Argentina & Brazil Highlights
From 08/09/2021 to 20/12/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Wed 08 2021 to Sep Tue 14 2021AvailableFrom$4,490*
Sep Wed 22 2021 to Sep Tue 28 2021AvailableFrom$4,490*
Oct Wed 06 2021 to Oct Tue 12 2021AvailableFrom$4,490*
Nov Wed 03 2021 to Nov Tue 09 2021AvailableFrom$4,325*
Dec Wed 15 2021 to Dec Tue 21 2021AvailableFrom$4,325*
Jan Wed 26 2022 to Feb Tue 01 2022AvailableFrom$4,715*
Feb Wed 16 2022 to Feb Tue 22 2022AvailableFrom$4,715*
Apr Wed 06 2022 to Apr Tue 12 2022AvailableFrom$4,715*
Enjoy meals that matter at a co-op garden and restaurant in Buenos Aires, where you’ll learn to make local dishes, and at a Rio NGO that gives marginalised people free culinary training.
Watch a professional tango couple swing, sway and swagger during a private performance and then try to match their rhythm during a lesson.
Marvel at Iguazu Falls from both multiple angles with visits to the boardwalk system in Argentina and the panoramic viewpoints of Brazil.
Take a guided walking tour around Rio’s Port area with a local researcher and learn about the area’s history as slave-trade centre and the cultural influence of the period.
Gaze over the dazzling city of Rio de Janeiro as it’s bathed in morning light from the foot of the Christ the Redeemer statue, your first stop during a day-long guided tour of the city.
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Lunches Included: 2.
Hotel (4 nights),Hotel Feature Stay (2 nights).
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Buenos Aires - Full-day guided tour.
Buenos Aires - Tango demonstration by professional dancers.
Buenos Aires - Tango lesson.
Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer.
Iguazu Falls - Guarani community visit.
Iguazu Falls - Tour of the Argentinian side of the falls.
Iguazu Falls - Tour of the Brazilian side of the falls.
Rio de Janeiro - Total Rio Tour Combo 1: Santa Teresa, Corcovado, Christ & Copacabana.
Day 1 - Buenos Aires Bienvenidos! Welcome to Buenos Aires, Argentina. If you are flying into the city today, enjoy an included airport transfer to your accommodation. Your adventure officially begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm. After the meeting, you can choose to get into the spirit of things by heading out to an optional tango show. There’s a lot to see if you arrive with time to spare before your tour begins. If you’re a wine lover, consider taking part an Urban Adventure like the Malbec Trail of Palermo.
Day 2 - Buenos Aires Enjoy a morning exploring some of Buenos Aires’ most iconic sites with your leader on a walking tour. First stop is the Plaza de Mayo to visit the original town hall, as well as the presidential palace known as the Pink House. Walk around La Boca and its ‘Caminito’ district, before moving on to the lesser-known Barracas neighbourhood and stop in at a local NGO to learn about their agroecological model of food production and community collaboration. Help prepare a meal – much of the ingredients for which are grown in the co-op garden – and then dine on the results, including alfajores (classic South American cookies) for dessert. Your leader-guided tour continues after lunch in Recoleta Cemetery, a labyrinth of ornate mausoleums. After a stop at the grave of Eva Peron, head to Palermo to see beautiful parks and the unique Floralis Generica – a huge metal flower. Enjoy a few hours of free time in the afternoon. In the evening, enjoy a professional tango performance, followed by an hour-long beginner’s class. The dancers will explain the origin of the style and its rich history.
Day 3 - Iguazu Falls (Brazil) This morning, transfer to the airport and board your flight to Puerto Iguazu in Argentina (2 hours). While you are flying into Argentina, today will actually be spent exploring the Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls, so please be sure you have any necessary visas. At over two-kilometres in length, and are made up of 275 waterfalls in total, Iguazu is higher than Niagara Falls and wider than Victoria Falls. The Brazilian side of the falls offers great panoramic views, which you’ll get to spend time taking in today. Return to your hotel in Argentina for the evening.
Day 4 - Iguazu Falls (Argentina) Rise and shine for a 7.30 am departure to the Argentinean side of the falls today, where you will be able to get up close to this incredible feat of nature. There is a system of boardwalks on the Argentinian side of the falls that allow you to access some incredible viewing points, or you could choose to take an optional Zodiac (panga) ride beneath them for an even more exhilarating approach (chat to your leader for details). At about 3 pm, you'll have to chance to accompany your leader on a visit to a Guarani community or, if you wish, you can continue admiring Iguazu Falls. Return to the hotel at approximately 5 pm and enjoy a free evening.
Day 5 - Rio de Janeiro Cross the border into Brazil this morning and take an included flight (2 hours) from Foz do Iguacu to Rio de Janeiro. Once you have transferred to your hotel and settled in, you are free to explore lively Rio at your own pace. Maybe head to the white sands of Cobacapana and Ipanema beaches for an interesting snapshot of local life. If you’re interested in listening to some live music, maybe head to Lapa and join the locals for some dancing.
Day 6 - Rio de Janeiro Embrace an early start this morning and embark on a full-day guided tour of Rio. Start with a visit to Corcovado Mountain for sweeping views over the city from the base of the Christ the Reedemer statue. Next, head to Santa Teresa and discover the eclectic architecture, restaurants and art galleries. Continue to the famous Selaron Steps to see Chilean artist Jorge Selaron’s famous artwork. Give your feet a break during a lunch stop at an incredible NGO called Gastromotiva, where dishes are made by marginalised members of the community who receive free culinary training. The meals are even made using donated produce. Finish the day with a walking tour of the Port area, which is recognized for its historical significance to the African slave trade in Brazil. You’ll be joined by a local guide from the Pretos Novos Institute (Institute of Research and New Black Memory) during your walk who will illuminate the history of slavery and resistance in the area. When your tour ends at approximately 4 pm you are free to use the rest of your day however you please.
Day 7 - Rio de Janeiro Your trip comes to an end after breakfast this morning.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans