SAVE $810* - The Splendors of Italy
Only on 14 July 2024.
9 day tour departing Rome.
8 nights accommodation.
8 Breakfasts & 3 dinners.
Services of a Tour Director.
Transport by coach.
WAS $2,809*, NOW $1,999*, SAVE $810*.
Day 1 Rome. Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to explore this ancient capital. This evening, meet your Tour Director and travel companions.
Day 2 Rome. The "Eternal City" is steeped in history, vibrantly alive and exciting, and absolutely unique! Start the included introduction to Rome's landmarks from St. Peter's Square with a Local Guide. Enjoy a drive along the iconic landmarks of the city: the Tiber River, the Caius Cestius Pyramid, the Aurelian Walls, and the Caracalla Baths. Complete the experience with a walk back in time from the Circus Maximus to the Arch of Constantine and to the fascinating Colosseum, symbol of the Roman Empire.
Day 3 Rome to Orvieto to Siena. Journey to charming Orvieto in the Umbria region to visit the black basalt and travertine cathedral, an excellent example of Italian Gothic architecture. Reach Siena, with time to visit this Tuscan jewel. The focal point of the town is Piazza del Campo, a special square, famed all over the world for its medieval-style Palio horse race. Today's Distance: 152 mi/ 245 km.
Day 4 Siena to San Gimignano to Greve to Montecatini. Arrive in San Gimignano and discover one of Tuscany's greatest attractions. Its medieval squares, town walls, streets, alleyways, and 14 towers are truly unique. Continue into the very heart of the Chianti vineyards, where Chianti Classico wines are produced. Stop in Greve for wine tasting at a local wine estate. Arrive in Montecatini in time to join the optional Tuscan farm dinner. Today's Distance: 109 mi/ 175 km.
Day 5 Excursion to Florence. Florence, the Renaissance gem and city of the Medicis will keep you enthralled the entire day. Wander at leisure and admire the city's timeless beauty. Don't miss out on the included walking tour with a Local Guide, which features special city highlights. You will see Piazza Santa Croce; beautiful Piazza Signoria; Palazzo Vecchio; Loggia dei Lanzi; and, to top it all, Piazza del Duomo and its cathedral with the Giotto Campanile, and the magnificent East Doors of the Baptistry, known as the "Gates of Paradise." Today's Distance: 62 mi/ 100 km.
Day 6 Montecatini to Pisa to Venice Area. This morning, drive to Pisa and enjoy a mini-train ride to see the impressive Square of Miracles with the amazing Leaning Tower-180 feet high and approximately 4 degrees out of the perpendicular. Head across the wooded Apennine hills into the farmlands of the Po Valley to the Venice area. Today's Distance: 236 mi/ 380 km.
Day 7 Venice Area. Venice is more like a magical film set than a real-life city, with its crisscrossing canals, gondolas and water buses, arched bridges, palaces, and piazzas. Your included orientation starts with a boat ride to St. Mark's Square and is followed by time at leisure and a chance to watch Venetian glassblowers create their delicate works of art as they did centuries ago. Spend some time at leisure or join one of our optional excursions, such as the gondola trip, gliding along the picturesque canals with a local troubadour to serenade you.
Day 8 Venice Area to Assisi to Rome. Travel across the Po Delta, then into the green Apennines to Umbria. Stop in medieval Assisi, where St. Francis was born in 1182. Visit the town and the upper and lower basilicas with a Local Guide, then head for Rome. Today's Distance: 317 mi/ 510 km.
Day 9 Rome. Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 February 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Advertised Price is based on the lowest room category, unless specified. A search for availability will return the supplier�s current live price on the lowest room category available on your search date. Should the lowest room not be available, the next room type will return. This may be different from the Advertised Price if it has been varied by the supplier since being advertised by Flight Centre.
- Advertised Price is based on the lowest available airfare. A search for availability will return the supplier�s current live price on the lowest fare available on your search date. This may be different from the Advertised Price if it has been varied by the supplier since being advertised by Flight Centre.
- Flexible Terms & Conditions: Applies to selected products only & excludes instant purchase & non-refundable products. Please ask your consultant for details at time of booking. A refundable deposit of $55 per person is required to secure your booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to travel, unless travelling within 30 days of booking. Changes & cancellations made xx days or more prior to travel will not incur fees. Changes are subject to availability & may incur additional costs due to changes in seasonality, pricing & applicable surcharges. Any additional cost associated with changing will remain the responsibility of the customer. Original booking may contain bonus inclusions which are no longer available. In this instance, you will be offered a credit of your payment less any applicable supplier fees. In the instance that flights are added, the booking becomes non-refundable & change fees will apply. Changes & cancellations made within the applicable cancellation period will be subject to Flight Centre's Change & Cancellation policy which can be found at www.flightcentre.com.au.In the event there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and our booking terms and conditions https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition, these terms and conditions will apply.
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply.
- Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans