Hiking and Backpacking Yosemite's North Rim
From 02/05/2024 to 27/09/2024
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Escape the crowds, absorb some of the best views in the park, sleep under the stars, and see some of Yosemite’s most amazing waterfalls and peaks.
Start and finish your trip in Yosemite Valley, where the scenery is superb and El Capitan and Half Dome tower over the famous meadows.
See Yosemite Falls, North Dome and Indian Rock while taking in expansive views of the entire Yosemite Valley and the incomparable High Sierra.
Photo opportunities are plentiful as the trail reveals ever-changing views of Half Dome, Clouds Rest, Tenaya Canyon, Mount Watkins, and many more scenic wonders.
Take in views of Yosemite’s only above water natural arch and climb to the summit of Half Dome’s smaller twin, North Dome.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 3.
Backcountry camping (3 nights).
Age: min 12.
Group Size: 1 - 10.
Snow Creek Trail hike.
Snow Creek wildcamping.
Guided Backpacking experience - Yosemite National Park.
Indian Rock hike.
North Dome summit hike.
Yosemite Falls hike.
Yosemite Valley Camp 4 visit.
1 - Yosemite National Park Start your guided Yosemite hiking trip with a rendezvous in Yosemite Valley in Curry Village at 6pm on Day 1. After the Welcome Meeting, your group will settle into the Backpackers Camp which is located a stone's throw away from Tenaya Creek and under the spectacular domes and cliffs of Yosemite Valley. Tonight, enjoy dinner either at Curry Village or in camp.
2 - Yosemite National Park Your first hike of the trip heads around the north flank of Half Dome then skirts the south side of Mirror Lake. After a quick look at Snow Creek Falls, you will tackle the climb along Snow Creek Trail slowly and steadily until you reach the black oak forest near the northern rim of the Yosemite Valley. It's a long way to the top but awesome views of Tenaya Canyon and the north face of Half Dome will take your mind off the numerous switchbacks along the way. Tonight, make camp alongside Snow Creek and take in the pine scented air as you enjoy a delicious guide-prepared gourmet dinner.
3 - Yosemite National Park Set off early for the walk to Indian Rock where photographic opportunities of Half Dome abound. After enjoying the views and a hearty lunch, it is all downhill through increasingly open country to the next highlight of the trip, the summit of North Dome. Half Dome-just 1.5 miles away, now--dominates the view south, and the rest of Yosemite Valley unfolds at your feet. After you have enjoyed the view, you will set up camp alongside a cool forested stream and look forward to enjoying one of the best night skies anywhere in the world.
4 - Yosemite National Park After an incredible sunrise overlooking Yosemite Valley, descend from Yosemite's North Rim towards your destination at historic Camp 4 in the Yosemite Valley. But, the scenic highlights aren't over yet as your trail descends alongside Yosemite Falls, one of the top attractions in the park. At 2425 feet tall, this is the tallest waterfall in North America and the sixth highest in the world. Descend sharply to the base of the Upper Falls and enjoy the cooling mists of the spring snowmelt as the thundering water roars past the trail. The last switchbacks pass quickly as you near the trailhead, where you will enjoy a last lunch together before your trip comes to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans