White Nights and Museums - 6 Days
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
5 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner (including a Welcome Dinner on day 1).
Night At The Museums Event: Transportation and guided tour of a selection of museums (entrance fees included).
High speed train from St Petersburg - Moscow.
5 nights 4 star hotels.
Escorted by an English speaking Russian tour guide.
Specialist Russian guides at local sights.
Guided sightseeing - St Petersburg and Moscow.
Airport arrival transfer on day 1.
Moscow Metro travel card - 6 journeys.
All relevant transfers and transportation on tour.
Day 1 - St Petersburg Friday 14 May 2021. Welcome to Russia and the start of your holiday! Upon arrival you will be met at St Petersburg Pulkovo Airport and transferred to to your hotel for check in. Later tonight you'll be treated to dinner with the rest of your group at the hotel, followed by an informative welcome meeting. Remainder of the evening at leisure - your tour guide can recommend some local bars for you to try out.
Day 2 - St Petersburg Often referred to as Russia’s ‘Versailles’, the gardens of Peterhof Palace which we visit from May through to mid-October are a wonderland of greenery and flowers, sweeping vistas and ornate architectural decorations, with spectacular gold fountains.
Tonight at approximately 9pm we set off to spend the night touring the Museums of St Petersburg, accompanied by our guide, with private transportation and inclusive of entrance fees. Over thirty of St Petersburg’s most respected museums and art galleries will stay open from 9pm on Saturday 16th May 2020 until 6am the following morning for this wonderful annual event, which is accompanied by unique exhibitions, street art and performances around the city. The city of the Tsars becomes a hive of late night activity as people flock to see some of the St Petersburg's finest cultural offerings and take advantage of the wonderful Russian ‘White Nights’ when the sun barely sets!
In previous years at this event we visited the following museums: The Museum of Political History, the Planetarium, the Geological Museum, The Gallery of Modern Art and St. Isaac’s Cathedral where we enjoyed a classical music performed by the city Symphony Orchestra.
Day 3 - St Petersburg St Petersburg – Moscow. This morning a driving tour provides an introduction to the beautiful city of St Petersburg. Travelling by bus we will make our way along the famed Nevsky Prospekt, past the museum and university districts and a few stops will be made along the way to see the magnificent St Isaac's Cathedral and The Bronze Horseman. We then visit the Peter and Paul Fortress and the beautiful Peter and Paul Cathedral which houses much of the tombs of the Romanov monarchs. We will also pay a visit to the impressive Church on Spilled Blood. Later, we will enjoy a guided tour of the Hermitage - which houses one of the biggest and best art collections on earth.
This evening we board a high speed train bound for Moscow. Upon arrival we'll be transferred to our hotel for the night.
Day 4 - Moscow Taking the metro, we will make our way to the legendary Red Square this morning for the start of our walking tour. Here we will take in sights such as the epitome of Russian power – the Kremlin, Lenin’s Mausoleum and the ritzy GUM department store. At the south end of the square, feast your eyes on the iconic St Basil’s Cathedral. We also tour the mighty Kremlin, with a guided walk through the grounds to see numerous government buildings, gold-domed cathedrals and the Tsar Bell - the largest bell that never rang! If open, you can pay your respects to the grandfather of Communism at Lenin’s mausoleum. Remainder of the day is at leisure.
During our stay in Moscow there will be the chance to join some of our optional evening excursions, such as a traditional Cossack Show or a Moscow by Night coach tour.
Day 5 - Moscow If you have booked the optional Inside a Soviet Bunker Tour Bolt On then we will head 65 metres underground and explore the Underground Cold War Museum - a Stalinist-era Soviet Bunker that up until recently was a top secret symbol of Soviet Power. The rest of the day is free to explore amazing galleries, museums, plenty of cafes, shops (including the GUM department store for high rollers) and bars all within walking distance. During our stay in Moscow there will be the chance to join some of our optional evening excursions, such as a traditional Cossack Show or a Moscow by Night coach tour. All optional excursions are subject to availability, and are booked and payable locally.
Day 6 - Moscow Wednesday 19 May 2021. Our Night at the Museums tour comes to an end after breakfast and hotel check-out.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.