Naturally New Zealand, 14 Days
Only on 25 September 2022 (other dates available at alternative prices)
14 day tour departing Queenstown.
13 nights accommodation in Hotels.
Breakfast daily, 2 Lunches and 5 Dinners.
Services of a Tour Director.
Transport by coach and train.
WAS $7699*, NOW $6929*, SAVE $770*.
Day 1 Arrive in Queenstown. Welcome to the "Adventure Capital of the World"! Please meet your Tour Director at your leisure in the hotel lobby from 2.00pm - 5.30pm to complete the tour check-in process. Later, join your Tour Director and travelling companions for a welcome meeting and drink featuring local New Zealand wines.
Day 2 Queenstown, Excursion to Glenorchy. GLENORCHY See the scenic locations from the Lord of the Rings trilogy, learn about Maori history, and enjoy morning tea. Explore the Mount Alfred Walking Track with a picnic lunch. QUEENSTOWN Remainder of the day at leisure. ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Queenstown with a ride on the Skyline Gondola, a scenic helicopter flight, or a fun bicycle tour through some of the region's magnificent scenery. These and many more options throughout your tour are available with MyAccount. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.
Day 3 Queenstown to Milford Sound. Travel through lush rainforest to the West Coast. MILFORD SOUND (Local Favourite) Cruise in this famous sound (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) to view stunning waterfalls, dramatic cliffs, and the chance to see New Zealand fur seals, dolphins, and Fiordland-crested penguins; special dinner onboard featuring local food and wine and perhaps share in some stargazing. Accommodation Spotlight: Spend the evening on the Milford Mariner and wake up in one of the most beautiful places on earth. The cruise is relaxing, allowing plenty of time to take in the fiord's spectacular scenery and wildlife. The ship features spacious viewing decks, a dining room, bar, observation lounge and all cabins feature private ensuites. It's the ultimate Milford Sound experience! NOTE: A carry-on bag is recommended for the overnight on the Milford Mariner. Make sure to pack non-slip walking shoes/boots, waterproof jacket, warm sweater or jacket, change of clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repellent, swimwear, camera, and cash/credit cards for the bar and snacks.
Day 4 Milford Sound to Wanaka. MILFORD SOUND Morning cruise on the famous sound; sightseeing. WANAKA Tour and tasting at Cardrona Distillery. Remainder of the day at leisure in this resort town.
Day 5 Wanaka to Haast Pass to Franz Josef. WANAKA (Local Favourite) Visit a working deer farm in the New Zealand high country including morning tea. HAAST PASS Explore the area on the Kahikatea Swamp Forest Walk. FRANZ JOSEF Spend the next two nights at the foot of the amazing Franz Josef Glacier. Evening at leisure.
Day 6 Franz Josef. FRANZ JOSEF Morning guided Glacier Valley Walk, which follows the glacier's path of retreat in this remarkable landscape. Remainder of day at leisure to explore more on your own or take a kayak tour, scenic flight, visit the West Coast Wildlife Centre, or relax in the glacier hot pools.
Day 7 Franz Josef to Greymouth to Tranzalpine to Christchurch. FRANZ JOSEF Take part in a private jade carving demonstration with a traditional carver. GREYMOUTH Time at leisure before boarding the legendary TranzAlpine, one of the world's great train journeys. CHRISTCHURCH Evening at leisure.
Day 8 Christchurch. CHRISTCHURCH (Local Favourite) Morning guided street art and coffee tour. Afternoon at leisure to explore on your own, stroll through the city's many gardens, enjoy a Punt on the Avon River, or visit the International Antarctic Centre. Tonight, enjoy a fun experience as you dine and travel the city's streets on the unique Tramway Restaurant.
Day 9 Christchurch to Kaikoura to Blenheim. Drive along the picturesque coastal route to Kaikoura. KAIKOURA Enjoy a wildlife cruise with a chance to see spectacular scenery, local sea birds, dolphins, seals, and whales (seasonal). BLENHEIM Arrive in Blenheim where the remainder of the day is at leisure.
Day 10 Blenheim to Interislander Ferry to Wellington. BLENHEIM Visit the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre, home to filmmaker, Peter Jackson's, collection of WWI aircraft. Visit (Local Favourite) Wairau River Wines for a tasting and nibbles. INTERISLANDER FERRY Scenic crossing from the South Island to the North Island. WELLINGTON Progressive dinner featuring local New Zealand food and wine.
Day 11 Wellington to Lake Taupo to Rotorua. LAKE TAUPO Take a scenic cruise to view the unique Maori Rock carvings. ROTORUA Evening is at leisure.
Day 12 Rotorua. ROTORUA Walk amongst towering forest on the Redwood Tree Walk. Afternoon at leisure. Later, visit Te Puia to see bubbling mud pools and stunning geysers. You'll also have the chance to learn more about New Zealand's nocturnal flightless bird and see traditional Maori craft work. Finish your visit with a hangi dinner and Maori concert. ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Rotorua with some relaxation at the Polynesian Spa, discover Rotorua's Lakes district on a WW2 amphibious craft duck tour, or enjoy fantastic views from a scenic sightseeing flight. These and many more options throughout your tour are available with MyAccount. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.
Day 13 Rotorua to Waitomo to Auckland. WAITOMO Guided tour of the famous Ruakuri Glowworm Caves. AUCKLAND Join your Tour Director for a festive farewell dinner with stunning 360-degree views atop the iconic SkyCity.
Day 14 Auckland. Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. You may also choose to extend your time in Auckland and explore more on your own. Extra nights are available for purchase.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans