White Russian - 7 Days
From 2020-12-29 to 2022-12-29
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
6 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner (including a Welcome Dinner on day 1).
1 high speed train from Moscow - St Petersburg.
6 nights 4 star accommodation.
Escorted by an English speaking Russian tour guide.
Specialist Russian guides at local sights.
Guided sightseeing - St Petersburg and Moscow.
Airport arrival transfer on day 1.
Moscow Metro travel card - 6 journeys.
Relevant transfers and transportation on tour.
Day 1 - Moscow 29 December. Welcome to Russia and the start of your winter holiday! Upon arrival you will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel for check-in. This evening meet for an informative welcome meeting and dinner at the hotel with the rest of your group.
Day 2 - Moscow First thing this morning we hop on the Moscow Metro and make our way to legendary Red Square. As the historical, political and social heart of Moscow, this famous square is home to some of the city’s most recognisable landmarks. Within Red Square is the iconic St Basil’s Cathedral, the imposing red brick walls of the Kremlin and the glitzy Neo-Russian facade of the GUM shopping mall. Also in Red Square is Lenin's Mausoleum. If open, we can enter the mausoleum free of charge and see Lenin's embalmed body which has lain in state here since his death. This afternoon we will embark on a guided tour of the Moscow Kremlin - Russia’s bastion of power. Walking through the grounds we’ll see numerous governmental buildings, gold-domed cathedrals and the giant tsar bell.
Tonight there will be the opportunity to join an optional Moscow by Night Tour and River Cruise. Book and pay locally.
Day 3 - Moscow Today is free for you to independently explore Moscow. Alternatively you can book our optional Inside a Soviet Bunker excursion and head 65 meters underground to explore a Stalinist-era bunker that up until recently was a top secret symbol of Soviet Power. See the giant tunnels and enjoy a guided tour of the rooms and secret paraphernalia.
This evening we head into the city to ring in the New Year among the crowds and offer an optional New Year's Eve dinner (book and pay locally). While Red Square is certainly one of the most popular places to count down to midnight, it can also get extremely busy making it often difficult to find a place. But fear not, there are plenty of other exciting activities happening around Moscow’ capital city, whether it’s watching the fireworks as they light up the night sky over Christ the Savior Cathedral from Patriarshy Bridge or dancing in the New Year in one of the city’s trendy bars or clubs.
Day 4 - St Petersburg Moscow - St Petersburg. Happy New Year! The morning is free to relax after your New Year's Eve celebrations or perhaps stroll to the Izmailova Market for a spot of souvenir shopping. It may not look like it from the outside, but behind the whimsically decorated walls of Izmailova you’ll find one of the best markets in Moscow. Whether you want to pick up some tacky souvenirs, genuine fur hats or some traditional handmade crafts this is the place to go. Don't forget to barter!
This afternoon we travel by high speed train to St Petersburg, arriving early evening. After hotel check-in spend the rest of evening at leisure.
Day 5 - St Petersburg This morning we take in the sights of St Petersburg on a driving tour. We will make our way down Nevsky Prospekt - the main thoroughfare and stop for photos at iconic sights such as the Bronze Horseman and St Isaac's Cathedral. Then we enjoy a guided tour of impressive Peter & Paul Fortress and the beautiful Peter & Paul Cathedral, which houses the tombs of the Romanov monarchs. We will also visit the exquisite Church on Spilled Blood.
After a tasty traditional Russia lunch we enjoy a guided tour of the magnificent Hermitage Collection at the Winter Palace. Housing some 2.8 million pieces of art, with collections ranging from Egyptian mummies to Greek vases and a vast and dazzling array of Old Masters, we’ll view the highlights.
During our time in St Petersburg there will be the chance to join one of our optional evening excursions, such as a traditional Cossack Show or a night at the Russian Ballet (book and pay locally).
Day 6 - St Petersburg This morning we head out of city to visit beautiful Catherine Palace at Tsarskoe Selo. The lavish interior of the grand palace cannot fail to impress, particularly the spectacular Amber room which really is a sight to behold!
The rest of the day is free for you to relax and independently explore the city. Most of the city sights are dotted along and just off the main thoroughfare - Nevsky Prospekt. St Petersburg has a spirited restaurant, bar and jazz club scene, plus some of Russia’s best beers!
Day 7 - St Petersburg 04 January. Our tour comes to an end after breakfast and hotel check-out.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.