Flavours of South Australia
From 28/10/2022 to 07/03/2023
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Oct Fri 28 2022 to Nov Tue 01 2022availableFrom$3,495*
Mar Fri 03 2023 to Mar Tue 07 2023availableFrom$3,495*
Try award winning gin, taste fresh oysters, homemade Turkish Delights and beautifully handcrafted soaps at the Adelaide Central MarketWatch the artisans at work in the Seppeltsfield Jam FactoryWatch soap being made at Vasse Virgin Learn how cheese is made at Udder DelightsTry all of Maggie Beer's favourite sauces, spreads and dips at her farm in the Barossa Valley.
Specialist team of two highly experienced Journey Director and Driver GuideLocal Specialists (Guides)Mixture of boutique, unique and 5 star hotels.
Day 1 - Be welcomed into your heritage-listed Venetian Gothic-style hotel, nestled amongst the leafy plane trees of Wakefield Street just minutes away from Adelaide's city centre. It's time to unwind in the hotel's courtyard, with a glass of sparkling wine in hand. You'll then effortlessly explore the city in a zero-emission caddy, ending at Adelaide Central Market. Meet your expert hosts Cheryl and her team, who'll introduce you to the passionate market stall owners. You will taste signature dishes throughout the market, enjoying a four-course roaming dinner.
Day 2 - This morning enjoy a relaxing breakfast and some free time to explore Adelaide at your own pace before meeting your group and leaving the city for a taste of the country. On arrival, you'll visit Provenance Barossa, home to Penfolds Cellar Door, Barossa Distilling Company, Ember Pizzas and Stein's Taphouse to name but a few. Here you'll have time to wander and to taste the local fare. After checking into your accommodation this afternoon, head off to Seppeltsfield winery for a private Village Discovery Tour. Experience an award-winning mix of wine, food, craft and design before dining at the homestead where Executive Events Chef Owen Andrews will connect you to the region through seasonal plates showcasing local, sustainable produce.
Day 3 - Your day begins with breakfast overlooking the glorious Jacob's Creek vineyards, then add some Maggie Beer's flair to your cooking, in the very studio where Maggie and Simon filmed the Cook and the Chef, at a private demonstration. Sample the many products at her farm shop. Be sure to save room for some relaxed Barossa style long-table dining at the award-winning St Hugo. After a short tour and tasting, you'll be grazing on a delicious 2 course lunch with matching wines overlooking their glorious vineyard. Leave the Barossa behind and head through the picturesque Adelaide Hills to historic Hahndorf. Settled by 19th-century Lutheran migrants, it is known for its original German-style architecture and artisanal food. To learn more, visit the Hahndorf Academy, home to the German Migration Museum. On arrival, check into your boutique style accommodation for an afternoon and evening at leisure. It will be hard to resist a stroll down colourful Main Street where you'll find the Australian Opal Company, the Alpaca Shop or the Hahndorf Leathersmith and Bush Gallery. Tonight, why not head out to taste some true German fare washed down with an iced cold beer?
Day 4 - After breakfast, our journey takes us to the rich landscape of McLaren Vale. Here we visit Gemtree who produce biodynamic wines, a simple way of farming that enhances the soil and the taste. Take a guided tour of their picturesque property to learn about this unique process before trying out some of their wines for yourself. It's then onto the quirky d'Arenberg Cube. This building was inspired by the complexities and puzzles of winemaking. Each of the five levels has been carefully designed to entice and excite the senses. Here, you'll be taken on a journey like no other before arriving at the top floor for a tasting and 360-degree views of the vineyards. Afterwards, enjoy a delicious three-course lunch with wine at the stunning d'Arry's Verandah Restaurant. There will also be an opportunity for those interested to see the Salvador Dali exhibition. This is our last stop for the day before heading back to Adelaide this afternoon for evening that's all yours to explore or relax at leisure.
Day 5 - This morning, we'll venture out one last time for a celebratory farewell breakfast. On saying goodbye to your newfound friends, you will be transferred by private vehicle to the airport for your onward flight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 May 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 26 May 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans