Colourful Trails of the Southwest with Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta
From 22/09/2022 to 09/10/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
1 Welcome Reception.
2 Be My Guests.
First class travel Highlights.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
All transport and transfers shown.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Optional Experiences and free time.
Day 1 - Welcome to Phoenix and Scottsdale Sun-kissed Phoenix kickstarts your journey through America's stunning Southwest. You'll have the day on your own to recover from your travels, then meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception later this evening.
Day 2 - See The Red Rocks Of Sedona Your first stop today is in the artists' enclave of Sedona - surrounded by red-rock buttes, steep canyon walls and pine forests. You'll travel through Oak Creek Canyon next, with its rocky red cliffs, then venture to the UNESCO-listed Grand Canyon National Park, where a Local Specialist will share the canyon's many geological marvels. Tonight, you'll have an opportunity to overnight at one of the lodges inside the park.
Day 3 - Take In The Sights Of The Grand Canyon Don't miss an unforgettable experience: Rise early for an optional flightseeing over the Grand Canyon and then trace the scenic South Rim of the Grand Canyon along Desert View Drive. Visit the Desert View's Pueblo-style Watchtower offering views of the Grand Canyon, the Colorado River, and the Painted Desert. We'll all stop at Cameron Trading Post, founded in 1916 for Navajo and Hopi trading, to browse through handicrafts and perhaps sample traditional Native American fry bread. Take a walk to the rim of Glen Canyon to Horseshoe Bend Lookout point where the Colorado River has carved a horseshoe-shaped river meander on the sandstone canyon walls. This evening, join an optional experience for a bird's eye view from atop one of the desert Southwest's most fascinating features with a helicopter flight to the top of Tower Butte. Begin by flying eastward taking in views of Lake Powell, Glen Canyon Dam, and incredible Horseshoe Bend before ascending Tower Butte. Stand 5,000 feet above sea level and marvel at the 360-degree views as Glen Canyon, Lake Powell, Padre Bay, the Grand Staircase Escalante, and the LeChee Rock unfold before you.
Day 4 - Take A Scenic Drive To Canyonlands National Park Depart Page and drive through Navajo Tribal Lands to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, the largest reservation in the United States with over 17 million acres of land between Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico. Dive Into Culture as you board a 4x4 vehicle and navigate the iconic red valley landscape guided by a member of the Navajo Nation and Local Specialist. Pause and settle in surrounded by buttes and mesas in this sacred land for a Connect With Locals outdoor chicken and steak barbeque lunch prepared by a Navajo tribe member as they share stories about the Dineh (Navajo) people and their connection to Monument Valley. Then continue to Moab on a scenic drive from Monument Valley where your Travel Director will share intel on some of the sights you'll see along the way. Sit back and enjoy views of the San Juan River, Mexican Hat, Bluff, and the Abajo "Blue Mountain" and La Sal Mountains. Your time in Moab--the gateway city to Arches National Park, Canyonlands National park, and the Colorado River--kicks off with a hearty Be My Guest Dinner at Canyon Steak and Waffle. So much more than a place to refuel after a day of exploring, this is your chance to sit down and learn about local life through our host and restaurant owner Shawn Welch. Shawn shares her story and connection to the diner as you learn about growing up in Moab and how she's come to own and operate an authentic American diner.
Day 5 - Admire The Landscape Of Arches National Park This morning, discover how the forces of wind and rain have shaped the enchanting landscape of Arches National Park. Later, journey to Canyonlands National Park, consider a deeper exploration of the area with an optional guided hike to Delicate Arch.
Day 6 - Discover The History Of Mesa Verde We arrive in the UNESCO-listed Mesa Verde National Park to delve into the history and culture of the Ancestral Puebloan people. Explore their beautifully preserved sandstone dwellings. This evening, in Durango, your Stay With Story is historic Strater Hotel. You'll have the evening at leisure to explore the historic town of Durango.
Day 7 - Dive Into Durango Enjoy free time in Durango today. Perhaps, enjoy a truly unforgettable step back in time, on an optional ride aboard the coal-fired, steam-powered narrow-gauge train. The train chugs along rails that were originally laid at the end of the 19th century, winding through a spectacular wilderness which would be inaccessible by car. If you're feeling more adventurous, opt for a white water rafting trip on the Animas River.
Day 8 - Unlock The Legacy Of The Pueblo This morning's drive takes you through the towns of Pagosa Springs and Chama before arriving in Taos, where there will be time at Taos Plaza, a Historical Landmark. Then, meet a Taos Pueblo member who lives in the pueblo, to explore the only living Native American community designated both a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and a National Historic Landmark. The journey continues along the High Road, the Taos - Santa Fe Scenic Byway, rich in history, art and culture. Arrive at the hotel, ideally located two short blocks from Santa Fe's Historic Plaza.
Day 9 - Taste The Unique Culture Of Santa Fe Join your Local Specialist this morning on a guided tour of Santa Fe. Experience this city where Spanish, Native American and Old West influences all combine to form a city with its own exclusive culture and character. See many of the city's major sights before you have the rest of the day to pursue your own interests. Perhaps venture down the artistic hub of Canyon Road lined with galleries, visit some of the city's top museums, or shop for Native American art and handicraft. This evening enjoy a Be my Guest Farewell dinner hosted by Stephanie Ramirez at her Flamenco Cabaret. Enjoy a lively evening celebrating Santa Fe's Spanish heritage with music, dancing and great food. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) with your visit, as Stephanie runs a Non-profit organization Entre Flamencos that teaches the art of Flamenco to disadvantaged children in her community.
Day 10 - Revel At The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta You're in for a wild time at Albuquerque's Balloon Fiesta. Explore Old Town Albuquerque after your arrival before venturing to the Chasers' Club this evening to view the mesmerizing Balloon Glow.
Day 11 - Depart Albuquerque Gaze upwards as hundreds of colourful balloons take to the sky. Then, transfer to Albuquerque International airport or consider extending your stay at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown. Airport arrival will be at 11:00 a.m, please be aware when booking your flights. Sightseeing Highlights Explore the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Taos Pueblo and Santa Fe with a Local Specialist Visit Scottsdale, Grand Canyon National Park, Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, Arches National Park, Moab, Durango, Taos and Santa Fe Scenic Drive through Sedona's Red Rock Country, Oak Creek Canyon, Grand Canyon National Park's Desert Scenic Drive, Monument Valley Tribal Park, Trail of the Ancients National Scenic Byway and the High Road Scenic Byway from Taos to Santa Fe Connect with Locals Enjoy an outdoor BBQ cookout prepared by a Navajo surrounded by buttes and mesas in their sacred lands at the Monument Valley Tribal Park.Enjoy Spanish culinary and a passionate performance of music and dance celebrating the Spanish heritage of Santa Fe.Enjoy a hosted BMG dinner at Canyon Steak and Waffle hosted by Shawn Welch. She worked as a server for many years before purchasing her own old-style diner. Dive Into Culture Board a 4x4 vehicle and navigate the iconic red valley landscape guided by a member of the Navajo Nation and Local Specialist. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Stephanie runs a Non-profit organization Entre Flamencos that teaches the art of Flamenco to disadvantaged children in her community. Stays With Stories Stay at The Strater Hotel, adorned with beautiful handcrafted woodwork, housing the largest collection of American Victorian walnut antiques. It's Durango's Historic Landmark Hotel, showcasing stories of the old west and mining times.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans