From 28/08/2022 to 30/10/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Aug Sun 28 2022 to Sep Sun 04 2022Sold OutFrom$3,250*
Sep Sun 04 2022 to Sep Sun 11 2022Sold OutFrom$3,250*
Sep Sun 11 2022 to Sep Sun 18 2022AvailableFrom$3,450*
Sep Sun 18 2022 to Sep Sun 25 2022AvailableFrom$3,250*
Sep Sun 25 2022 to Oct Sun 02 2022AvailableFrom$3,195*
Oct Sun 09 2022 to Oct Sun 16 2022AvailableFrom$3,195*
Oct Sun 16 2022 to Oct Sun 23 2022AvailableFrom$3,125*
Oct Sun 23 2022 to Oct Sun 30 2022AvailableFrom$3,125*
1 Be My Guest.
1 Welcome Reception.
First class travel Highlights.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Ferry across the Channel from Dover to Calais.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Optional Experiences and free time.
Pick-up when you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel, booked through Trafalgar.
The services of a Trafalgar Local Host when you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel.
Day 1 - Cross the English Channel to Paris Cheerio London and hello to the sparkling White Cliffs of Dover, England's last hurrah before we cross the English Channel bound for Calais. We pass the tragic World War I battlefields of the Somme before arriving in Paris where we will enjoy a Welcome Reception with dinner to meet our fellow travellers and Travel Director. This evening, the 'City of Lights' provides an enchanting backdrop for an orientation drive that will showcase several of the sights which await us tomorrow.
Day 2 - Explore the Sights of Paris Embark on a scenic sojourn, with your Local Specialist, along the grand Champs-?lys?es to view the Arc de Triomphe, honouring those who fought for France. View Notre Dame Cathedral and enjoy a stroll through the Latin Quarter. This afternoon, you'll have some leisure time to explore the treasures of Paris. Perhaps enjoy breath-taking views from the highest rooftop terrace in Paris or relax at a cosy French caf? and enjoy a glass of wine while watching the world go by.
Day 3 - Onwards to Explore Lucerne We wind our way through the sprawling vineyards of Auxerrois and Burgundy, journeying south past the 15th-century fortress of Ch?teauneuf and rolling green farmlands into Switzerland bound for Lucerne. Cross the famous wooden Chapel Bridge with its 17th-century paintings and view the mortally wounded lion hewn from rock, paying tribute to the hundreds of brave Swiss Guards who died defending Louis XVI.
Day 4 - Journey to the Floating City of Venice The contrast of scenery today is nothing short of remarkable. Traversing the Alps, we travel through the St. Gotthard tunnel and the border at Chiasso into Italy. Catch a glimpse of northern Italy's beautiful lakes, whose scenic retreats have attracted the aristocracy for centuries, before arriving later in Venice.
Day 5 - On to Florence Take to the water and board a private motor launch to the gateway of Venice, St. Mark's Square. View the Bridge of Sighs and ornate Doge's Palace, then Dive Into Culture on your unforgettable MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience where you'll witness the centuries-old craft of glassblowing at one of the oldest workshops in Venice. Watch how talented master craftsmen shape the molten glass into the delicate works of art you've come to admire from afar and perhaps be inspired to buy your own souvenir to remind you of this special experience. Later, there's time to explore the hidden calle and campi of Venice to fit in some shopping or soak up the sights and sounds of the Queen of the Adriatic before crossing the Apennine Mountains bound for Florence, the 'Cradle of the Renaissance'.
Day 6 - Journey to Rome The magnificent Renaissance dome of Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral and the Baptistery stand imposingly in the centre of Florence and are among the sights we will view during our guided walking tour with a Local Specialist. Delve into the city's rich cultural, artistic and architectural heritage, then learn about the quality and workmanship of one of this city's historic industries at a demonstration of Florentine leathercraft. Admire the Ponte Vecchio which has spanned the Arno River for almost 700 years. Marvel at the impressive palazzi and art in the Piazza della Signoria, the political hub of the city. Rome is our final stop today.
Day 7 - Uncover Ancient Rome and the Vatican City Visit the Vatican for a memorable encounter with the centre of Christianity. A Local Specialist will take you on a tour of St. Peter's Basilica, the home of Michelangelo's Piet?, crafted from the most perfect block of Carrara marble. Consider an Optional Experience to see the magnificent frescoes of the Sistine Chapel, before travelling to Ancient Rome to view the Colosseum where brave gladiators and slaves fought to the death to the thunderous applause of thousands of spectators. This evening, at our Farewell Dinner, we Connect With Locals at a Be My Guest experience and celebrate the Italian zest for life, food and good company.
Day 8 - Farewell Rome Our adventure together has come to an end. We say a fond farewell to Rome and our travel companions at the end of our journey. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Paris, Florence and Rome with a Local Specialist Discover Lucerne and Venice Visit a glassblowing factory in Venice and St. Peter's Basilica in Rome View the White Cliffs of Dover, the Eiffel Tower, the Champs-?lys?es, the Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, the Lion Monument and the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne, St. Mark's Basilica in Venice and the ancient sites of Rome See the Somme Battlefields and the vineyards of Burgundy in France Scenic Cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice Connect With Locals Travel to Isola Tiberina for an evening with Fabio and his family. Enjoy a drinks reception at their apartment before our Be My Guest dinner in a unique setting amongst Roman excavations. Dive into Culture Witness the exquisite craft of glassblowing, a delicate tradition that generations of Venetian craftsmen have perfected over the centuries. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Learn about the history and ancient skill of Venetian glassblowing, playing your role in ensuring the survival of this traditional craft through your visit.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans