Spectacular Rockies and Glaciers of Alberta - with Rocky Mountaineer Option SilverLeaf, Classic Group, 2022
From 18/05/2022 to 22/09/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Wed 18 2022 to May Thu 26 2022AvailableFrom$7,470*
May Wed 25 2022 to Jun Thu 02 2022AvailableFrom$7,770*
Jun Wed 01 2022 to Jun Thu 09 2022AvailableFrom$7,870*
Jun Wed 08 2022 to Jun Thu 16 2022AvailableFrom$7,870*
Jun Wed 29 2022 to Jul Thu 07 2022AvailableFrom$7,870*
Aug Wed 31 2022 to Sep Thu 08 2022AvailableFrom$7,945*
Sep Wed 07 2022 to Sep Thu 15 2022AvailableFrom$8,100*
Sep Wed 14 2022 to Sep Thu 22 2022Sold OutFrom$8,075*
Included Insight Services.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times.
If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Day 1 - Welcome to Banff After your arrival at Calgary Airport, you are transferred to the Castle in the Rockies, your historic mountain resort in Banff. Built in the distinctive Canadian Ch?teau style, it is one of the earliest examples of the country's grand railway hotels. Tonight, join your Travel Director and fellow travelers for a Welcome Dinner.(Dinner with Wine)
Day 2 - Exploring Banff Connect with nature as you join a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience with your First Nations Cree Iroquois Local Expert. Embark on a guided walk in the Boreal forest and discover the Indigenous world of plant medicines. Learn about the historical and modern day uses of plants and listen to fascinating stories about the First Nations culture.Choose from a range of optional experiences available to make the most out of your day. Play a round of golf, take the gondola up Sulphur Mountain and go on a hike, or enjoy a horseback ride.(Breakfast)
Day 3 - A Trip to Lake Louise A marvellous day awaits as you set out to explore Lake Louise with Insight Choice. Choose a journey on the sightseeing gondola and look out for local wildlife as you enjoy a hike surrounded by panoramic views. Alternatively, join your Travel Director for a relaxed stroll along iconic Lake Louise and put paint to canvas to create your own masterpiece. Indulge in a delicious lunch before returning to Banff and enjoying the rest of your day at leisure.(Breakfast / Lunch)
Day 4 - Lakes, Mountains and Glaciers Start your day with a visit to the glacier-fed Moraine Lake in the Valley of the Ten Peaks. Take a moment to absorb the view of the stunning turquoise lake hidden among steep mountains, waterfalls, and rock piles. Your journey continues on the Icefields Parkway, one of the most beautiful drives on the planet. Admire the dramatic scenery of the Rockies with plenty of photo opportunities. Later, a warm welcome greets you at the country's first and only glacier-view resort where you will savour a Canadian inspired, locally sourced dinner. After your meal take advantage of the long daylight hours and set out for a private visit to the Columbia Icefield Skywalk, a glass-floored walkway above the Sunwapta Valley. Once night falls, step out on your hotel's viewing deck and take your chances at stargazing undisturbed by light pollution.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 5 - Glacier Adventure Before other travellers arrive, venture onto the Athabasca Glacier in a massive Ice Explorer for your special visit. Join your Local Expert and walk on the frozen flow of ice. Discover the beauty and immensity of the glacier as you learn about the history and geology of the region. Continue along the magnificent Icefields Parkway and arrive at Jasper National Park with its soothing mineral hot springs, colourful meadows and majestic mountains.(Breakfast)
Day 6 - Exploring Jasper Join your Travel Director for an informative walk on the trails of Maligne Canyon, the deepest gorge in the Jasper National Park. Weather permitting, embark on a narrated cruise across the serene waters of Maligne Lake and stop at Spirit Island, one of the most photographed sites in the Canadian Rockies.(Breakfast)
Day 7 - Relaxing in Kananaskis Enjoy your scenic drive to Kananaskis and your upscale hotel nestled in the wilderness. Relax at the resort surrounded by mountainous beauty and modern comforts. Tonight, come together with your fellow travellers for a festive Celebration Dinner and toast to your wonderful trip in the Canadian Rockies.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 8 - Board the Rocky Mountaineer After breakfast this morning you will be transferred from Kananaskis to Banff and board the Rocky Mountaineer. Your journey on this luxurious train begins westward bound through the mighty Canadian Rockies and the province of Alberta. With more than three decades experience, Rocky Mountaineer has perfected the art of comfort and service. Prepare for spectacular views and flavourful food as you indulge in this unforgettable experience. You will see a spectacular array of scenery as you travel across ranchlands, along rocky lakeshores, over high mountain passes and through the remarkable tunnels that make up the rich rail history of the Canadian Rockies. Today's highlights include Craigellachie, where the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway was driven, the climb over Rogers Pass, Kicking Horse Canyon, the Spiral Tunnels and, of course, the glaciers and snow-capped peaks of the Rockies. This evening you will disembark in Kamloops where you will overnight at your inviting hotel.(Breakfast / Lunch)
Day 9 - Journey to Vancouver Depart Kamloops this morning and continue your journey on the Rocky Mountaineer to the coastal city of Vancouver, in the heart of British Columbia's interior. As you travel along you will see dramatic changes in scenery, from the desert-like environment of the British Columbia interior, the lush green fields of the Fraser Valley, and forests and winding river canyons surrounded by the peaks of the Coast and Cascade Mountains. Highlights include the rushing waters of Hell's Gate in the Fraser Canyon and the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River. On arrival in Vancouver you will bid farewell to this incredible experience and transfer to the airport for your flight home, or alternatively choose to extend your stay in this exciting city.(Breakfast / Lunch) Authentic Dining Banff: Enjoy dinner at the historic and regal Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. Dining Summary: 8 Breakfast (B), 3 Dinner with Wine (DW), 2 Lunch (L) Insight Choice Lake Louise: Explore Lake Louise with Insight Choice. Choose to take the sightseeing gondola and embark on a gentle hike offering stunning views of the nearby peaks and glaciers. Alternatively, enjoy a relaxed lakeside stroll through the inspiring scenery and with a canvas and paints, create your own work of art. Insight Experiences Glacier Skywalk: Enjoy a private, after-hours visit to the amazing Glacier Skywalk. Step onto the cliff-edged, glass-floored walkway offering sweeping views of the Sunwapta Valley and the Columbia Icefield. Athabasca Glacier: Take a seat in a specially designed Ice Explorer for a visit onto the Athabasca Glacier before other travellers arrive. Follow your Local Expert as you stroll on its icy surface and experience the enormous glaciers up close. Make Travel Matter Mahikan Trails Medicine: MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) and join a First Nations Cree Iroquois Local Expert and take a walk in the Boreal forest. Learn how their ancestors survived off the land and used the plants as medicines. Listen to amazing stories about First Nations culture and their relationship with local nature and wildlife. Top Rated Highlights Jasper: Relax on board a narrated cruise on the serene waters of Lake Maligne. Glide past jagged mountain peaks to Spirit Island, a world-famous destination accessible only by boat.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans