US & Canada Discovery
From 21/10/2019 to 12/10/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Oct Mon 21 2019 to Nov Fri 01 2019Sold OutFrom$5,680*
May Mon 11 2020 to May Thu 21 2020AvailableFrom$4,795*
Jul Mon 20 2020 to Jul Thu 30 2020AvailableFrom$4,795*
Aug Sat 08 2020 to Aug Tue 18 2020AvailableFrom$4,795*
Aug Sat 22 2020 to Sep Tue 01 2020AvailableFrom$4,795*
Sep Sat 05 2020 to Sep Tue 15 2020AvailableFrom$4,795*
Oct Sat 03 2020 to Oct Tue 13 2020AvailableFrom$4,795*
Learn about another way of life over a home cooked meal, in the company of an Amish Bishop and his family.
With an overnight stay at Niagara Falls, you'll be able to see this spectacular sight in the day, at night, up close and from afar.
The scenes are unique from both the Canadian and American sides.
As an extremely popular activity, the Kensington Market Urban Adventure is a great way to get under the skin of Toronto in a short period of time.
Stroll galleries, walk out to a lighthouse or spot harbor seals in the water.
Cape Cod is a picturesque retreat away from the big city.
The Freedom Trail in Boston is one of the best free ways to learn about America's history.
Taking you indoors and out, this living museum is made up of at least 16 sites across the city.
Breakfasts Included: 5.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (11 nts).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 13.
Berlin - Dinner with an Amish family.
Niagara Falls - 'Maid of the Mist' boat tour.
Toronto - Urban Adventure.
Waterbury - Ben and Jerry's Factory Tour.
Plymouth - Plymouth Rock.
New York - Metrocard.
Day 1 - Chicago Welcome to Chicago, USA. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm. Please ask the hotel reception where it will take place. If you're going to be late, please inform the hotel reception. We'll be collecting your insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so please ensure you have all these details to provide to your leader. If you have time during the day, perhaps explore the lake front paths that Chicago is famous for or take a cruise down the river and into Lake Michigan. In the evening, settle into your hotel in downtown Chicago.
Day 2 - Berlin In the morning the trip starts with a long drive to Berlin, Ohio, which usually takes around seven hours. As part of the largest Amish settlement in the world, Berlin is at the heart of Amish country in Ohio. After checking in to the hotel in the evening, the group will visit a local's house for dinner tonight. The menu consists of homemade bread, baked chicken, vegetables, salad, pie beverages and more. This is a unique chance to learn about the hosts, who will also be sat at the table with you.
Day 3 - Niagara Falls Today the group will make the six hour journey to Niagara Falls. Once there, take a tour of the falls before putting on a raincoat and heading out on the 'Maid of the Mist' boat ride. There are numerous viewpoints from which you can appreciate the power of this amazing set of falls, but there's no better way than to approach them from the water.
Day 4 - Toronto This morning take a short drive to Toronto. This afternoon, join a local guide on an Urban Adventure tour through Kensington Market and Chinatown. Explore two of the city’s most colourful and multicultural neighbourhoods. On the walking tour you'll experience the history, culture and individuality of both of these areas - your guide will also enlighten you with some local stories and intriguing history surrounding Toronto’s Chinatown. As one of Canada's most thriving and cleanest cities, there's a lot to explore. Either side of your Urban Adventure, perhaps take in the views from the CN Tower, catch a Blue Jays baseball game (in season), visit the Hockey Hall of Fame or go shopping in the PATH underground market.
Day 5 - Montreal Today it will take around six hours to drive to Montreal. Once there, the rest of the afternoon and evening are free. This is a compact island city, which is great for walking around and exploring the neighbourhoods on foot. Maybe head to Old Montreal and visit the famous Notre-Dame Basilica. Montreal is also home to more than 80 ethnic communities and enjoys an outstanding reputation for gourmet dining. Perhaps head to one of the many restaurants for dinner in the evening.
Day 6 - Montreal Today is a free day in Montreal. The old town is a must-see and rambling the cobblestone streets is a great way to spend a couple of hours. For lunch perhaps try the famous pastrami sandwiches at Schwarz's Deli, or relax over a long brunch at Beauty's Luncheonette. If you're feeling active, hike up Mont Royal and capture the cityscape from the Kondiaronk Lookout. Tonight, possibly head to O. Noir restaurant for dinner. Staffed by blind waiters, diners eat in complete darkness and part of the profits from the restaurant goes to support local associations.
Day 7 - Stowe In the morning, head south and back across the border into the USA on your way to Stowe (approximately three hours drive in total). En route, stop at the picturesque Lake Champlain to stretch your legs. A bit further down the road is the Ben and Jerry's Factory, where you'll take a tour and try some ice-cream. Depending on time and traffic, you may also stop at a chocolate factory, cheese-maker's or a maple syrup farm before arriving into the quintessential Vermont mountain town of Stowe. Here you have a free afternoon to check out the Von Trapp Family Lodge (the family made famous by The Sound of Music), take the gondola up to the top of Mt Mansfield, or take a short hike in the Green Mountains.
Day 8 - Boston It is about a four hour drive today into Massachusetts and its capital of Boston. On the way into Boston, you'll make a stop at the beautiful old, Harvard campus in Cambridge for a look around. The rest of the afternoon and evening are free for you to explore Boston.
Day 9 - Boston Today is a free day to explore Boston, and it's highly recommended you walk the Freedom Trail. Start at the beginning, middle or end and wind your way through the streets of this very modern city and its historic paths. This is Boston’s indoor/outdoor history museum, with 16 'official' sites to explore. Tonight, perhaps go for an optional dinner at Union Oyster House, which is reputedly the oldest restaurant in the United States.
Day 10 - Cape Cod Take a short drive from Boston to Provincetown, on the tip of Cape Cod (approximately three hours). Along the way stop at Plymouth Rock, which was apparently the disembarkation point for the Mayflower pilgrims who founded the first colony at Plymouth. Continue onto Provincetown, a charming town full of art galleries and beaches. Perhaps take a stroll along the dunes or explore the trails along the seashore on a bike.
Day 11 - New York In the morning, drive through Rhode Island and along the Connecticut coastline to New York (approximately 6-7 hours). Arrive late in the afternoon. With a Metrocard in hand and some guidance from your leader you'll be set to explore the Big Apple with the evening free to do as you wish. Perhaps take a walk around Times Square and grab yourself a slice a pizza, New York style.
Day 12 - New York Your US and Canada Discovery adventure has come to an end. There are no activities planned for the final day and you're able to depart the accommodation at any time. As there's a great deal to do in New York City, we recommend staying a few extra days to make the most of this exciting city. If you need help booking extra accommodation (subject to availability), our reservations team will be happy to assist. You should also consider doing our one-day sightseeing tour of New York (urbanadventures.com).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 October 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..