Best of Chile & Argentina
From 03/10/2020 to 02/01/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Discover the colonial charm, neoclassical plazas and stylish neighbourhoods of Santiago.
This city is packed full of history and is a great place to explore on foot.
Wind through the country lanes of the Mendoza wine region - the world’s largest producer of Malbec.
During this trip you'll have ample opportunity to refine your palate by tasting varietals of one of South America's favourite wines.
Take part in the daily routines and duties of a gaucho on a traditional Argentinian estancia, a unique retreat for any traveller.
Indulge in the cuisine, culture and nightlife of cosmopolitan Buenos Aires.
Argentinian produce is some of the best in the world.
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 2.
Hotel (5 nights),Estancia (2 nights).
Plane,Private vehicle,Local bus.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer.
Santiago - Half-day guided walking tour.
Mendoza - Full-day winery tour - Includes lunch.
Buenos Aires - Orientation walk.
Day 1 - Santiago Welcome to Santiago, Chile. Once you’ve arrived, transfer from the airport to the hotel (transfer is included). Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm. Please look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask reception where it will take place. We'll be collecting your insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so please ensure you have all these details to provide to your leader. If you arrive early into Santiago, perhaps head out on a short walk to get your bearings of the city.
Day 2 - Santiago Today at 10am you will get to grips with Santiago on a walking tour with a local leader (approximately 4hrs) – the city centre itself is quite small and simple to get around. You’ll discover more about this city, which was founded in 1541 by the Spaniard Pedro de Valdivia, and has experienced a turbulent history that has included native wars, floods and earthquakes. Head to the Plaza de Armas, the heart of the city and home to the cathedral. The cathedral has recently undergone renovations, so now is the ideal time to visit. Walk through the central market to try some local specialities. Next, you'll take the cable car to the top of Cerro San Cristobal for the best view of the city. Finishing the tour in the bohemian Bellavista neighbourhood. Perhaps continue yourselves to explore the modern parts of Santiago to see elegant residential neighbourhoods, shopping and financial districts. Later, take the chance to dine out at one of the city's famous restaurants.
Day 3 - Mendoza In the morning around 9am, travel through the Andes and across the Argentinean border by local bus to Mendoza (approximately 6 hours on the bus). It’s a good idea to bring plenty of water and snacks, as the trip may incur delays. On a clear day it may be possible to see Mount Aconcagua, the highest mountain in the Americas at 6,962 meters above sea level. Please note that crossing the border can take up to three hours depending on local traffic. Once in Mendoza, get to know the city with a gentle stroll around its tree-lined streets, or visit the local cafes and restaurants for some Argentinean fare.
Day 4 - Mendoza This morning around 8:45am head out on a winery tour. Mendoza is Argentina's most prolific and significant grape-growing region, producing nearly three-quarters of the country's wine. The climate produces an excellent variety of grapes, with the region's signature being Malbec. Visit several wineries and cellar doors, tasting Malbec, Torrontes and other local varietals along the way. Lunch around 1pm and return to the city by 3:30pm. In the evening, perhaps test how refined your palate is by attempting to pair the perfect wine with an authentic Argentine asado (barbecue-style food).
Day 5 - Estancia Stay This afternoon fly from Mendoza to Buenos Aires, which only takes around one and a half hours. On arrival, travel in a minivan for just over an hour to a traditional estancia (ranch). This is where the group will be staying for the next couple of days. Upon arrival, freshen up after a long day and get ready for dinner.
Day 6 - Estancia Stay During your time on the estancia you can do as much or as little as you desire. Activities may also vary depending on the day. You could go horse riding, take a cooking class or learn more about the sport of polo. Alternatively you could laze by the pool and read or have a barbecue. Estancias are ideal for relaxation and provide a great base for activities. Please remember that activities vary depending on the days that you are there. If in doubt, ask your trip leader for more information.
Day 7 - Buenos Aires After breakfast head back to the cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires (approximately 2.5 hours). The Portenos (local residents) are justifiably proud of their city, which is comprised of distinct neighbourhoods, each with its own style. After checking in to the hotel enjoy an orientation walk of the city. Visit the antique markets and artist displays of San Telmo, and the presidential palace of the Casa Rosada (Pink House) in the Plaza de Mayo.
Day 8 - Buenos Aires After breakfast your 'Best of Chile and Argentina' adventure comes to an end. Check out from the hotel is at noon, but you can arrange to store your luggage with the front desk.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 July 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.