, Miette Hot Springs, Maligne Lake and Whistlers Mountain. Overnight in Jasper.
Day 5 Jasper to Lake Louise Travel south to Lake Louise via the spectacular Icefields Parkway. Allow time to visit highlights along the way, including Athabasca Falls, Bow Summit, Peyto Lake and Crowfoot Glacier. With sightseeing stops, we recommend allowing at least eight hours for today's drive. Overnight in Lake Louise.
Day 6 Lake Louise to Banff Today, drive the scenic one-hour journey from Lake Louise to Banff. Along the way, watch for deer and elk crossing the specially constructed wildlife bridges over the highway. Alternatively, take a more leisurely drive along the Bow Valley Parkway for views of Castle Mountain and Johnston Canyon (requires a short walk). The remainder of the day is at your leisure to explore the shops, restaurants, pristine scenery and plentiful wildlife of magnificent Banff National Park. Overnight in Banff.
Day 7 Banff to Calgary Travel through Kananaskis Country and the western ranching regions of Alberta at your own pace before arriving in Calgary. Overnight in Calgary.
Day 8 Calgary Car Rental ReturnDrop off your rental car in downtown Calgary or at Calgary International Airport, where your journey ends.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 8 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans