From 17/01/2023 to 09/01/2024
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jan Tue 17 2023 to Jan Fri 20 2023AvailableFrom$1,425*
Jan Tue 31 2023 to Feb Fri 03 2023AvailableFrom$1,425*
Feb Tue 14 2023 to Feb Fri 17 2023AvailableFrom$1,425*
Feb Tue 28 2023 to Mar Fri 03 2023AvailableFrom$1,425*
Mar Sat 11 2023 to Mar Tue 14 2023AvailableFrom$1,425*
Mar Tue 28 2023 to Mar Fri 31 2023AvailableFrom$1,425*
Apr Tue 11 2023 to Apr Fri 14 2023AvailableFrom$1,425*
Apr Tue 25 2023 to Apr Fri 28 2023AvailableFrom$1,425*
May Tue 09 2023 to May Fri 12 2023AvailableFrom$1,425*
First class travel Highlights.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
All transport and transfers shown.
Optional Experiences and free time.
Day 1 - Welcome to Kathmandu Keep a keen eye out for the rainbow-coloured prayer flags flapping in the wind as your transfer from Kathmandu Airport takes you to your hotel. Spirituality is the cornerstone of Nepalese culture, and this is revealed in the many shrines and temples that dot its capital, which you'll get to explore in the coming days. This evening, enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Day 2 - Stupas and Temples of Kathmandu and Patan Your first stop today is the UNESCO-listed shrine of Swayambhunath. Uncover its history spanning millennia. Admire the galleries of prayer mills and gleaming white stupa, whose gilded spire provides the colourful eyes of Buddha a lofty vantage point from which to survey the surrounding valley. Share the intricately carved stone fa?ades with the resident monkeys and admire the artistry of Nepalese craftsmanship. You'll see all this as you walk through the remnants of Buddhist and Hindu iconography, said to be around 2000 years old. Proceed to the heart of the old town and Durbar Square, another UNESCO World Heritage site. Here you will gain a deeper understanding of its role in the centuries of rule over this mountain kingdom. See the traditional pagoda-style architecture reflected in the temples and palaces that surround the square - the Hanuman Dhoka palace complex, the Mahadev Temple, the House of the Goddess Kumari and Taleju Temple. After some free time for lunch, journey to nearby Patan, renowned for its collection of ancient temples, carvings and palaces, which you will see first-hand during a visit to Patan Durbar Square, a generic name given to plazas and areas located opposite Nepal's old royal palaces. Delve into the ancient Buddhist heritage of the City of Beauty and visit the Krishna Temple and Golden Temple. Later, MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience during your visit to the Tibetan Refugee Camp, which features a handicraft centre and provides shelter to the families of Tibetan refugees who fled the Chinese occupation of Tibet in 1959. Among these were gifted Tibetan carpet weavers whose talents remain on display today at the Jawalakhel Handicraft Centre. You could choose to buy some of the traditional Tibetan handicrafts as a memento of your trip. Then it's back to Kathmandu for a well-deserved evening at leisure.
Day 3 - Explore Kathmandu The UNESCO-listed city of Bhaktapur and its impressive Durbar Square are the main attractions today. While the city is rebuilding its fallen temples, it remains a cultural centre. Stroll along narrow alleys and admire artisans at work. Watch how they weave cloth, carve timber and make pottery, which dries in all its terracotta brilliance in open squares for all to admire. Dive Into Culture and join a local potter for a workshop to learn how Bhaktapur has been a pottery centre for centuries. You'll see first-hand how traditional techniques are still used. Large spinning wheels are coaxed into action with a long stick and the rapid stirring of the talented potters to shape all sorts of ceramics out of lumps of clay. Get your hands dirty and hone your own pottery talents as you make your own creation to take home as a memento of your visit. If you have time, stop in one of the squares and sample the famous Juju Dhau, Newari yoghurt treat, enjoyed in a 'takeaway' pottery bowl. Later, return to the hotel and enjoy some free time. You could consider joining an Optional Experience to witness a poignant Aarti ceremony at Pashupatinath Temple on the banks of the Bagmati River.
Day 4 - Farewell Nepal Your soulful encounter with Nepal at its end, transfer to the airport for your onward flight. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Kathmandu and Patan Visit the shrine of Swayambhunath near Patan and the UNESCO listed city of Bhaktapur View the temples of Kathmandu and Patan Dive into Culture Observe the skills of a master pottery at a pottery workshop in Bhaktapur. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Visit the Tibetan Refugee Centre which features the Jawalakhel Handicraft Centre.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans