Mood for Moscow - 4 Days
From 2020-04-12 to 2020-09-13
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Apr Sun 12 2020 to Apr Wed 15 2020AvailableFrom$995*
May Sun 03 2020 to May Wed 06 2020AvailableFrom$995*
May Sun 17 2020 to May Wed 20 2020AvailableFrom$995*
Jun Sun 14 2020 to Jun Wed 17 2020AvailableFrom$995*
Jun Sun 28 2020 to Jul Wed 01 2020AvailableFrom$995*
Jul Sun 12 2020 to Jul Wed 15 2020AvailableFrom$995*
Jul Sun 26 2020 to Jul Wed 29 2020AvailableFrom$995*
Aug Sun 09 2020 to Aug Wed 12 2020AvailableFrom$995*
Aug Sun 23 2020 to Aug Wed 26 2020AvailableFrom$995*
Sep Sun 13 2020 to Sep Wed 16 2020AvailableFrom$995*
3 breakfasts, 1 Lunch and 1 dinner (including a Welcome Dinner on day 1).
3 nights 4 star hotel.
Airport arrival transfer on day 1.
Guided sightseeing day 2 - Moscow’s Red Square.
Moscow Metro travel card - 6 journeys.
Services of an English speaking Russian tour guide for scheduled sightseeing.
All relevant transfers and transportation.
Day 1 - Moscow Sunday. Welcome to Moscow and the start of your long weekend! Upon arrival you will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel for check-in. Later tonight you'll be treated to dinner with the rest of your group at the hotel, followed by an informative welcome meeting. Remainder of the evening at leisure - your tour guide can recommend some local bars for you to try out.
Day 2 - Moscow Start the day with a ride on the Moscow Metro - one of Stalin's favourite gifts to the people. Quite unlike any other underground transport system in the world, many of the stations here offer an air of elegance with huge chandeliers, incredible mosaics, soaring ceilings and monumental sculptures. Arriving in legendary Red Square, we will begin our guided tour exploring the surrounding area.
As the historical, political and social heart of Moscow, Red Square is home to some of the city’s most recognisable landmarks. Within the Red Square travellers will find the fantastical St Basil’s Cathedral, the iconic Kremlin, Lenin’s Mausoleum and the glitzy Neo-Russian facade of the GUM shopping mall. Red Square is a constant hive of acitivity and an excellent place to people watch. Just a short walk away is Alexander Garden, home to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier - a poignant memorial to the soldiers who lost their lives during World War II. If you are lucky you may get to see the changing of the guard, which takes place every hour. Silent, poised and stone-faced these surprisingly young men take their role very seriously and it’s a fascinating sight to see. Enjoy the rest of the day at your own leisure.
Day 3 - Moscow There’s plenty to keep you occupied today - why not get to know the city by wandering through the backstreets on the south banks of Moscow River, or drink in views of the Kremlin from a Moscow River boat cruise? If the thought of tackling Moscow by yourself doesn't appeal, you can join us on one of our many optional group excursions (book and pay locally).
Moscow Kremlin - In the morning we take a guided tour of the impressive Moscow Kremlin. Previously a citadel to the Tsars and headquarters of the former Soviet Union, the Kremlin is today home to the Russian president - maintaining its symbol as a political powerhouse. The lofty red brick walls of the Kremlin contains many stunning sights, from Cathedral of the Annunciation to the Ivan the Great Bell Tower. Russians don’t do things by halves and this is obvious when you view the 200 tonne Tsar Bell that sits beside the tower!
Inside a Soviet Bunker - This afternoon we offer a guided tour of a Cold War Soviet bunker. Head 65 meters underground to explore a Stalinist-era bunker that up until recently was a top secret symbol of Soviet Power. Cleverly hidden beneath an ordinary apartment building, on a busy street in the heart of Moscow, 18 floors below ground level, this mighty 75,000 square foot facility was constructed in secret in the 1950’s, to protect the select few against a US nuclear attack. Later we take a tour of some of the finest metro stations ever built. Dating back to the Stalinist era these extravagant specimens dazzle with marble pillars and chandeliers.
Day 4 - Moscow Wednesday. Our tour comes to an end after breakfast. Spend the morning buying those last few souvenirs in the nearby Izmailova Market before hotel check out at 12 noon. It may not look like it from the outside, but behind the whimsically decorated walls of Izmailova you’ll find one of the best markets in Moscow. Whether you want to pick up some tacky souvenirs, genuine fur hats or some traditional handmade crafts this is the place to go. Plus don't forget to bargain!
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..