Grand Southern (Start Miami)(Twin Share Room,Start Miami, End Los Angeles)
From 27/04/2023 to 17/04/2024
You can expect to refuel with hearty breakfasts and delicious dinners from us but we'll also give you the opportunity to sample some of the best local cuisine.
You'll taste it all - from simple street eats to gourmet fare.
Professional, insightful and fun, our Trip Managers, Drivers and Local Guides in the USA & Canada are highly trained and ready to show you this incredible part of the world.
Armed with their little black books of must sees, dos and eats, they'll help you avoid the tourist traps and show you the time of your life.
Day 1 - Miami Welcome to Miami, with its sprawling beaches, art-deco masterpieces, tropical charms and buzzing party scenes. We could take a bike ride tour of South Beach, or maybe learn to salsa? There's no better way to bond with your new crew.
Day 2 - Miami The day is ours to explore sun-soaked Miami. For anyone looking for an adrenaline rush, the option is there for a Thriller Speedboat across the bay. Alternatively, head downtown, hit the Bayside Marketplace or Wynwood Walls. Options for a bike down the beach or a Party Boat adventure are on the cards for anyone who wants to live out their Will Smith dreams circa 1998.
Day 3 - Miami to Orlando Another slightly cleaner type of fun awaits us today - Orlando, the home to more than a dozen theme parks and belly screams a-plenty.Orlando was once a farming town but has since undergone a transformation into the most visited place in Florida. It is now home to the happiest place on earth, Disney World. Walt Disney's imagination was instrumental in turning this place into the fun, fantasy and amusement-loving spot that it is today. Savvy shoppers, this place has many an outlet mall just waiting for you to flex your credit card in - think rock-bottom prices on Nike, Ray-Ban, Lululemon and more - so prepare to do some serious bank balance damage.
Day 4 - Orlando Today is your opportunity to visit the epic Universal Studios, where you can visit Diagon Alley, splash around in the vast water park or visit the islands of adventure. There's something for everyone in this dizzying spectacle of rides, film and entertainment.
Day 5 - Orlando to Panama City Beach via Tallahassee You can leave your Mickey ears on, but we're on the move again today, this time westward. We'll be turning the clocks back an hour as we journey to Tallahassee, which means an extra hour in Florida's vibrant capital.Tonight we'll settle in at one of "The World's Most Beautiful Beaches" - Panama City Beach, testing out the hype with a dip in the clear blue waters.
Day 6 - Panama City Beach to New Orleans Tear yourself away from the beach - a feast of music, food and culture awaits!A melting pot of French & Caribbean infusions, New Orleans will steal our hearts as soon as we arrive. We'll kick off the festivities today with a swoon-worthy walking tour of the French quarter, jamming in Jackson Square before sampling beignets & marveling at Antebellum mansions, all to the sweet sounds of Southern jazz, of course.
Day 7 - New Orleans Now that you know New Orleans like one of the locals, it's your day to do your own thing. Stroll down Frenchmen street for the sounds of jazz and funk, head to the vast grassy oasis of the city park or check out the New Orleans museum of art for an extensive collection of gorgeous French masterpieces. Our recommendation? Head to the New Orleans school of Cooking for some classic gumbo, or experience your own Airboat adventure.
Day 8 - New Orleans to Memphis Leaving New Orleans won't be easy, but we're heading to somewhere with an equally meaty musical heritage.We'll get a city orientation of musical Memphis this afternoon, with a whole day of sightseeing awaiting us tomorrow.
Day 9 - Memphis Today's the day to get into the history of music your way. We'll start with a visit to Sun Studios where Elvis recorded his very first song. Want more? Why not check out Graceland, the home of the King, or the Rock and Soul Museum.
Day 10 - Memphis to Dallas Swinging past Little Rock High School, a historic site of the Civil RIghts movement, we'll head to Dallas.Here in the land of leather boots & Cadillacs, you'll soon learn that 'bigger is better' is a way of life. An overnight stay in the cowboy town of Fort Worth will give you the full Texan ranch experience.
Day 11 - Dallas/Fort Worth Today we'll dive deep into the Texan way of life. We'll see a cattle drive, visit the Dealey Plaza and have options to tour the iconic home of the Dallas Cowboys or see the 6th floor museum.
Day 12 - Dallas to Amarillo Is this the way to Amarillo? We'll visit the quirky Cadillac Ranch today before taking the Amarillo steak challenge, if you have the stomach for it.
Day 13 - Amarillo to Santa Fe We'll say farewell to Amarillo and sweet Marie today as we head towards another southern icon.Santa Fe calls, a city rich with Native American and Hispanic influences. We'll have the chance for an epic hot air balloon ride and refuel with some enchiladas.
Day 14 - Santa Fe to Durango See ya, Santa Fe, we're headed to Durango.Welcome to Colorado's adventure capital! This historic mining town is packed with gorgeous scenery, buzzing nightlife and excellent eateries.
Day 15 - Durango to the Grand Canyon Via Monument Valley Bidding farewell to Durango, We'll journey past the 'Wild West' landscapes to......this monumental place has an iconic cluster of sandstone buttes, and we'll get a chance to visit the Monument Valley Tribal park as we wind our way through the Rocky Mountains.Finally our journey takes us to showstopper: The Grand Canyon National Park (entrance included, naturally)
Day 16 - Grand Canyon You will be contemplating life, existence, and the immense size of the Grand Canyon with a free day to spend in Grand Canyon National Park. You can spend your day feeling a part of the wilderness as you go hiking through the exposed rock, but by far the most spine tingling experience at this natural wonder is one of our optional chopper rides through the UNESCO World Heritage site. Indulgent sure, but one of those life moments you deserve to treat yourself to. Tonight settle in to watch the sunset on the rim - the image with plaster a wide grin on your face for years to come.
Day 17 - Grand Canyon to Las Vegas via Route 66 With the timeless beauty of the Grand Canyon imprinted in our brains forever, we'll swap hiking boots for dancing shoes as we pull up in Sin City via the historic Route 66.Following the legendary Route 66, we stop off for a souvenir hunt in the old historical town of Seligman. You'll be transported back to the 1940s while you stroll past the original facades of shops and motels.We've reached the one and only Sin City. Upon arrival we'll cruise the iconic strip & check out the Vegas sign. Feeling romantic? Stop by and see one of the many Elvis impersonators for a shotgun wedding ceremony, and maybe even get hitched yourself...(joking).Tonight, choose to hang out around Fremont Street or opt for a VIP nightclub experience for the kind of glitzy night out that only Vegas can provide.
Day 18 - Las Vegas You're in Vegas, baby! And the city's weird & wonderful charm isn't going to uncover itself. Experience the grandeur of the city's opulent casinos before joining our famed party bus. As we cruise down the strip and dance the night away, this is the perfect way to bond with your Contiki family, Vegas style.
Day 19 - Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Mojave Desert After partying it up in Las Vegas, we'll take the scenic route through the Mojave Desert, where you'll get acquainted with the famous Joshua trees.Welcome to the City of Angels. Don't worry, there is plenty of free time to explore this evening. From the sites you see on the silver screen, to Melrose and Muscle Beach you'll be wowed at every stop and your phone will no doubt be full of Instagram worthy pics.
Day 20 - Los Angeles The day is yours to explore the City of Angels. Opt to visit Universal Studios or Disneyland or check out LA Live entertainment venue. The shopping goes off, so look for deals in the garment district. Visit the Grammy Museum and for the foodies among us there's a downtown LA food tour to taste all of the wonders of the multicultural food Mecca.
Day 21 - Depart Los Angeles Time to say goodbye to your crew. It's been a blast, but all good things must come to an end. With our sun-kissed skin and eyes on the next horizon, it's time to plan our next Contiki. Peru, anyone? Arrive Miami Authentic Cuban Dinner in Little Havana Miami See the famous Art Deco architecture Check out Wynwood Walls and Little Havana Orlando One-way transfers to the amusement parks Memphis Visit the Legendary Sun Studios Memphis to Dallas/Fort Worth Visit Little Rock High School Historic Site Dallas/Fort Worth Visit Fort Worth Stockyards Las Vegas to Los Angeles See the Seven Magic Mountains See the famous Hollywood sign, Mann's Chinese Theatre & Hollywood's Walk of Fame
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans