Tassie's East Coast Highlights
From 04/03/2024 to 29/03/2024
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Spot Bicheno’s little penguins march up the sand from the ocean.
Get an early flight into Launceston to explore Cataract Gorge at your own pace.
From untamed wilderness areas like Cradle Mountain and Freycinet National Park to the World Heritage listed Port Arthur, Tassie is not short on attractions.
Specialist team of two highly experienced Travel Director and Driver GuideLocal Specialists (Guides)1 UNESCO World Heritage Site – Port Arthur Convict SitePremium hotelsFreycinet National Park entrance fees8 included attractions/experiences.
Day 1 You don't have to arrive early into Launceston, but we highly recommend you do. Time on your side? Walk the short distance to Cataract Gorge, home to the longest single-span chairlift in the world. It's quite the ride, taking you up high into this intensely beautiful, and spiritual, place. Otherwise, meet your Travel Director and fellow Tassie companions for a drink in the evening.
Day 2 Bridestowe is an assault on all your senses - in the best possible way. There's the piercing purple of the lavender grown here, backdropped by horizon-wide blue sky. Then the musky aroma of the flowers, which has an instant calming effect. And the taste, beyond anything you ever imagined - try lavender in ice-cream, jams and teas, and thank us later. It's a tasty entr?e to the Legerwood Carved Memorial Trees, sculpted into World War One soldiers. Come dusk in Bicheno, sign up to spot tuxedoed little penguins waddle to shore from the water. Touring Tasmania doesn't get any cuter than this.
Day 3 Nothing quite prepares you for the drama of Freycinet National Park - the colours here seem more vivid, the air crisper, the water cleaner, the skies wider. A patchwork of ocean blues lap Coles Bay and Wineglass Bay, pink granite cliff faces and silvery eucalypts. There's a reason why this place stars on postcards. Talk about a Freycinet adventure to remember. The other destination that deserves notoriety is Richmond, its grand 1820s Georgian buildings today home to bijou boutiques, galleries and caf?s that appear to be lost in time.
Day 4 Port Arthur's rather grim convict past is reflected in the names of attractions around it: Isle of the Dead, Devil's Kitchen, the Blowhole... But believe us, they're all spectacular. As is the Port Arthur Historic Site, its immaculately maintained buildings scattered over green pastures that fade into the Southern Ocean. Your private Port Arthur tour reveals the best-preserved convict site in Australia, and among the most significant convict-era destinations worldwide. The stories these walls could tell.
Day 5 Short and sweet and packed with highlights - this Tasmania tour is sure to inspire future travels.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 February 2024 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 21 February 2024 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans