Tastes and Sounds of the South
From 06/01/2023 to 17/12/2023
1 Be My Guest.
1 Farewell Dinner.
1 Welcome Reception.
2 Regional Dinners.
Day 1 - Howdy Nashville The beating heart of America's Music City will chart your pace as you prepare to embark on a leisurely pilgrimage to discover the tastes and sounds of the South. This evening, join your Travel Director and fellow travelers for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - Hear The Rhythm Of Nashville The famous Nashville Sound comes alive this morning as RCA Studio B reveals the legends of Elvis Presley, Jim Reeves and Roy Orbison. Dive Into Culture and gain insights into the life and music of Johnny Cash during a private performance of original Cash tunes with one of Johnny's family members. Our acoustic journey continues with a visit to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum to see Elvis' Solid Gold Cadillac limousine and Jim Reeves' tuxedo jacket. Then, you will have the opportunity to watch the Grand Ole Opry.
Day 3 - Discover The History Of The Nashville Sound Continue our discovery of Nashville on a Your Choice sightseeing experience, exploring either the Johnny Cash Museum or the Ryman Auditorium. With an afternoon on your own, amble through Broadway's honky-tonk scene or perhaps enjoy the gut-busting flavours of homegrown hot chicken or biscuits.
Day 4 - Sway To The Blues Of Memphis Head to Memphis' famous Beale Street, the birthplace of Blues, Soul, and Rock 'n' Roll, for a tour where we'll meet a musician and Local Specialist to learn about the musical heritage of Memphis. Continue your Memphis sightseeing with a visit to the Lorraine Motel where civil rights activist Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was tragically assassinated and one of the most significant locations of the Civil Rights Movement. Then explore one of the most significant sites in town and one of the premier heritage and cultural museums, the National Civil Rights Museum. "Walk through history" in interactive exhibits that show how the heroes and lessons from the civil rights movement continue to impact equality all over the world. Enjoy a Regional Dinner of Southern cuisine this evening, capping off your tour of Memphis, past and present.
Day 5 - Visit The Home Of The King Worship at the altar of the King, Elvis Presley, and head to Graceland, paying tribute to the man who changed the face of American popular music and culture. Then, pay a visit to Sun Studios, which sought to immortalize the raw energy of Beale Street, recording the first Rock 'n' Roll single in 1951. This evening is free.
Day 6 - Taste Southern Charm In Natchez Kick off the day's sightseeing with a musical morning at the Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum exploring the blues, country, and gospel of the rural South before leaving for Natchez, Mississippi. Follow the path of the famous Natchez Trace scenic road, originally established as a footpath by Native Americans and later used by explorers, traders and travelers. You'll arrive in Natchez on the banks of the Mississippi, surrounded by the antebellum homes. The best way to experience Natchez is with a taste of Southern hospitality and you'll experience all this and more at tonight's memorable Be My Guest experience at one of the region's beautiful historic, private homes for a meal. Connect With Locals as hosts who have lived in the area for generations open their doors and share their stories as you enjoy backyard cocktails like Planter's Punch paired with elevated Southern fare.
Day 7 - Sample The Flavours Of New Orleans Today your travels take you deeper into an important part of Southern history. On this morning's visit to a working cotton plantation, Frogmore Plantation and Gins, learn about Natchez planters and slavery in the South. Tour the property boasting 19 restored antebellum structures and equipment dating from the early 1800's including a Smithsonian quality steam gin listed on the National Register. You'll learn how cotton was made and most importantly gain a better understanding of slavery in the South. Your tour brings you back into the present with a stop at its currently operating 900 bales-per-day cotton gin. Next up: The Big Easy, where we will be stopping for the evening.
Day 8 - Venture Into New Orleans Let the good times roll in New Orleans today, tracing the cosmopolitan history of one of America's oldest cities with a Local Specialist, stopping at City Park and one of the ornate above-ground cemeteries. Spend the afternoon soaking up the laid-back vibes of The Big Easy. The afternoon is yours to explore on your own.
Day 9 - Entice Your Senses In New Orleans Today is yours to explore the French, Spanish and Creole sights and sounds of New Orleans. If you're feeling adventurous, visit Marie Laveau's Historic Voodoo Museum. This evening, join your Travel Director and new friends for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 10 - Until Next Time New Orleans For now, it's 'Au Revoir' New Orleans, but not 'Adieu'. Take a transfer to New Orleans International Airport or extend your stay in New Orleans at the Sheraton New Orleans. Sightseeing Highlights Discover Nashville Explore Memphis and New Orleans Visit Graceland, Frogmore Plantation, Rock 'n' Soul Museum, Studio B, Sun Studio, Country Music Hall of Fame Connect With Locals Join a pianist and a chef for an evening of true southern hospitality and an opportunity to explore the sights and sounds of two beautiful Natchez homes. Dive Into Culture Delve into the life and foot-tapping tunes of Johnny Cash with members of his family
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 December 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans