7 Day Impressions of the Murray River & Kangaroo Island
Experience a full day tour of iconic Kangaroo Island's pristine wilderness, breathtaking landscapes and charming wildlife. Spend 3 comfortable and entertaining nights aboard the traditional paddlewheeler, PS Murray Princess, with all meals included while cruising the peaceful waters of the Murray River. Cruise South Australia's beautiful lower riverlands departing historic Mannum with exciting hand-selected onshore tours. Explore historic townships and trade routes with a tour of historic Murray Bridge, guided nature walk at Salt Bush Flat and a riverland flat-bottomed boat experience. Taste some of Australia's most renowned wines and immerse yourself in the heritage of the Barossa region before returning to cosmopolitan Adelaide. Relax at centrally located and brand new Crowne Plaza Adelaide with stunning restaurant & pool bar and beautiful views.Day 1 Arrive Adelaide
Upon arrival in Adelaide, make your own way to the hotel to begin your cosmopolitan adventure. Known as the city of churches and home to renowned museums, Adelaide is bursting with arts, culture, flavours and entertainment. Get a taste of world-famous wine regions and award-winning restaurants right at your fingertips.Day 2 Full Day Kangaroo Island Discovery
Hop on the coach to Cape Jervis to board the ferry bound for Kangaroo Island. Visit Seal Bay where you can walk on the beach amongst the wild Australian sea lions, before heading to the Parndana hotel for lunch. After lunch, stop in at Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park to feed the kangaroos and get up close to koalas, before continuing on to Flinders Chase National Park. Although this area was impacted by bushfires in January 2020, you'll see the amazing regeneration of the native bush, and have great photo opportunities at Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. Conclude your 16 hour tour returning to Adelaide late in the evening with time to rest during your ferry and coach transfers.Day 3 Welcome Aboard PS Murray Princess at Mannum
Enjoy a pick up from your hotel at approximately 1:30pm bound for historic Mannum, the birthplace of the Murray River trade. Step aboard PS Murray Princess for a mid-afternoon departure and enjoy a Welcome Dinner as we cruise under floodlight to our overnight mooring. Keep your eyes out for nocturnal wildlife such as kangaroos, wombats, tortoises and egrets on the riverbank.Day 4 Murray River Cruising
In 1879 the first bridge to span the Murray River was built at Edwards Crossing, which quickly became the bustling township of Murray Bridge. After a hearty breakfast, choose to join a guided tour of the town's historic landmarks and local attractions or go on a wildlife tour at Monarto Safari Park (additional cost). Those who choose to experience Monarto Safari Park will arrive back onboard the Murray Princess in time for lunch then join us in the Sturt Dining Room for a special presentation on the bounty of food and wine produced in the Riverland. This afternoon, we continue our journey upriver and tonight we moor at Salt Bush Flat. After dinner, enjoy being entertained by our talented crew.Day 5 Murray River Cruising
This morning, join a guided nature walk where our guide will share the secrets of the local flora and fauna. It's a great way to get in a little exercise before the PS Murray Princess departs and cruises downriver. Near Fromms Landing, we turn and head downriver to River View Lodge (near Piggy Flat/Coolcha) where your discovery vessel awaits for a wildlife tour. Travelling in small, personalised groups, we explore the maze of the river and the birdlife is amazing. Watch for darters, herons and egrets feeding along the river's muddy edges. The afternoon offers a choice of bocce or fishing challenges before a delicious final night dinner in the Sturt Dining Room.Day 6 Farewell PS Murray Princess - Barossa Wine & Heritage Experience
Cruise back to Mannum where you will disembark after breakfast. Depart for the famous Barossa, Australia's richest and best-known wine making region. First stop is at Jacob's Creek Visitor Centre for structured wine tasting and morning tea. Lunch is a two course feast made with fresh regional produce at picturesque Lambert Estate vineyard. Your final stop is Gully Gardens at Angaston for samples of locally grown dried fruits and unique confectionery. Enjoy the Eden Valley scenery en route to Mannum for your return transfer to Adelaide.Day 7 Depart Adelaide
After one final breakfast, bid farewell to multicultural Adelaide with lasting memories and make your own way to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- ** BONUS VALUE is per room/cabin.
- ^^Last chance for 2021 - final cabins selling fast & subject to availability).
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.