Top End & Arnhem Land Adventure
From 13/04/2021 to 18/09/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Apr Tue 13 2021 to Apr Sat 17 2021Sold OutFrom$1,595*
May Tue 18 2021 to May Sat 22 2021Sold OutFrom$1,595*
May Tue 25 2021 to May Sat 29 2021Sold OutFrom$1,595*
Jun Tue 01 2021 to Jun Sat 05 2021Sold OutFrom$1,595*
Jun Thu 03 2021 to Jun Mon 07 2021Sold OutFrom$1,595*
Jun Tue 15 2021 to Jun Sat 19 2021Sold OutFrom$1,595*
Jun Thu 17 2021 to Jun Mon 21 2021Sold OutFrom$1,595*
Jun Tue 22 2021 to Jun Sat 26 2021Sold OutFrom$1,595*
Jun Tue 29 2021 to Jul Sat 03 2021Sold OutFrom$1,595*
Jul Tue 06 2021 to Jul Sat 10 2021Sold OutFrom$1,595*
Jul Tue 20 2021 to Jul Sat 24 2021Sold OutFrom$1,595*
Jul Tue 27 2021 to Jul Sat 31 2021Sold OutFrom$1,595*
Aug Tue 03 2021 to Aug Sat 07 2021Sold OutFrom$1,595*
Aug Tue 10 2021 to Aug Sat 14 2021Sold OutFrom$1,595*
Aug Tue 17 2021 to Aug Sat 21 2021Sold OutFrom$1,595*
Aug Tue 24 2021 to Aug Sat 28 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,595*
Aug Tue 31 2021 to Sep Sat 04 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,595*
Sep Tue 07 2021 to Sep Sat 11 2021Sold OutFrom$1,595*
Sep Tue 14 2021 to Sep Sat 18 2021AvailableFrom$1,595*
See rocky red cliffs, monsoon forests, plunging waterfalls and some of the Top End’s best landscapes with visits to three national parks: Kakadu National Park, Nitmiluk National Park and Litchfield National Park.
Learn about the cultural importance of these spectacular landscapes through the eyes of experienced knowledgeable guides including a local Bininj Guluyambi guide.
Enjoy the flexibility of a private vehicle, the local knowledge of a passionate guide and the magic of camping under the great southern sky.
The Mawurndaddja rock art and occupation complex offers a unique insight into ancient Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander culture– with rock art spanning from the present time to many thousands of years of age.
Rumble through the Top End’s best-known national Park, Kakadu, on an adventure, stopping to check out the spectacular Jim Jim Falls.
Hike through the rich greenery of Litchfield National Park, cooling off with swims in Florence Falls, Wangi Falls and Buley Rockholes.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 5.
Dinners Included: 4.
Permanent tented camp (with shared facilities) (3 nights),Camping (with shared facilities) (1 night).
All Terrain vehicle.
Age: min 12.
Group Size: 6 - 15.
Guluyambi Cultural Cruise.
Mawurndaddja rock art and occupation complex.
Jim Jim Falls Walk.
Maguk (Barramundi Gorge).
Litchfield National Park.
Day 1 - Darwin – Arnhem Land Welcome to Darwin, the Northern Territory’s tropical capital. There’s no time to waste, so get cracking at 6.50 am and hit the road to Wulna Country, where your Limilngan-Wulna hosts – the land’s Traditional Owners – will greet you with a Cul Cul or ‘Welcome to Country’. Learn about their culture during bush tucker talks and didgeridoo and basket weaving demonstrations. Continue to the border of Kakadu and Arnhem Land for a Guluyumbi cruise along the East Alligator River with a Bininj guide. Learn about the cultural importance of the East Alligator River to the Bininj people and take in the tranquillity and rugged beauty. Back on land, jump in a private vehicle and drive to Arnhem Land’s Mawurndaddja. This sacred complex (only recently opened to visitors) has a spectacular series of rock art that research indicates is over 50,000 years old. Spend the afternoon exploring this atmospheric site and learning about its history from your guide. Head to Kakadu for an overnight stay.
Day 2 - Kakadu National Park After fuelling up with an early breakfast, head to Jim Jim Falls, Kakadu's most iconic natural attraction. Take a challenging walk through monsoon forest and over boulders, then recharge with a cooling dip in the clear waters beneath the falls. After lunch head to Anbangbang, another incredible site that features ancient art on what was originally Warramal land. Sadly, there are no surviving Warramal people, so the care of the site is maintained by the neighbouring Mirarr and Djok communities. This afternoon, you have the option of taking a scenic flight over Kakadu or visiting the Bowli Cultural Centre.
Day 3 - Kakadu National Park After breakfast, head to either Gunlom Falls or Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) for a swim in another pristine waterhole. Maguk flows down the steep walls of rugged gorge into a beautiful natural plunge pool, while the steep climb to the Gunlom Falls plunge pool is rewarded with sweeping views of Kakadu and the welcome shade of gum trees. Neither option will disappoint. After a relaxing morning, it’s time to hit the road. Stop in the old gold-mining town of Pine Creek for lunch before continuing for another 3 hours to your private campsite on the doorstep of Nitmiluk National Park. Once comfortable, have dinner with the group before settling in under the stars for the night.
Day 4 - Nitmiluk National Park – Litchfield National Park Spend the day exploring the deep Nitmiluk (Katherine) Gorge and greater Nitmiluk National Park, a wonderland of colours, ancient rock art, waterfalls and wildlife. While here, you can explore on foot or choose to take a cruise or rental a kayak to get a closer look. Keep in mind that these optional activities are seasonal and at your own expense. In the afternoon, travel to Edith Falls, a hidden oasis of clear, cool waters surrounded by bronze boulders. After a quick swim in the huge rock pools, continue to tonight’s camp located at the edge of Litchfield National Park, where dinner awaits.
Day 5 - Litchfield National Park – Darwin After breakfast, head to Litchfield National Park. A bit of a local secret, Litchfield is awash with tropical rainforest, gorgeous waterfalls and crystal-clear waterholes. Visit Florence Falls, Wangi Falls or Bluey Rockholes, then tuck into a picnic lunch. Enjoy a stroll through the steamy rainforests and refreshing dip in one of the park’s gorgeous swimming holes. In the afternoon, make the 2-hour drive back to Darwin.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans