Wonders of Pilbara & West Coast
From 06/06/2023 to 06/08/2023
Cable Beach Sunset DrinksGantheaume Point Broome – Dinosaur FootprintsKarijini National Park – Falls, Gorges, Lookouts, SwimCoral Bay Glass Bottom Boat Cruise – Ningaloo ReefSpace & Technology Museum CarnarvonHamlin Pool StromatolitesShell BeachMonkey Mia DolphinsKalbarri National ParkHMAS Sydney Memorial GeraldtonPinnacles at Nambung National ParkYachep National Park – Aboriginal experience.
Specialist team of two highly experienced Travel Director and Driver GuideLocal Specialists (Guides)Centrally located premium hotels.
Day 1 - This afternoon when you meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers at your hotel, set off on a city tour of Perth including a visit to Kings Park where you can see the broad expanse of the Swan River and wander around the Anzac Memorial and wildflower gardens. You'll also see the many public art instillations around the city and get a feel for the different precincts surrounding the CBD. Get to know your fellow travellers over a delicious welcome dinner.
Day 2 - Heading north towards the port town of Geraldton your first stop is Yanchep National Park. Here you will meet your local Aboriginal guide Derek who'll share with you the local indigenous way of life and will treat you to the enchanting sounds of the didgeridoo through his fantastic Aboriginal cultural experience. You will get the chance to gain an understanding of traditional Aboriginal tools and weaponry in this hand on experience. Continuing along the coast to the seaside village of Lancelin at lunchtime and then to the home of the marvellous Pinnacles at Nambung National Park. Get your camera ready for these intriguing limestone formations. After taking time to reflect at the evocative HMAS Sydney Memorial you can take I the astonishing views over the seaside township of Geraldton.
Day 3 - Discover Hamelin Pool and see the world's best known colony of Stromatolites. Dating back to the beginning of life on earth, while they may not appear alive, these living structures have helped scientists unravel the history of life on earth! Later visit fascinating Shell Beach that is formed from billions of coquina bivalve shells that can be up to ten metres deep along the water. Continue to the crystal blue waters of UNESCO World Heritage Site of Shark Bay and the pristine white sandy beaches of Monkey Mia. You will instantly feel totally relaxed at this beach side resort.
Day 4 - Every morning, Monkey Mia's wild dolphins swim close to shore where the National Park Rangers explain the feeding habits of these friendly mammals that they know by name. After watching the famous dolphins swim into shore (Note: As dolphins are wild their appearance cannot be guaranteed) enjoy a leisurely breakfast overlooking the calm waters of the bay. The rest of the day is free for you to explore or relax. You might choose a leisurely boat cruise through the waters to spot marine life or why not choose to take to the air with a scenic flight over the amazing Shark Bay.
Day 5 - Today you will make the journey north to Carnarvon. The friendly local volunteers at the Carnarvon Space and Technology Museum will share stories of how this site was instrumental in the space race. You might even choose to try on a space suit and climb aboard a spacecraft simulator.
Day 6 - Stopping at Coral Bay where you will join your local guide on a shallow glass bottom boat to see the World Heritage listed Ningaloo Reef. You will be amazed by the colour of the coral and how close it is to the shoreline. Waves of fish and coral drift under the boat as you cruise along this remarkable coastline. Then you will continue further into the North West Cape and the town of Exmouth that is situated on the boundary of Cape Range National Park and the Ningaloo Marine Park home to the spectacular Ningaloo Reef. You will venture up to Vlaming Head Lighthouse for stunning views over Lighthouse Bay and Ningaloo Reef. Our special accommodation for the next few nights is situated right on the water of the Exmouth Gulf.
Day 7 - Free time today allows you to do as you choose. With Ningaloo Reef right on the doorstep of this town, why not marvel at the size, grace and beauty of the Whale Shark as you swim alongside them in the pristine open ocean of the Ningaloo Marine Park. Take a stroll along the beach, relax by the hotel pool overlooking the ocean and why not choose a sunset cruise as it is a fantastic way to end your day.
Day 8 - Take one last look over the beautiful waters of Exmouth, before continuing to Western Australia's famous Pilbara region and journey into the depths of Karijini National Park in the Hamersley Ranges. The startling landscape of spectacular gorges, waterfalls and rock pools provides a striking contrast to the stark red landscape of the Pilbara. Your stay tonight is in safari-style eco tents. You can sit on your private deck with a good book and relax watching the sun set and fall asleep to the calming sounds of nature.
Day 9 - Today you'll explore deep into Karijini National Park. The ancient geological formations of Karijini National Park with its red layered cliffs that line the spectacular gorges eroded over billions of years. The picturesque gorges, refreshing waterfalls and the emerald waterholes but there is also the beautiful gum trees and termite mounds that make up Karijini National Park. The National Park is truly an extraordinary landscape to explore
Day 10 - This morning we continue through the striking contrast of the stark red landscape of the Pilbara. Port Hedland is a hub for major resource activity and is a powerhouse of the Australian economy. Its natural deep anchorage harbour sees the export of iron ore, salt, manganese, livestock and natural gas from the nearby offshore gas fields.
Day 11 - Skirting the edge of the Great Sandy Desert, we travel crossing vast pastoral leases and Aboriginal homelands towards the tropical resort town of Broome on the Indian Ocean. As you look out the window you will be amazed by the flat sandy desert that then gives way to distant mountain ranges. The famous Cable Beach sunset preludes dinner overlooking this famous beach.
Day 12 - Today you have a full free day to explore this tropical hideaway. From a scenic flight over the Horizontal Falls to cruising through the unique horizontal falls on a boat (pre book as it sells out) there are many options for you to explore the area. You may enjoy a leisurely stroll along the 22 kilometres of pristine sand and turquoise water that is Cable Beach. Wander through Chinatown, shop for pearls or just relax at the resort. Tonight, sit back and relax with a drink to watch another spectacular sunset over Cable Beach.
Day 13 - This morning after breakfast, bid farewell to your fellow travellers when your trip comes to an end.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 May 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 23 May 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans