From 18/09/2022 to 25/10/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
1 Farewell Dinner.
1 Welcome Reception.
First class travel Highlights.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
All transport and transfers shown.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Optional Experiences and free time.
Day 1 - Stroll Through The Red Streets Of Boston Welcome to Boston, the Cradle of Liberty and once home to such famous sons as Samuel Adams, Paul Revere and Benjamin Franklin. Amble up and down the City on the Hill on your terms and immerse yourself in its revolutionary history or enjoy a stroll along the waterfront. This evening, we'll meet our Travel Director and fellow travelers for a Welcome Reception to kick-start our color-filled journey through New England landscapes.
Day 2 - Take A Historical Drive Through New England March to independence, exploring Boston's historic sites. We'll spend the morning with our Dive Into Culture, weaving along the Freedom Trail which reveals the rich history of the American Revolution. Stop at Lexington and Concord, the site where "the shot heard round the world" was fired. Next, we will continue to Dive Into Culture at Old Sturbridge Village, a living museum which recreates life in rural New England during the 1790s through 1830s. In the afternoon, drive along the Mohawk Trail, an early Native American and colonial trade route, and the first designated scenic drive in New England.
Day 3 - Uncover The Craftmanship Of Vermont Today we will experience the best Yankee ingenuity has to offer with a visit to the Vermont Country Store opened In 1946 by Vrest and Ellen Orton in the quaint village of Weston, Vermont. Next we'll drive past picture-perfect farmlands and old-world towns en route to the historic Quechee. Dive Into Culture and watch craftsmen create the delicate glassware that has made Simon Pearce glassblowing workshop famous, delving into the art and science of glassblowing. Then, savor a Regional Meal lunch featuring local ingredients arranged on Simon Pearce's beautiful stem and flatware.
Day 4 - Start Your Day With Ice Cream Visit Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory during your Dive Into Culture, where you'll have an opportunity to learn about the company's history, a peek into the manufacturing process, and a Q&A in their flavor room with of course, a sample of one of their euphoric flavors. We continue today's adventure to North Conway, where you'll learn about the local flora and fauna with a Local Specialist for an ecological look at Autumn in the North Woods. Begin the adventure at the summit of Mt. Washington where man has been able to adapt in order to survive some of the most severe weather ever recorded. Then descend into the forest and valley below to take a closer look at some of the wildlife that calls New Hampshire home as well as an overview of the spectacular fall colors. The Mt. Washington Valley provides the scenic backdrop as we take this fascinating closer look at autumn.
Day 5 - Embrace Autumn Hues In North Conway Journey along "The Kanc", an American Scenic Byway that cuts through the White Mountain National Forest, admiring the glowing fall colors. Then this afternoon you will have an optional opportunity to learn the true nature and history of Mount Washington and the historical Auto Road. Driven by accomplished and dedicated tour guides, your "stage driver" will offer stories, anecdotes, legends, history and insight into the ecological wonder of Mount Washington, as well as point out interesting features and scenic opportunities from the base to the 6,288-foot summit.
Day 6 - Savour The Flavours Of Bar Harbor We continue through the lush pine forests, highlands and river valleys that define the rugged Maine landscape. Descending "Downeast", the looming Atlantic swells of Bar Harbor on Mount Desert Island are our final destination for the day. Join a Local Specialist for insights into lobster fishing and tonight, we'll savour a traditional lobster dinner.
Day 7 - Trek Through Colourful Acadia National Park Dive Into Culture during your visit to Acadia National Park, the first National Park established East of the Mississippi. Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park is the highest point along the Atlantic Seaboard and first spot in the United States where you'll see the sunrise. Admire the magnificent view over the Schoodic Peninsula, pink granite cliffs and ancient maple forests - their leaves glowing fiery red, burnt orange and mustard yellow in the crisp autumn air. We'll return to Bar Harbor for an afternoon at leisure or consider joining an optional nature cruise on Frenchman Bay.
Day 8 - Take A Panoramic Drive Along the Marine Coast The intense hues of New England's forests and mountains linger as we journey south past the rocky beaches and cliffs of Maine's rugged coast. Make a stop at our Dive Into Culture, the iconic Portland Head (Nubble) Lighthouse, the oldest lighthouse in Maine. We also journey past fisheries and seaside dwellings that have sheltered everyone from local lobstermen to holidaying Presidents. Travel south to the mouth of the Piscataqua River and the historic seaport city of Portsmouth, one of the oldest cities in the United States. This evening, we join our fellow travelers for a memorable Farewell Dinner reminiscing over our fall foliage experience.
Day 9 - Back To Boston And Beyond We'll return to Boston and bid farewell to new friends. Transfer to Boston Logan International Airport or to the hotel in Boston if you'd like to extend your stay. Airport arrival will be at 11 a.m., please be aware when booking your flights. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Boston with a Local Specialist Visit Woodstock, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory, Acadia National Park and Lexington Green and the Concord Minute Man National Historical Park North Bridge View Mount Washington Scenic Drive along the Mohawk Trail, Kancamagus Highway Dive Into Culture Visit Old Sturbridge Village, a living museum which recreates life in rural New England during the 1790s through 1830s. (Day 2) Watch craftsmen create the delicate glassware that has made Simon Pearce glassblowing workshop famous, delving into the art and science of glassblowing. (Day 3) Visit Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory, where you'll have an opportunity to learn about the company's history, a peek into the manufacturing process, and a Q&A in their flavor room with of course, a sample of one of their euphoric flavours. (Day 4) Visit Acadia National Park, the first National Park established East of the Mississippi. (Day 7) Make a stop at the iconic Portland Head (Nubble) Lighthouse, the oldest lighthouse in Maine. (Day 8) Weaving along the Freedom Trail, we delve into the rich history of the American Revolution. Stop at Lexington and Concord, the site where "the shot heard round the world" was fired.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans