Lyon to Lyon - Lyon to Provence River Cruise Experience, 11 Days
The accommodationDay 1 Lyon
Bienvenue a Lyon where your tour starts with a two-night stay in this UNESCO World Heritage-listed city, located on the junction of the Rhone and the Saone Rivers. Lyon is recognised for its cuisine, gastronomy, historical and architectural landmarks. Experience lunch and the friendly warm atmosphere of a typical Lyonnese ''bouchon". Enjoy your afternoon at leisure to explore Lyon your way. INSIDER TIP: A must-visit for all food lovers is the Les Halles de Lyon Paul Bocuse Food MarketDay 2 Lyon
Explore the highlights of Lyon at your leisure. Our Tour Concierge can assist with planning your day in Lyon. Join your fellow rugby travellers to enjoy the exclusive Keith Prowse Pre-Match Event. This evening, travel by coach to Stade Geoffroy Guichard, Saint-Etienne for the game Australia v Fiji (Pool C). Match starts at 17:45. Return to your hotel in Lyon by coach transfer at the conclusion of the game.Day 3 Lyon
Enjoy a relaxing day in Lyon at your leisure. After the excitement of the last two days perhaps wander through the Parc de la Tete Park, Parc des Hauteurs or Parc de la Cerisaie or stroll along the banks of the Rhone taking in the city from a new perspective.Day 4 Lyon
Travel by high-speed train from Lyon to Avignon where you will board your 8-Day Provence River Cruise at 15:00. After boarding there is free time to explore this quaint town or join the "welcome walk" around the city.Day 5 Arles
Breakfast onboard, then take a guided walking tour of Arles and see the site of some impressive Roman ruins, including Les Arenes and the Church of Saint-Trophime. After the tour enjoy free time to explore Arles on your ownDay 6 Avignon to Vivers
This morning explore Avignon on a guided walk and stroll through the historic centre. See the picturesque Pont d'Avignon and the Place de l'Horloge. Continue onto the UNESCO listed medieval gothic Palais des Papes which once served as papal residence, fortress, church, and palace. Enjoy the afternoon at your leisure to explore Avignon or there is the option to join a tour to Chateauneuf-du-Pape, visiting the vineyards and tasting the famous wine. Lunch and dinner are served onboard your ship as you cruise to Viviers this evening.Day 7 Vivers to Tournon
This morning enjoy a walking tour of Viviers' Old Town, once a 5th-century Roman settlement and witness its medieval and Renaissance architecture. This afternoon, enjoy the riverscape as you set sail to Tournon.Day 8 Tournon to Vienne
After breakfast, board the Train de l'Ardeche for a ride through the deep gorges of the Ardeche plateau, cut by the Doux River. Return to your ship and enjoy lunch onboard as you cruise past dramatic landscapes to Vienne this afternoon. Upon arrival in Vienne explore the city on a walking tour visiting the Temple of Augustus and Livia, the Roman amphitheatre, and the Gothic Cathedral of St. Maurice. Remain docked in Vienne this evening.Day 9 Vienne to Lyon
After breakfast, disembark in Lyon for a tour of this UNESCO World Heritage Site and enjoy guided visit to the Basilica of Notre Dame and drive through town past the magnificent St. Jean Cathedral and the Palace of Justice. The ship will remain docked overnight in Lyon. You will be transferred by coach to Parc OL, Lyon for the game, Wales v Australia. Match starts at 21:00. Return transfer back to your ship at the conclusion of the game.Day 10 Lyon - Beaujolais
After breakfast, take a scenic drive through the rolling hills of Beaujolais, where viticultural tradition runs deep and enjoy a tasting in one of Beaujolais's famous cellars. Return to your ship for lunch and enjoy the rest of your day at leisure.Day 11 Provence
Your memorable river cruise ends after breakfast when you disembark your ship. Ask your Keith Prowse Travel Expert about extending your time in France with an exciting stay in Paris, one of the world's most romantic cities.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.