Enchanting Canadian Maritimes
From 11/06/2023 to 03/10/2023
1 Be My Guest.
1 Farewell Dinner.
1 Regional Dinner.
1 Welcome Reception.
First class travel Highlights.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
All transport and transfers shown.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Optional Experiences and free time.
Day 1 - Hello Halifax Learn the art of living the good life as you brace yourself for crisp sea breezes and hearty Nova Scotian hospitality in Halifax, your launch pad to an effortless discovery of Canada's Maritimes. Join your Travel Director and fellow travelers this evening for a Welcome Reception at your landmark Stays With Stories overlooking the famous Public Gardens.
Day 2 - Discover The Maritime History Of Halifax Enjoy a guided visit of the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. From small craft boatbuilding to World War Convoys, the Days of Sail to the Age of Steam, the Titanic to the Halifax Explosion, you'll discover the stories, events and people that have come to define Nova Scotia and its relationship with the sea. Then, join your Local Specialist for an exploration of Halifax's sights including the Citadel National Historic Site, built in the mid-18th century to defend the town from various enemies. Spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 3 - Hear The Legends Of Nova Scotia Explore the legends and traditions of the Mi'kmaq people during a visit to the Millbrook Cultural and Heritage Centre. Traverse the Canso Causeway to Cape Breton Island and arrive in the village of Baddeck. Later, get ready for a foot-stomping Ceilidh celebration this evening as you encounter first-hand the Celtic heritage of the region as you Dive into Culture with an evening of traditional music and songs.
Day 4 - Traverse The Cabot Trail Today, enjoy the dramatic coastal views and highland scenery offering an endless source of artistic inspiration as you wind through Cape Breton Highlands National Park. Unspoiled natural beauty and sweeping coastal vistas provide a mesmerising backdrop for our drive along the Cabot Trail. We keep an eye out for moose and bald eagle as we travel in search of whales in the Gulf of the St. Lawrence. Return to Baddeck later for some time at leisure.
Day 5 - Tease Your Taste Buds On Prince Edward Island This morning, we pay tribute to one of the world's most famous inventors at the Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site, then cross the Northumberland Strait to Prince Edward Island. Pass pastoral landscapes and gabled farmhouses en route to Charlottetown. Our Stays With Stories was built in 1931 and reflects such luxurious features as barrel-vaulted ceilings and a grand lobby. Tonight, enjoy a Regional Dinner at the PEI Preserve Company.
Day 6 - Uncover The History Of Prince Edward Island Join a Local Specialist for an exploration of the 'Cradle of Confederation' - its red beaches, waving beach grass and green pastures that inspired the beloved children's classic Anne of Green Gables. Take a step back in time as we visit the grounds of the historic Shaw's Hotel, a National Historic Site of Canada. When Grandfather Shaw opened his inn on the family's pioneer farm in 1860, he wanted to provide relaxing country lodging for visitors. Today (four generations later), the Shaw family continues to run the property. During your visit you will step back in time to a simpler way of life. Connect with Locals and meet your host, the current proprietor of the Inn, Robbie Shaw, before settling in for a Be My Guest lunch with influences from the land and sea, surrounded by the beauty of Brackley Bay.
Day 7 - Get Your Lobster Fix At Shediac Bay We travel to New Brunswick, crossing the Northumberland Strait via the engineering feat that is Confederation Bridge. Head to the waters of Shediac Bay, where we'll celebrate all things lobster with our Local Specialist. Get a closer look at Acadian culture while diving into the lobster industry, learning about old fishing techniques that helped shape the way of life of the region. Then, enjoy a delicious lunch of lobster served local style on board the boat (weather permitting). We journey south to the Bay of Fundy in search of the world's highest tides. Join another Local Specialist to visit the magnificently eroded Hopewell Rocks and enjoy a rare opportunity to walk on the ocean floor (tide permitting). Our overnight stop is in the port city of Saint John.
Day 8 - Uncover the History of Nova Scotia We leave the cliffs and coves of Saint John behind this morning to board a ferry to cross the Bay of Fundy to Digby. Stopping at Grand-Pr? National Historic Site, a UNESCO Heritage Site, we delve into the history of the Le Grand D?rangement, a tragic event in Acadian history that has shaped the vibrant culture of modern-day Acadians. Later, we'll Dive Into Culture with a tour and tasting at a winery in the LaHave River Valley, one of the earliest grape-growing territories in North America.
Day 9 - See The Fishing Heritage Of Lunenburg Join a Local Specialist who will reveal insights into the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Lunenburg. Delve into the rich fishing heritage of Nova Scotia when you visit the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic with a guide from the local fishing community, then see real Tall Ships. Enjoy a Farewell Dinner this evening.
Day 10 - Enjoy The Ocean Breeze At Peggy's Cove This morning, breathe in the fresh ocean air and share in the inspiration enjoyed by painters and photographers who visit Peggy's Cove on St. Margaret's Bay. We arrive back in Halifax and take our transfer to the Stanfield International Airport where our trip comes to an end or consider extending your stay in Halifax. Airport arrival will be at 12 p.m., please be aware when booking your flights. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Charlottetown, Lunenburg, Halifax with a Local Specialist led city tour Visit the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Halifax Citadel, Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site, Prince Edward Island, Green Gables Heritage Place, Hopewell Rocks, Grand-Pr? National Historic Site (UNESCO World Heritage Site), Peggy's Cove, Millbrook Cultural and Heritage Centre, Cape Breton Highlands National Park, Prince Edward Island National Park Cruise on Shediac Bay (weather dependent) Scenic Drive along The Cabot Trail Connect With Locals Connect with Locals over an exclusive Be My Guest lunch at the oldest tourist accommodations on Prince Edward Island, run by the Shaw family for four generations. Dive Into Culture Dive into Culture with a foot-stomping Ceilidh evening celebrating the Celtic heritage Dive Into Culture Visit a winery in one of North America's oldest grape-growing regions, the LaHave River Valley Stays With Stories Stay at the legendary Lord Nelson Hotel and Suites. Built in 1928, it is the most historic hotel in Halifax. The landmark hotel overlooks the famous Halifax Public Gardens. Stays With Stories Stay at the Rodd Charlottetown, a historic icon built in 1931. The hotel has luxurious features such as barrel-vaulted ceilings and a grand lobby.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans