Queensland Coast & Islands Adventure
From 10/10/2021 to 15/10/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Oct Sun 10 2021 to Oct Sat 16 2021AvailableFrom$1,785*
Dec Sun 05 2021 to Dec Sat 11 2021AvailableFrom$2,380*
Jan Sun 02 2022 to Jan Sat 08 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
Jan Sun 16 2022 to Jan Sat 22 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
Feb Sun 06 2022 to Feb Sat 12 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
Feb Sun 27 2022 to Mar Sat 05 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
Mar Sun 27 2022 to Apr Sat 02 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
Apr Sun 10 2022 to Apr Sat 16 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
Apr Sun 24 2022 to Apr Sat 30 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
May Sun 08 2022 to May Sat 14 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
May Sun 22 2022 to May Sat 28 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
Jun Sun 05 2022 to Jun Sat 11 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
Jun Sun 19 2022 to Jun Sat 25 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
Jul Sun 03 2022 to Jul Sat 09 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
Jul Sun 17 2022 to Jul Sat 23 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
Jul Sun 31 2022 to Aug Sat 06 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
Aug Sun 14 2022 to Aug Sat 20 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
Aug Sun 28 2022 to Sep Sat 03 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
Sep Sun 11 2022 to Sep Sat 17 2022AvailableFrom$2,450*
Catch the ferry to Magnetic Island where you’ll find the sweeping sands of Horseshoe Bay.
It’s even more beautiful beneath the surface, which you’ll find out during an afternoon of snorkelling.
Travel to Mungalla Station to meet the First Nations owners of the land, the Nywaigi People, and learn about their culture and history, then explore the wetlands in search of birdlife.
Discover the untouched wonders of Hinchinbrook Island National Park.
You’ll feel like you have the whole place to yourself as you explore the rainforests and beaches of this uninhabited island.
Walk through the paradisical scenery of Dunk Island, passing through rainforest filled with birdlife while keeping an eye out for dugong, sea turtles and Ulysses butterflies.
Visit the postcard-perfect Millaa Millaa Falls to snap some pictures, then hike up the Windin Falls to a stunning natural infinity pool overlooking the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Lunches Included: 4.
Dinners Included: 1.
Resort (3 nights),Bungalow (with shared facilities) (2 nights),Hotel (1 night).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 11.
Magnetic Island - Welcome dinner.
Magnetic Island - Day bus pass.
Magnetic Island - Snorkelling.
Mungalla Station - First Nations Tour.
Lucinda - Jetty.
Hinchinbrook Island - Half day tour.
Dunk Island - Island Circuit Hike.
Dunk Island - Picnic lunch.
Atherton Tablelands - Millaa Millaa Falls.
Atherton Tablelands - Windin Falls hike.
Atherton Tablelands - Windin Falls hike picnic lunch.
Atherton Tablelands - Tolga Bat Hospital.
Kuranda - Kuranda Markets.
Kuranda - Mt.
Day 1 - Townsville / Magnetic Island Welcome to Queensland! Your adventure begins in Townsville, a delightful coastal city and your gateway to the islands of northern Queensland. A welcome meeting will take place at 12pm today where you’ll meet your local leader and new travel companions. After the meeting, you may like to get to know your group over lunch in one of the city’s fantastic eateries, recommended by your leader. You won’t have to wait long to see scenery to take your breath away – this afternoon you’ll hop across to the beautiful Magnetic Island on a ferry. Dinner this evening will be quintessential Aussie fare – fish and chips. After an exciting first day, retire to your eco-lodge bungalows surrounded by the flora and fauna of the island.
Day 2 - Magnetic Island Wake up in paradise! This morning board a bus to Horseshoe Bay, a gorgeous 3km crescent of golden beach. Here you'll go snorkelling and come face to face with the marine life beneath the bay’s clear blue waters. The rest of the day is free for you to experience all this island has to offer. There’s certainly no shortage of stunning places to explore or incredible things to discover. One of the best ways to get to know the island is on foot – you may like to set off on the Hawkings Point Track, offering epic views over the island and one of the best places to watch the sunrise or sunset, or the Forts Walk, leading you to historic WWII fortifications, with the chance to see koalas hanging out in the trees along the track. You may prefer to relax in Arcadia Village, home to charming cafes and shops, plus plenty of beaches to while away an afternoon on. Your leader will be on hand to make suggestions on how to get the most out of your time here.
Day 3 - Mungalla Station / Lucinda Leave the pull of Magnetic Island behind and catch a ferry back to Townsville, where you’ll hop aboard a private vehicle and drive to Mungalla Station. If time permits, you’ll stop off at Big Crystal Creek for a refreshing swim. On arrival to Mungalla Station, meet the First Nations owners of the land, the Nywaigi People, and learn about their culture and history, including brutal conflicts with European settlers. The story you’ve been told will come to life as you visit an exhibition of pictures within the historic homestead, then head out and explore the Mungalla wetlands in search of aquatic birdlife. Enjoy an evening at leisure at your accommodation on the Cassowary Coast, serving up unforgettable views of the Hinchinbrook Island National Park.
Day 4 - Hinchinbrook Island / Mission Beach Today will be spent exploring the untouched wonders of Hinchinbrook Island. Not only is this the largest island on the Great Barrier Reef, it also only permits 40 visitors at a time in the name of preservation, so you’ll really feel like you have the whole place to yourself. Jump on a ferry across the water, then get to exploring with the guidance of your local leader. From swathes of rainforest and eucalyptus trees to towering peaks and golden sand dunes, there’s so much to uncover on this uninhabited island. In the afternoon head on to your overnight stay in Mission Beach.
Day 5 - Dunk Island / Mission Beach Start your day by catching a water taxi to Dunk Island, part of the Family Islands group and home to the beautiful Mission Beach. Get to know the island on foot during a three-hour circuit walk, passing Palm Valley and shady rainforest filled with birdlife before arriving at Coconut Beach. Your leader may share stories of the island’s fascinating history as you hike. Dunk Island also hosts plenty of magnificent wildlife, so be sure to be on the lookout for dugong and sea turtles in the ocean, and the famous blue Ulysses butterflies dancing around you. After your walk and your return to Mission Beach on the mainland, the rest of the afternoon is yours to spend as you wish.
Day 6 - Atherton Tablelands Make the morning drive to the Atherton Tablelands, and Millaa Millaa Falls. This place looks like a postcard for paradise, with a perfect cascade tumbling into a pool surrounded by lush rainforest. Take some time to soak it all in and snap some pictures, then carry on to Windin Falls. Here you’ll embark on a two to three hour hike up the falls towards a natural infinity pool offering unbeatable views of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area. After your hike, pay a visit to the Tolga Bat Hospital, Australia’s largest bat rehabilitation facility. Here you’ll learn about the research, advocacy and community education undertaken by the facility and make some new upside-down friends before continuing to the town of Atherton. For this evening’s meal you may like to dine at the historic hotel in the heart of town, first built in the 1880s.
Day 7 - Kuranda / Cairns Enjoy a morning at leisure to explore Atherton. Perhaps browse the popular antiques and collectables store, or check out the heritage listed Hou Wang Temple and its attached museum to learn about Atherton’s Chinese cultural heritage. Then it’s time to leave Atherton behind and drive on to the Kuranda Markets, stopping along the way at the Mt Uncle Distillery. The markets sit in Kuranda village, a laidback place with a hippie vibe surrounded by rainforest. Take some time out to explore the colourful stalls of this iconic Australian market – if you’ve not picked up any souvenirs on your journey yet, this is the place to do it! Perhaps grab a bite to eat from one of many vendors, then continue your drive towards Cairns. You may like to get together for a final dinner as a group tonight, after which your adventure will come to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans