Zebras & Zanzibar - 11 Days
From 2022-07-16 to 2023-06-17
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jul Sat 16 2022 to Jul Tue 26 2022Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,605*
Aug Sat 13 2022 to Aug Tue 23 2022Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,605*
Sep Sat 10 2022 to Sep Tue 20 2022AvailableFrom$2,605*
Oct Sat 08 2022 to Oct Tue 18 2022AvailableFrom$2,435*
Nov Sat 05 2022 to Nov Tue 15 2022AvailableFrom$2,435*
Dec Sat 03 2022 to Dec Tue 13 2022AvailableFrom$2,435*
Dec Sat 31 2022 to Jan Tue 10 2023AvailableFrom$2,605*
Jan Sat 14 2023 to Jan Tue 24 2023Sold OutFrom$2,105*
Jan Sat 28 2023 to Feb Tue 07 2023AvailableFrom$2,105*
Feb Sat 25 2023 to Mar Tue 07 2023AvailableFrom$2,665*
Mar Sat 25 2023 to Apr Tue 04 2023AvailableFrom$2,665*
Apr Sat 22 2023 to May Tue 02 2023AvailableFrom$2,665*
May Sat 20 2023 to May Tue 30 2023AvailableFrom$2,665*
Jun Sat 17 2023 to Jun Tue 27 2023AvailableFrom$2,665*
9 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners.
Arrival transfer from Nairobi Airport .
1st night dormitory accommodation at Kenya Comfort Hotel, 6 nights camping.
Tents and sleeping mats provided.
A fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives .
Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook) .
All camping fees and appropriate equipment .
3 night Zanzibar Excursion including ferry transfer, accommodation, Spice Tour and Dhow Sunset Cruise.
All road taxes and tolls .
Park entry and game drives in Serengeti NP and Ngorongoro NP.
Day 1 - Nairobi Welcome to Nairobi! Meet at Nairobi airport and transfer to our start hotel in Nairobi. Check into your shared dorm before meeting your fellow passengers and crew at 17:00 for a welcome meeting.
Day 2 - Arusha Nairobi - Arusha (Tanzania). Journeying south via Namanga, we cross the border and head into neighbouring Tanzania. Home to some of Africa’s finest game reserves, we camp at the attractive safari frontier town of Arusha. The town is perfectly placed for our visit to two of Tanzania’s best game reserves - the Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
Day 3-5 - Ngorongoro Crater Arusha - Ngorongoro Crater & Serengeti. This morning visit the Meserani Reptile Museum and Masai Cultural Museum, see the iconic Tinga Tinga paintings in a local gallery by the campsite. Or perhaps enjoy free time for lunch at our campsite against the backdrop of Mount Meru before we meet our Tanzanian guides and travel via the Masai town of Mtu Wa Mbu (Mosquito River) that lies adjacent to the Lake Manyara National Park and then up the Rift Valley Escarpment to the higher lying village of Karatu, our base for the night.
The following morning, we depart early for the Ngorongoro Conservation area and head into the wildlife rich Ngorongoro Crater. This World Heritage Site boasts some of the best game viewing in Africa – including the elusive Black Rhino. Following our game drive in the Crater rim, we head down past the “Cradle of Mankind” on our way to the Serengeti National Park, crossing vast plains as we drive through the southern and central areas of the park. Tonight we camp in the bushveld surrounded by the sounds of the African wilderness. In the morning, we head off for another game drive and explore the landscape in search of the resident game. With some luck, we may see some of Africa’s ‘Big 5’. We return to Arusha on day 5.
Day 6 - Dar es Salaam Arusha - Pangani. Today we head south. On the way we may catch a glimpse of Mt Kilimanjaro’s snowy summit, weather permitting. We pass through vast sisal plantations surrounded by the Usambara and Pare Mountain ranges, before reaching our lovely campsite nestled between these mountains, midway between Arusha and Dar es Salaam.
Day 7 - Dar es Salaam Pangani - Dar es Salaam. Spend the day travelling through lush scenery and palm trees as we near the warm Indian Ocean to our campsite in the city of Dar es Salaam. Today’s drive time is extended due to the heavier amount of traffic heading into the city, but the sights and sounds of Dar’s vibrant outer suburbs are sure to keep you entertained. Look out for the colourful shop-fronts with their sometimes humorous ‘catch phrases’.
Day 8-10 - Zanzibar Dar es Salaam - Zanzibar. A ferry from Dar Es Salaam takes us to ‘Spice Island’, where we spend the next three nights. Zanzibar is steeped in history and offers a wealth of experiences. Wander the streets of Stone Town, take an excursion around a spice plantation or simply laze on one of the pristine white sandy beaches, the choice is yours!
Day 11 - Dar es Salaam Zanzibar - Dar es Salaam. Leaving Zanzibar in the afternoon, we return to Dar es Salaam on the mainland. Arrival back to camp is usually in the late afternoon, or early evening. In Dar we exchange addresses and part ways, having just experienced a trip of a lifetime!
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans