Essence of Eastern Canada End Montreal
From 13/08/2022 to 01/10/2022
1 Iconic Breakfast.
First class travel Highlights.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Audio Headsets provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
City orientation tours.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries.
Many meals included.
Variety of Optional Experiences.
Day 1 - Arrive Toronto (2 Nights) Welcome to the world's most multiculturally diverse city, Toronto. Known to locals as the 'Six', Canada's hipster enclave and largest city is all about unique neighbourhoods, fusion food, fascinating museums, vintage shopping and a healthy obsession with all things hockey. At the centre of it all is the city's icon, the CN Tower, its 1814 feet (553 m) spire dominating the landscape. After settling in to your hotel, you can wander around the district's open-air markets which will no doubt get tummies rumbling. For dinner why not head to near-by Kensington Market, arguably the most diverse of all the city's neighbourhoods where the idea of fusion food is taken to all new heights.
Day 2 - Niagara Falls Excursion Pack your sense of adventure this morning as you're off to visit Niagara Falls! The biggest (and loudest) falls in North America, an incredible 750,000 gallons (2,850,000 l) of water thunder into the gorge below every second, creating a natural phenomenon many have dubbed the 8th Wonder of the World. We'll be getting you up close and personal on a cruise to Horseshoe Falls, allowing you to see both the Canadian and American sides. Remember that raincoat? Now's the time to use it. Back in Toronto later, the rest of the day is yours to do as you please. Maybe head to Queen West to explore the neighbourhood's impressive collection of art galleries and design studios, or take advantage of our CN Tower Optional Experience to test your head for heights.
Day 3 - Toronto - Kingston - Ottawa (2 Nights) Leaving Toronto behind this morning, kick back and enjoy the gorgeous drive alongside Lake Ontario, one of the five Great Lakes of North America, as you make your way to Kingston. Known as the 'Limestone City' thanks to its grand 19th century buildings built from its namesake limestone, it's no wonder this gorgeous city was (briefly) the site of the Canadian capital. Get your bearings and then wake up your taste buds at Campbell's Orchard in Prince Edward County today for a farm tour and a cider tasting. This cider is made from a blend of apples picked from the trees of the Campbell's Orchard and produced right on site, fermented using traditional methods. Next, take to the water and opt for a Thousand Islands cruise, or spend the day exploring the quaint city your way. The day isn't over yet and our next destination awaits, north of the Ottawa River in Ottawa's neighbor charming Gatineau. New Optional Thousand Islands Cruise: If you've ever dreamt of escaping to live on a gorgeous remote island, this cruise will show you the way. Hop on board to explore the over 1,800 islands dotting the St. Lawrence River, many of which are home to elaborate mansions, fairytale castles, lighthouses and a realm of wildlife. Don't forget your camera!
Day 4 - Ottawa Sightseeing and Free Time Start your morning in Ottawa with a sightseeing tour of the city's icons: Sussex Drive, Royal Canadian Mint, National Art Gallery, Supreme Court of Canada, War Memorial, National Art Center; War Museum and National Archives and Library, the stunning Notre Dame Cathedral Basilica (the oldest church in Ottawa), and even a stop outside the home of the Canadian Prime Minister and Governor General's Homes (Be sure to wave hello!). After your orientation, head to Byward Market's vibrant outdoor/indoor market open for a quick bite and free time. Your afternoon is your choice of activities. As an option, experience culture with an authentic Pow-wow dance performance with music by First Nations members at the Museum of History. In a fascinating interactive beading workshop, you'll learn about the Storyboot Project, a partnership between Manitoba Mukluks and our TreadRight Foundation--a fun and feel-good way to support the revival of these traditional arts. Or, explore Ottawa's neighbourhood food markets, discover local produce and dishes, and meet area chefs and food artisans on a food walking tour. Optional C'est Bon food walking tour copy: One of the best ways to learn about a city is to explore its neighbourhood food markets, discover local produce and dishes, and meet area chefs and food artisans. This gourmet walking tour is an ideal introduction to the national capital region's vibrant food scene. Meet the bright lights and find the hidden treasures with the help of expert and insightful guides at five different restaurants. Come taste Ottawa with us!
Day 5 - Ottawa - Qu?bec City (2 Nights) Ready for some romance? We've got good news - timeless, elegant Qu?bec City is up next. Exuding class, grandeur and a distinctly European feel, Qu?bec City is almost a country within a country; 95% of the population speak French, and around 75% are native Francophiles. Arriving here, we'll be listening out for the collective sighs of appreciation as you set eyes on the narrow cobblestone streets and pretty parks for the first time. This afternoon, why not continue your Qu?bec love affair with our Optional Experience that will get you out of town to admire the towering Montmorency Falls. Standing at 83 metres these falls are actually higher than Niagara Falls, forming the mouth of the Montmorency River. Travelling back to Qu?bec City, you'll then be treated to a 3-course dinner in the historic district of Vieux-Qu?bec, tucking in to a menu of freshly sourced, organic ingredients.
Day 6 - Qu?bec City Sightseeing and Free Time After no doubt grabbing a taste of France with a croissant and coffee, you'll be heading out to join a Local Specialist this morning for a tour of the UNESCO World Heritage listed Old Town. Checking out sites including The Citadel, the historically significant Plains of Abraham, and the famous turrets of the Chateau Frontenac, the world's most photographed hotel, prepare to fall even more in love with this city. This afternoon, why not continue your Qu?bec adventure with our Optional Experience.
Day 7 - Qu?bec City - Montr?al Get ready for Montreal sightseeing! We hope you're hungry this morning as for breakfast you'll be heading to the iconic Erabliere le Chemin du Roy, a traditional Cabane ? Sucre (sugar shack) to learn how maple syrup, one of Canada's most famous exports, is made. You'll then make the short drive to Montreal, Canada's cultural capital where festivals, art, and a certain joie de vivre are all part of the daily make up. On arrival you'll meet up with a Local Specialist for a city tour of the UNESCO designated 'City of Design', admiring how old European style architecture sits naturally beside beautiful contemporary masterpieces in this popular destination city. This afternoon choose Montreal your way. You could choose a hands-on activity: learn the art of bagel making or get the adrenaline pumping with some curling or explore the city on your own. This evening with free time to explore, you could head out for dinner with the group or take your pick of one of the cute terraced restaurants along the river. North Montreal is full of hip neighborhoods, beautiful parks, hidden alleyways, and vibrant street art. On this tour, visit the diverse Plateau, artsy Mile-End, leafy Outremont, traditional Little Italy, and edgy Mile-Ex districts. Discover Montreal off the beaten path as we ride parks, quiet streets, and laneways and get a big dose of the local lifestyle. Learn about Montrealers like Leonard Cohen & Arcade Fire and see how cultural communities bridge the French/English linguistic divide.
Day 8 - Depart Montr?al And just like that, you've experienced the very best of Eastern Canada. From Toronto's trendy microbreweries to Qu?bec City's timeless romance, you'll be finishing your trip this morning with happy memories, and no doubt a longing to see what the rest of Canada has in store. Today, you have the choice to fly directly out of Montr?al, or continue on if you have booked on an extension cruise. Sightseeing Highlights Montreal Embark on a tour of the city with a Local Specialist Niagara Falls Witness the majestic American and Canadian sides of the falls aboard a cruise Ottawa Enjoy a sightseeing tour of some of the city's most famous sights Prince Edward County Visit Campbell's Orchard in Prince Edward County for a farm tour and a cider tasting. Quebec City Iconic Breakfast at a traditional Cabane a Sucre (Sugar Shack) where you'll learn how maple syrup is harvested and turned into various other maple products Quebec Explore Old Quebec with a Local Specialist Toronto Orientation tour
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 07 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans