Lyon to Lyon - Southern France and Rugby, 10 Days
The accommodationDay 1 Lyon
Bienvenue a Lyon where your tour starts with a two-night stay in this UNESCO World Heritage-listed city, located on the junction of the Rhone and the Saone Rivers. Lyon is recognised for its cuisine, gastronomy, historical and architectural landmarks. Experience lunch and the friendly warm atmosphere of a typical Lyonnese ''bouchon". Enjoy your afternoon at leisure to explore Lyon your way. INSIDER TIP: A must-visit for all food lovers is the Les Halles de Lyon Paul Bocuse Food MarketDay 2 Lyon
Explore the highlights of Lyon at your leisure. Our Tour Concierge can assist with planning your day in Lyon. Join your fellow rugby travellers to enjoy the exclusive Keith Prowse Pre-Match Event. This evening, travel by coach to Stade Geoffroy Guichard, Saint-Etienne for the game Australia v Fiji (Pool C). Match starts at 17:45. Return to your hotel in Lyon by coach transfer at the conclusion of the game.Day 3 Aix-En-Provence
After a late breakfast, continue to one of France's most elegant cities, Aix-en-Provence where you will spend the next two nights. Free time this afternoon in Aix-en-Provence. Enjoy an intimate four-course dinner at a local restaurant.Day 4 Aix-En-Provence
Take a guided walking tour of Aix-en-Provence, see the sights of the Old Town (Vieil Aix) and stroll down the graceful and lively Cours Mirabeau. Discover the flavours of Provence during a cooking demonstration and learn the tips to make the perfect provencial dish from a local chef, before you sit down to taste the creation, washed down with a glass of local wine.Day 5 Avignon via Arles
Today travel to Avignon via Arles and enjoy a relaxing 3-night stay. Explore Arles on a guided city tour including the Roman ruins of Les Arles, followed by a Van Gogh Walking Tour. Follow in the footsteps of Vincent van Gogh and visit several spots in the city where he painted some of his most famous creations including "Starry Night over the Rhone". Savour a three-course dinner at a local restaurant in AvignonDay 6 Avignon
Explore Avignon on a guided walking tour and stroll the cobbled streets of the city's sidewalk cafes and elegant squares with your local expert guide. Visit the Palace of the Popes, one of most important medieval Gothic building in Europe and the famous Pont d'avignon. Enjoy a game in the traditional French sport of petanque (bocce ball) and celebrate with a glass of pastis, a French aperitif.Day 7 Chateauneuf-Du-Pape
Travel to the verdant wine region Chateauneuf-du-Pape and enjoy wine tasting at two select wineries. Chateauneuf-du-Pape is widely recognised as the most influential appellation in Southern Rhone, France. Continue to Les Cave Saint Charles for lunch.Day 8 Lyon
Travel back to Lyon today after breakfast at your hotel. Enjoy Free afternoon in Lyon to explore more highlights. Savour a three-course dinner at a local restaurant in Lyon.Day 9 Lyon
Spend your day at leisure in Lyon. This evening join your fellow rugby travellers for the exclusive Keith Prowse Pre-Match Event transferred by coach to Parc OL, Lyon for the game, Wales v Australia. Match starts at 21:00. Return transfer back to your hotel at the conclusion of the game.Day 10 Lyon
Your memorable France tour ends in Lyon today after breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.