Byron Bay & Northern Rivers Adventure
From 01/11/2021 to 28/01/2023
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Nov Mon 01 2021 to Nov Sat 06 2021AvailableFrom$2,035*
Dec Mon 20 2021 to Dec Sat 25 2021AvailableFrom$2,035*
Jan Mon 10 2022 to Jan Sat 15 2022AvailableFrom$2,095*
Feb Mon 07 2022 to Feb Sat 12 2022AvailableFrom$2,095*
Mar Mon 07 2022 to Mar Sat 12 2022AvailableFrom$2,095*
Mar Mon 28 2022 to Apr Sat 02 2022AvailableFrom$2,095*
May Mon 09 2022 to May Sat 14 2022AvailableFrom$2,000*
Jun Mon 06 2022 to Jun Sat 11 2022AvailableFrom$2,000*
Aug Mon 01 2022 to Aug Sat 06 2022AvailableFrom$2,000*
Sep Mon 05 2022 to Sep Sat 10 2022AvailableFrom$2,000*
Start your adventure by being welcomed to country by a Arakwal Bumberbin Bundjalung First Nations elder and learn about the culture and customs that run through this part of the country.
Step into the ancient Gondwana Rainforest of Dorrigo National Park and let your local leader teach you about the flora and fauna you pass as you walk towards a serene waterfall.
Visit Synchronicity farm, a social enterprise which promotes eating local and seasonal produce.
Explore the farm and learn about their important mission.
Uncover the natural wonders of the Brunswick River with a First Nations nature enthusiast during a kayaking adventure, looking out for turtles, stingrays and dolphins in the clear blue waters.
Explore the stunning Solitary Islands Marine Park off the coast of Coffs Harbour during a stand up paddleboarding tour with a local guide and learn about the area’s connection to the Gumbaynggirr people.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Motel (3 nights),Lodge (2 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 11.
Byron Bay - Welcome to Country and First Nations Experience.
Solitary Islands Marine Park - Stand Up Paddleboarding.
Dorrigo National Park - National Park Walk.
Coffs Hinterland - Synchronicity Farm Guided Tour.
Brunswick Heads - First Nations Kayaking Adventure.
Day 1 - Byron Bay - Yamba Welcome to New South Wales! Your adventure begins in Byron Bay with a welcome meeting at 8am at the Byron Bay Visitor Centre. Here you’ll meet up with your local leader and fellow travellers. Early risers may like to head out before the meeting to watch one of the bay’s famous sunrises. After your meeting, you will be welcomed to the land by a highly respected Arakwal Bumberbin Bundjalung First Nations elder. Learn about the rich culture and customs that run through the Northern Rivers region and the importance of the natural elements of the land. You will be able to carry this knowledge with you and see the respect for the First Nation’s culture in the landscapes you explore. Continue on to Yamba, a delightful fishing town with a laidback atmosphere. Here you’ll spend the night at a charming hotel perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean, a perfect spot for soaking in the spectacular scenery.
Day 2 - Coffs Harbour - Bellingen Hit the road again and travel down to Coffs Harbour. This city is famous for its Big Banana monument, but its gorgeous beaches and abundant marine wildlife are the real stars of the show. Off the coast you’ll find the Solitary Islands Marine Park, and while here you’ll join a local guide for a stand up paddleboarding experience and see the region through the eyes of the Gumbaynggirr people. Back on dry land, venture inland and come upon Bellingen, or “Bello” as it’s affectionally known to the locals. Tucked away among emerald hills, this little country town has a modern outlook – it’s easy to spend an afternoon exploring trendy boutiques, wholefood cafes and quirky craft markets. Settle into your lodge accommodation and meet the alpacas who live on the property, then perhaps check out the excellent on-site restaurant run by a celebrated local chef.
Day 3 - Dorrigo National Park - Bellingen Today will be spent exploring the magic of Dorrigo National Park. It’s a wonder this ancient Gondwana rainforest isn’t better known, but that’s lucky for you – exploring without the crowds allows you to really connect with this magnificent natural landscape. Join your local leader on a gentle walk through lush rainforest as they let you in on the secrets of the flora and fauna within the park. Listen out for the call of lyrebirds and keep an eye out for Australian brush turkeys. Come upon the Crystal Shower Falls, a stunning cascade of water tumbling into a pool below, then continue along to the end of the track. There may be the chance for a picnic lunch after your walk, so you may like to bring some snacks along with you. The rest of the afternoon is yours for further explorations, perhaps head out kayaking on the Bellinger River.
Day 4 - Brunswick Heads This morning you’ll pay a visit to Synchronicity farm, a social enterprise focused on promoting local and seasonal produce for health and environmental benefits. Explore the farm's gardens and workshops on a guided tour while learning about their mission, then return to the road and head north. If the days line up, you may stop off at a local community or farmers market on your travels, or perhaps pause to marvel at the historic Protesters Falls or Minyon Falls. The area is rich with creative enterprises and you may like to swing by local designers, artisans, brewers, bakers or coffee roasters as you amble through the hinterland villages. Arrive at the small coastal town of Brunswick Heads and settle into your old-school retro inspired accommodation. This evening you may like to dine at the iconic Hotel Brunswick, take a stroll along the beach or tuck into some fish and chips.
Day 5 - Brunswick Heads - Tweed Heads Rise and shine! Set out this morning to explore the Brunswick River on an exciting kayaking adventure. Join a First Nations nature enthusiast who will guide you around Brunswick Heads and past a series of beautiful river beaches. Your guide will point out fascinating wildlife as you paddle – it’s common to see turtles, fish, stingrays and even dolphins. Learn about the indigenous culture of the region, hear about ancient stories and customs passed down through generations and find out how the First Nation tribes lived off the land. Take some time out on the riverbank to relax or cool off with a swim in the clear blue waters. Later in the day, drive through more scenic hinterland the town of Tweed Heads, boasting amazing views of Mt Warning. On arrival, perhaps pay a visit to a local art gallery, explore the quaint nearby towns of Burringbar and Uki, or take a walk along one of the sprawling beaches around Pottsville. Tonight, you may like to head out for a final dinner as a group and look back on all you’ve seen and done.
Day 6 - Tweed Heads Your New South Wales Adventure will come to an end in Tweed Heads after breakfast this morning.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans