Jewels of the Bay
From 02/01/2022 to 29/03/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jan Sun 02 2022 to Jan Tue 04 2022Sold OutFrom$1,286*
Jan Sun 09 2022 to Jan Tue 11 2022Sold OutFrom$1,286*
Jan Sun 16 2022 to Jan Tue 18 2022availableFrom$1,286*
Jan Sun 23 2022 to Jan Tue 25 2022availableFrom$1,286*
Jan Sun 30 2022 to Feb Tue 01 2022availableFrom$1,286*
Feb Sun 06 2022 to Feb Tue 08 2022Sold OutFrom$1,286*
Feb Sun 13 2022 to Feb Tue 15 2022availableFrom$1,286*
Feb Sun 20 2022 to Feb Tue 22 2022availableFrom$1,286*
Feb Sun 27 2022 to Mar Tue 01 2022availableFrom$1,286*
Mar Sun 06 2022 to Mar Tue 08 2022availableFrom$1,286*
Mar Sun 13 2022 to Mar Tue 15 2022availableFrom$1,286*
Mar Sun 20 2022 to Mar Tue 22 2022availableFrom$1,286*
Mar Sun 27 2022 to Mar Tue 29 2022Sold OutFrom$1,286*
Explore the Waitangi Treaty Grounds in the Bay of Islands with a Local SpecialistView lush farmland scenery of Northland and marine life in Bay of IslandsMAKE TRAVEL MATTER® The guardians of the Waitangi Natural Trust, preserve, protect and present treasures in the Trust's care.
1 Welcome Reception2 BreakfastsAll land transport shown.
All transfers shownAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverBreakfast daily and up to half of your evening mealsCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Must-see sightseeing and surprise extrasOptional Experiences and free time.
Day 1 - Begin your short and sweet New Zealand island adventure travelling north from Auckland over the Harbour Bridge continuing through Northland's lush farmland of green and blue hills before arriving in the beautiful Bay of Islands, 144 islands dotting the bay with golden beaches. On arrival you'll start the trip discovering the stories, people, and events that shaped Aotearoa New Zealand at the Waitangi Treaty Grounds. You'll be enlightened by a Local Specialist, who will bring to life the world's largest ceremonial war canoe, the 'whaka,' the historic Treaty House, and carved Meeting House. Stand where the Treaty of Waitangi was signed in 1840 and visit the Carving Studio to meet the carvers and learn about the M?ori art of whakairo (wood carving). Then there's time to explore Te K?ngahu Museum of Waitangi, a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience through stewardship of the Waitangi National Trust. Whether you're from near or far, this in-depth experience will give an appreciation for the stories that have shaped New Zealand at the very spot it was founded. Stay overnight in the jewel of the Bay of Islands, renowned for its secluded bays, warm weather, and buzzing caf? culture. This evening, get to know your Travel Director and group over a Welcome Reception, where seafood plucked straight from the ocean is the star of the show, washed down with delicious New Zealand wine.
Day 2 - Today is all about exploring the enchanting beauty of the Bay of Islands from its signature golden sands, water, and vibrant green hillsides and there are plenty of options to show off all its angles. You could choose an Optional Hole in the Rock boat ride to Cape Brett to see New Zealand's largest sea cave. Cruising through the turquoise waters passing beaches and secluded bays, keep your eyes peeled for dolphins, seals, and penguins in this pristine tropical setting. Wine lovers could learn more about the local drop, savouring the bold flavours of the region's full-bodied reds while embarking on a memorable Bay of Islands wine tasting tour to organic Ake Ake Vineyard and the award-winning Marsden Estate. After yesterday's cultural immersion, you could take it even further with a Russell Mini Tour to learn about the area's historical significanc. Take a walk back in time to discover its wild ways as a port town with evidence of its colourful heritage in the historic buildings. After an action-packed day, head to one of the restaurants along the waterfront and raise a glass while watching the sun set on another glorious day in 'The Bay'.
Day 3 - There's no need to rush this morning as you get your final fix of paradise before returning to Auckland. Take a stroll on the beach to set the right tone for your day and enjoy a leisurely coffee, watching this serene seaside haven come to life. Our scenic journey south stops in Whangarei, the northernmost city in New Zealand, where there's time to admire local art and stroll along the marina in the Town Basin. Learn about the stories and legends of the people of the land, their special connection to nature, and how they once ruled Aotearoa, the land of the long white cloud. Later, enjoy a drive through the Rodney District before arriving in Auckland where your memorable encounter with New Zealand's Bay of Islands comes to an end.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 September 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 22 September 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans