Sunshine Coast Walking Summer Adventure
From 31/07/2022 to 14/09/2023
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jul Sun 31 2022 to Aug Thu 04 2022Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,510*
Aug Sun 21 2022 to Aug Thu 25 2022AvailableFrom$2,305*
Sep Sun 11 2022 to Sep Thu 15 2022AvailableFrom$2,350*
May Sun 28 2023 to Jun Thu 01 2023AvailableFrom$2,440*
Jun Sun 18 2023 to Jun Thu 22 2023AvailableFrom$2,440*
Soak up the warm, summertime rays of British Columbia’s Sunshine Coast, named for the 2400 hours of sunshine it receives every year.
With fewer visitors than nearby Vancouver Island and other parts of BC, this ferry-access-only region will have you feeling like you’re escaping the normal summer crowds for something entirely new.
You’ll not only experience south-western Canada by land, but also by sea.
Voyage on a number of short ferry journeys that will provide some pretty epic vistas.
Embark on several scenic leader-led hikes, including along the Sunshine Coast and Willingdon Beach trails, and to check out the mighty Skookumchuk Tidal Rapids.
With all the ferry bookings taken care of and private transport arranged, you won’t have to stress about a thing.
Your mind will be focused on finding the next place to eat or whether to book an optional kayaking adventure.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (4 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Sechelt - Leader-led Walking Tour.
Powell River - Leader-led Orientation Walk.
Powell River - Leader-led Willingdon Beach Trail Walk.
Powell River - Brewery Beer Tasting.
Leader-led Sunshine Coastal Hike.
Leader-led Skookumchuk Tidal Rapids Hike.
Day 1 - Vancouver to Sechelt Welcome to Vancouver! Today is an early start, meeting at Granville Square (located right by Waterfront Station) at 8:30 am for your welcome meeting. After your briefing, depart in a private vehicle towards Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal for a 1.5-hour transfer to Langdale. Back on land, grab some lunch and take a 30-minute drive to tonight’s stop in sleepy Sechelt. Once you are all checked in, head out on a leader-led walk around town, then perhaps catch the sunset by the sea. With a free evening tonight, you may wish to gather your group and head out for a meal. Be sure to ask your group leader for their favourite picks. With not a lot of time spent in Canada’s western hub, it’s highly recommended to spend an extra day or two here to see what Vancouver has to offer. The Gastown neighbourhood, Stanley Park and Granville Island are just some of the hotspots to check out if you have time.
Day 2 - Powell River Grab breakfast from one of the many cafes around town before departing with your group mid-morning for Powell River. Hit the road along Canada’s Sunshine Coast for an hour-long scenic drive that hugs the coastline and offers up some lovely serene views. Stop for photos along the way, then board a ferry from Earl's Cove Terminal for a 1-hour cruise to Saltery Bay. After another 30-minute drive, arrive in the historic town of Powell River – your base for the next couple of nights. Grab yourself some lunch then join your leader on a stroll around town and along the picture-perfect Willingdon Beach Trail. Afterwards, freshen up at your hotel, then join a beer-tasting experience (with some light dinner) at a local brewery. Sit back, relax and let the conversation (and beers!) flow.
Day 3 - Powell River Rise and shine, and be sure to get some breakfast, before heading off at around 8 am for a 3-hour hike along the Sunshine Coast Trail. During the hike, you’ll walk through verdant rainforests and past some tall waterfalls. It’s one of Canada’s longest hut-to-hut trails, but you and your small group will just be taking on a small section. There will be plenty of stops to take some panoramic photos along the way. Keep in mind that you’ll arrive back in town around 1 pm, so it’s wise to bring some snacks with you this morning. The afternoon is at your leisure, so you’re free to keep exploring at your own pace. Perhaps try your hand at kayaking on the Georgia Strait, browse some local shops or test out the many breweries and distilleries around town.
Day 4 - Gibsons Enjoy your own breakfast then hit the road by 9 am. Head south in your private vehicle and take the same ferry crossing back to Earls Cove. This time, however, you’ll make a slight detour to Skookumchuk Tidal Rapids for a 2-hour leader-led hike in a lush rainforest. You might even be lucky to catch the tides changing along the rapids, which is quite a sight twice daily. Afterwards, find a local eatery to refuel with your group then head towards the small town of Gibsons by 3 pm. This afternoon is free for you to explore. Perhaps visit a brewery or local museum or make the short walk up Soames Hill for wonderful harbour views. Tonight, your leader will offer an optional dinner with the group to celebrate your time along Canada’s Sunshine Coast. Gibsons has some fantastic seafood establishments if you’d like to try some freshly caught Pacific fish.
Day 5 - Vancouver Debart Gibsons by 11 am, bound for Langdale to take the return leg of your 1.5-hour ferry ride across to Horseshoe Bay and onwards to Vancouver. You’ll arrive back at around 4 pm, where the tour will end at Granville Square. With no activities planned, you are free to leave the group, continuing your own adventure or beginning your homeward journey.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 11 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans