Kakadu, Katherine & Litchfield Adventure
From 24/04/2021 to 28/09/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Apr Sat 24 2021 to Apr Tue 27 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
Apr Wed 28 2021 to May Sat 01 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
May Sat 01 2021 to May Tue 04 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,295*
May Wed 19 2021 to May Sat 22 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
May Wed 26 2021 to May Sat 29 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
Jun Wed 09 2021 to Jun Sat 12 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
Jun Sat 12 2021 to Jun Tue 15 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
Jun Sat 19 2021 to Jun Tue 22 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
Jun Wed 23 2021 to Jun Sat 26 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
Jun Sat 26 2021 to Jun Tue 29 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
Jun Wed 30 2021 to Jul Sat 03 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,295*
Jul Wed 07 2021 to Jul Sat 10 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
Jul Sat 17 2021 to Jul Tue 20 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
Jul Wed 21 2021 to Jul Sat 24 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
Jul Sat 24 2021 to Jul Tue 27 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
Jul Sat 31 2021 to Aug Tue 03 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,295*
Aug Wed 04 2021 to Aug Sat 07 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
Aug Sat 07 2021 to Aug Tue 10 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
Aug Wed 11 2021 to Aug Sat 14 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
Aug Sat 14 2021 to Aug Tue 17 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,295*
Sep Wed 01 2021 to Sep Sat 04 2021AvailableFrom$1,295*
Sep Sat 18 2021 to Sep Tue 21 2021Sold OutFrom$1,295*
Sep Sat 25 2021 to Sep Tue 28 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,295*
Explore the highlights of Australia's iconic Top End on this family-friendly adventure.
Enjoy the flexibility of a private vehicle, the local knowledge of a passionate guide and the magic of camping under the great southern sky in comfortable permanent tents.
Learn about the ancient culture and traditions of The First Peoples of Australia during an interactive experience in Katherine.
The Mary River Wetlands feature a wealth of wildlife, including the highest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the southern hemisphere.
Get up close to the snappy beasts on a river cruise.
Discover the wonders of Kakadu National Park.
See ancient traditional rock art and take an optional flight over astounding landscapes.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 4.
Dinners Included: 3.
Permanent, furnished tented camp (with shared facilities) (3 nts).
All Terrain vehicle.
Age: min 8.
Group Size: 6 - 21.
Litchfield National Park.
Pudakul Cultural Experience.
Kakadu National Park Fee.
Mary River cruise.
Bowali Visitor Centre.
Pine Creek Gold-Mining Centre.
Maguk (Barramundi Gorge).
Day 1 - Darwin – Mary River via Litchfield National Park Welcome to the Northern Territory! Your adventure begins in the tropical city of Darwin. Set off from Darwin and head south to Lichfield National Park, a huge sandstone plateau with dozens of waterfalls. Explore Florence Falls, Wangi Falls and the Buley Rockholes. After a picnic lunch, stroll through steamy rainforests and cool off with a dip in one of Litchfield's picturesque swimming holes. We then hit the road to Wulna Country, where your Limilngan-Wulna hosts – the land’s Traditional Owners – will greet you with a Cul Cul or ‘Welcome to Country’. Learn about their culture during bush tucker talks and didgeridoo and basket weaving demonstrations. Enjoy a camp dinner before climbing into bed at private campsite in the Mary River region.
Day 2 - Kakadu National Park: Ubirr & Barramundi Gorge After breakfast this morning, head to onto the water on a wildlife cruise in the Mary River Wetlands, a network of waterways home to crocodiles and native bird species. Kakadu National Park and discover ancient Aboriginal rock art in Ubirr. Your guide will lead an interpretive cultural walk through the numerous rock galleries, before you climb to the top of a lookout for views over the Nardab floodplain. Tonight, relax by the pool at the Kakadu campground and enjoy a group dinner.
Day 3 - Kakadu – Katherine This morning you have the option to take a scenic flight over Kakadu (at your own expense). The flight takes in views over the Arnhem Land escarpment, vast flood plains and billabongs. Later spend time exploring Kakadu’s other major Aboriginal rock art site – Nourlangie (Burrunggui), while your guide provides a glimpse into how the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people live. After lunch head south and stop to visit the historic gold-mining centre of Pine Creek. Stop for a quick dip at Maguk or Gunlom Falls, before continuing on to Katherine, where you'll settle in for the night at a private campsite near Nitmiluk National Park (Katherine Gorge).
Day 4 - Katherine Gorge – Darwin Depending on the season, head out on a morning cruise along the inky waters of Katherine Gorge, or canoe between red rock walls that are up to 70 metres high (both of these activities are optional and at your own expense). This 23 million-year-old landscape was formed by the Katherine River, which flows from Arnhem Land out to the Timor Sea. After lunch we head to the beautiful Edith falls for one last refreshing swim in the huge plunge pool before we hit the road back to Darwin, where your adventure comes to an end on arrival.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans