Wonders of the Canadian Rockies
From 24/04/2023 to 11/10/2023
1 Iconic Breakfast.
First class travel Highlights.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Audio Headsets provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
City orientation tours.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries.
Many meals included.
Variety of Optional Experiences.
Victoria Ferry across to Victoria from the coast of British Columbia and from Victoria to Vancouver.
Day 1 - Arrive Calgary Welcome to big hearted, fun loving Calgary! A beautiful city packed with trendy restaurants, a lively nightlife scene and all the honky tonk fun you could ever want, Calgary is best known for hosting the annual Calgary Stampede, which happens every July. After settling in to your hotel you'll meet up with your Travel Director this afternoon, then head out to discover the city for yourself. Need a good coffee to wake yourself up after a long flight? Then the neighbourhoods of Inglewood and Kensington should be high on your agenda.
Day 2 - Calgary - Banff (2 Nights) After one final orientation tour of Calgary, you'll be hitting the road this morning in the direction of Banff. The journey is part of the adventure so enjoy watching the changing landscape from the comfort of your seat as the craggy, snow-capped peaks of the Rockies come into view. Banff is famed for its world class national parks, glassy emerald green lakes and dramatic vistas, a taste of which you'll be getting on a sightseeing tour that will take you along Tunnel Mountain Drive, spotting sights such as Cascade Mountain, Mt. Rundle, Bow Falls, and the surreal, nature beaten hoodoos rock formations, which have formed their bizarre twisted shapes over years of erosion from water and wind.
Day 3 - Banff Free Time Waking up today we hope you're full of energy, as the vast natural playground outside of your front door isn't going to explore itself. Venture into the stunning wilderness of Banff National Park, or better still you could take advantage of our enticing range of Optionals to truly unlock this region in real Costsaver style. A variety of helicopter flights to see you soaring over sights including the Three Sisters Peak, the Sundance Ranges and the Gloria and Assiniboine Glaciers. Or perhaps you'd prefer to catch the gondola to the very top of Sulphur Mountain for a bird's eye view of six mountain ranges within the Rockies, spotting glorious Lake Louise and Moraine Lake in the distance. Enjoy golf with a view at Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course, join to the Plain of Six Glaciers hike, or head to Via Ferrata ("iron road") for a heart-pumping blend of hiking and rock climbing. If you're seeking a more "kick back and relax" activity, join a Bow River gentle float trip or pair with the Sundance Loop Ride through marshes and pools of bubbling thermal water--eyes peeled for wildlife along the way. However you choose to explore today, one thing's for sure: Banff will be an experience you'll never forget.
Day 4 - Banff - Icefields Parkway - Jasper (2 Nights) The magnificent Icefields Parkway awaits you today, a striking 232km stretch of road that cuts straight through the backbone of the Rockies, serving up ancient glaciers, mountain lakes and broad sweeping valleys en route. Make your way up to stop at the 'Jewel of the Rockies', the vibrant turquoise Lake Louise, before heading on to explore the Columbia Icefield which covers an area of over 200 square miles and is as deep as 1000 feet in parts. Here, you'll ride the giant Ice Explorer across the Athabasca Glacier before trekking across the massive marvel of nature and filling your water bottle with fresh glacial water. After this unforgettable experience, head to unpretentious, heart-warming Jasper, which sits at the heart of one off the most beautiful, protected wildernesses in the world for a relaxing evening on your own or a three-course dinner followed by a 2-hour twilight wildlife tour & interpretive "Horns and Antlers" talk at Beckers Chalets set along the beautiful Athabasca River.
Day 5 - Jasper National Park Free Time Today promises to be action packed! Stepping outside and smelling the fresh mountain air, let the prospect of a day exploring stunning Jasper bring a smile to your face. As the largest national park in the Canadian Rockies your options are limitless, and as always we've also got a range of exciting Optional Experiences on hand to help personalise your experience. Perhaps you'll choose a gentle float trip down the Athabasca River^, which provides ample wildlife spotting opportunities, or maybe a guided walk on the "Path of the Glaciers" as you make your way to the emerald green "Lake of Forgiveness". Have your heart set on exploring beautiful Maligne Lake? Then a boat cruise around the largest glacially fed lake in the Canadian Rockies has your name all over it.
Day 6 - Jasper - Sun Peaks Heading out of Jasper today you'll continue your journey through Jasper National Park, passing towering pine forests, surging rivers, vast waterfalls and alpine meadows on the way. The crowning glory of your journey will undoubtedly be catching your first glimpse of Mount Robson, the most prominent mountain in the North American Rockies and the highest point in the Canadian range. You'll then finish your journey in Sun Peaks.
Day 7 - Sun Peaks - Victoria (2 Nights) Today you will drive to the coast where you will board a ferry bound for Vancouver Island. After docking at Swartz Bay and making the short drive into Victoria, you'll no doubt be struck by the English influence of the city. An introductory sightseeing tour will take you along the waterfront district and into the downtown area, passing the Parliament Buildings, Government Street and through Beacon Hill Park so you can really get your bearings. Keen to explore even further? Victoria has more cycle routes than any other Canadian city, so the best way to get around is undoubtedly on two wheels.
Day 8 - Victoria Free Time Breakfast this morning is a real treat: you'll head to the world famous Butchart Gardens in the Blue Poppy Restaurant where, surrounded by beautiful blossoms and blooms, you'll eat a fresh, seasonal breakfast with sunlight pouring in from the vast skylights above. We want to roll out the red carpet for you: You'll have a chance to visit the gardens on your own, before the gates are opened to the regular visitors. Feeling full, the rest of the day is yours to explore Victoria whichever way you please. Taste all Victoria has to offer in a guided food and history tour of Chinatown or sweeping views of the Olympic Mountains, the Strait of Juan de Fuca, James and Sydney Islands, and the Saanich Peninsula in the Victoria Panorama tour.
Day 9 - Victoria - Vancouver The outdoorsy, trendy city of Vancouver awaits today, which you'll reach by ferry. Regarded as one of the world's most naturally beautiful cities, Vancouver is framed by dramatic vistas on all sides, and is the kind of place where, given its proximity to nature, you can ski in the morning and swim in the ocean in the afternoon! You'll kick off your stay here with a sightseeing tour of historic Gastown, vibrant Chinatown and the green jewel in the city's crown, the much-loved Stanley Park. With the rest of the day to explore Vancouver your way, you could choose our Capilano Suspension Bridge Optional, which at 70 meters above the Capilano River will really test your head for heights, or pop on your trainers and take to the streets and explore Vancouver's diverse culinary scene which boasts some of the best Asian cuisine in North America. This evening, why not join an optional Farewell Dinner in the Gasworks neighborhood's Steamworks brewery--their unique pours are the perfect way to celebrate your adventure.
Day 10 - Depart Vancouver After one final wander round lovely Vancouver, your trip will come to an end today. No doubt leaving with happy memories of warm Canadian hospitality, glorious glacier fed lakes and a new-found love for poutine, you'll make your way to the airport and bid a fond Canadian farewell. Sightseeing Highlights Banff View stunning hoodoos and waterfalls in this UNESCO listed World Heritage Site Icefields Parkway Discover the Columbia Icefield and board a giant Ice Explorer across the expanse of the Athabasca Glacier Lake Louise Admire soaring mountain peaks, majestic Victoria Glacier and the glistening waters of the lake Vancouver See Gastown, Chinatown, Stanley Park and Prospect Point Victoria Ferry across to Victoria from the coast of British Columbia and from Victoria to Vancouver Victoria Embark on an introductory sightseeing tour of the city Victoria Iconic Breakfast at world-famous Butchart Gardens in the Blue Poppy Restaurant where light pours in through skylights and large windows face the gardens
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans