Coastal California and Big Sur
From 18/03/2023 to 17/12/2023
1 Be My Guest.
1 Farewell Dinner.
1 Regional Dinner.
1 Welcome Reception.
First class travel Highlights.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
All transport and transfers shown.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Optional Experiences and free time.
Day 1 - Good Day San Francisco The City by the Bay greets you today. You'll have the day to ease into its laidback, friendly vibe before joining your Travel Director and fellow travelers for a Welcome Reception this evening.
Day 2 - Promenade Through San Francisco See the highlights of one of America's favorite cities including: Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, Union Square and The Presidio. A free afternoon to explore everything that San Francisco has to offer. Perhaps opt to take a walk across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge followed by a visit to trendy Sausalito or maybe hop on a bay cruise circling around famous Alcatraz Island. The evening is free to take in the city's diverse dining scene. Or maybe join the optional Chinatown Walking Tour, dinner at a Chinatown restaurant, cable car ride, and evening Illuminations tour.
Day 3 - Take A Scenic Drive To Monterey Travel Pacific Coast Highway past the resort town of Half Moon Bay before arriving at Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park featuring a 40-acre grove of towering old-growth redwood trees. This afternoon enjoy a lunch treat that is pure California. In-n-Out Burger was founded back in 1947 and was California's first drive-thru hamburger stand. Enjoy their iconic double-double burger with fries and a milk shake. Get educated about organic produce during a private farm tour in Salinas Valley, considered "the Salad Bowl of the World", before arriving in Monterey.
Day 4 - Traverse Through Scenic Pacific Grove This morning we enjoy perhaps the world's most scenic 17-Mile Drive through Pacific Grove on the Monterey Peninsula. Hug the Pacific Coastline with views of famous Spyglass Hill and Cypress Point golf courses, and we will make a stop at Pebble Beach Golf Links. Get your cameras ready for a shot of the Lone Cypress, the iconic symbol of 17-mile drive. Visit Mission Carmel which is the 2nd of California's 21 Spanish Missions which dates back to 1797. Enjoy some time in quaint Carmel-By-The-Sea, a town of 4,000 with a rich arts history. Clint Eastwood served as the town's Mayor after being elected in 1986. The afternoon is free to explore popular Cannery Row. Perhaps wander over to the Monterey Bay Aquarium or opt to take a whale watching excursion on Monterey Bay. Covering an entire 3 1/2 city blocks, thousands of people flock to the weekly market featuring produce from all over Central California, arts and crafts, dozens of international food vendors, and a lineup of live music.
Day 5 - Unwind With Wine In Paso Robles Today features America's most unforgettable drive, 90 miles of Pacific Coast Highway 1 between Carmel and San Simeon. Travel through Big Sur passing over the famous Bixby Bridge and admire the towering mountains on one side of PCH and the crashing Pacific Ocean on the other. This afternoon join a local expert for a walking tour of Hearst Castle, the grandiose vision of publishing tycoon William Randolph Hearst. The massive home features 121 total rooms scattered over 90,000 square feet and is designated as National Historic Landmark. Later today arrive into Paso Robles where laid-back cowboy-country meets one of the country's best wine regions. This evening head towards the town's historic square for a regional dinner with wine.
Day 6 - Savour The Unique Taste Of Paso Robles This morning link up with a Paso Robles resident and Local Specialist for a walking tour of the historic downtown corridor. Learn about the city's connection to their thermal hot springs, the almond industry that once dominated the city, and why its quaint city square was chosen as the backdrop for a Christmas Hallmark movie. Next, join the mother-daughter duo of Karen and Jennifer Talent at the Groves on 41 Olive Oil Ranch where they host a Be My Guest feast featuring their award-winning olive oil in the different lunch dishes, even the ice cream! This afternoon visit a Paso Robles winery. After the sun sets visit Sensorio Light Field featuring 58,000 optic lights on a 15-acre field. Publications all over the USA are already declaring the experience as a Bucket List item that has to be seen to believe. (Subject to availability).
Day 7 - Sink Your Toes Into Santa Barbara Before Hitting Los Angeles Travel to Los Angeles and arrive into the affluent beachside town of Santa Barbara, often referred to as the "American Riviera". There will be plenty of time to wander trendy State Street. Considered the heart of Santa Barbara, the area is known for its great shopping, top-notch restaurants and incredible architecture. This afternoon arrive into world-famous Beverly Hills - the playground of the rich and famous, home to some of the world's priciest real estate, and the epitome of American luxury.
Day 8 - Tour Tinsel Town This morning join a Local Expert for a walking tour of one of the most famous streets on the planet, Rodeo Drive, as they share the secrets and stories behind some of the most expensive stores in the world. Visit Hollywood's Walk of Fame, the epicenter of America's movie industry, before hitting the handprints at Grauman's Theatre and the iconic Hollywood Sign. Snap a few pics before finishing off your day in Los Angeles with a Your Choice Sightseeing of museums. Visit the car collections at the Peterson Automotive Museum, boasting one of the largest vintage car collections in the world. You'll awe over the array of over 100 classic cars, trucks, and motorcycles displayed over three floors and 25 galleries--including famous vehicles from Back to The Future and Bladerunner! Or, art aficionados will want to head to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the largest art museum in the western United States with a collection of more than 142,000 objects showcasing 6,000 years of artistic expression across the globe from new and unexpected points of view. This evening join your fellow travelers for a celebratory Farewell Dinner at a local restaurant reflecting on all you've seen on California's beautiful coast.
Day 9 - Voyage To Venice Beach And Santa Monica Catch up with a Local Specialist for a walking tour of Venice Beach including the boardwalk, Muscle Beach, and the city's unique canal system. Enjoy lunch on your own in popular Santa Monica before transferring to Los Angeles International Airport. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Salinas Farm, Hearst Castle, Paso Robles, Rodeo Drive and Venice Beach with a Local Specialist Visit San Francisco, Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park, Monterey, Pebble Beach, Carmel Mission, Big Sur, Hearst Castle, Paso Robles, Sensorio Light Field, Santa Barbara, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Venice Beach, and Santa Monica See Half Moon Bay, Big Sur, Santa Ynez Valley Connect With Locals Join mother and daughter owners of the Groves on 41 Olive Oil Ranch for a Be My Guest Lunch paired with local Paso Robles wines.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans