Northern Lights of Yellowknife
Spend three magical nights in Yellowknife in Canada's Northwest Territories. With stays in downtown Yellowknife village, afternoons are spent touring the city and guiding your dog sledding team over the snowy trails. Evenings involve gathering in the Aurora Teepee Village and watching in comfort as the brilliantly beautiful Aurora dances across the northern sky.
Day 1 Yellowknife
Arriving at Yellowknife Airport, guests who have arrived on Air Canada & WestJet flights will be met by a representative of Aurora Village at the arrivals gate. Afterwards, you are transferred to your Yellowknife hotel and are assisted with your check in. (Passengers arriving on other airlines may use the free shuttle between Yellowknife Airport and downtown hotels to arrive independently at the hotel.)
After getting settled and fitting your winter weather clothes (Nov 20 to Apr 14 departures), depart with your guide to Aurora Village for your first evening of Aurora viewing Warm up in a picturesque teepee glowing in the night, wood fire stove burning and choose from a delicious selection of hot beverages. Situated around the village on high ground and away from the lights of the city, the view of the Aurora is unsurpassed. Restaurant services are also available at Aurora Village. After your viewing, you are transferred back to your Yellowknife hotel. Overnight in Yellowknife.
Overnight stay at The Explorer Hotel in a Deluxe Double Queen
Day 2-3 Yellowknife
Begin your northern adventure Embark on one of several excursions over the next two days that highlight the remote landscape and fascinating ancient and modern cultures that are the heart of the local communities.
Your package includes a tour of Yellowknife. Your guided experience reveals the city's early beginnings where the "streets were paved with gold", to its deeply rooted Indigenous culture. See the Legislative Assembly, Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Center, as well as a scenic drive through downtown, Old Town, and onto a drive on the frozen Ice Road (ice permitting).
A guided hike to Cameron Falls in Hidden Lake Territorial Park leads through the boreal forest and along the rocky terrain, across streams and in and out of small valleys en route to the magnificent spectacle of the falls in the Autumn months. In the winter months, embark on an exciting dog sledding ride through the wooded trails surrounding Aurora Village, followed by a stop at the Teepee Village accompanied by an open fire and delicious food from an a la carte menu.
Every night is capped off with a dazzling Aurora Viewing experience, having the option to include heated seating on one of their evening sessions.
Overnight stays at The Explorer Hotel in a Deluxe Double Queen.
Day 4 Yellowknife
Today your package comes to an end. Passengers departing on Air Canada & WestJet flights will be picked up at the hotel and transferred to Yellowknife Airport for your flight home. Passengers departing on other airlines may use the free shuttle between downtown hotels and Yellowknife airport to transfer independently to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply.
- Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.