Buenos Aires Experience – Independent
From 03/01/2021 to 05/01/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Explore the colourful areas of San Telmo and Palermo with a local guide – all of which tell their own stories of romance – and discover the eerie and star-studded Recoleta Cemetery.
Saunter your way to a local Milonga and dance the night away as you learn from the professionals in a beginners tango experience.
Source homegrown ingredients and prepare local dishes at a community cooperative in the lesser-known Barracas neighbourhood, dedicated to promoting sustainable agricultural practices.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (2 nights).
Group Size: 1 - 4.
Buenos Aires - Full-day guided tour.
Complimentary arrival transfer.
Complimentary departure transfer.
Milonga night including dinner.
Day 1 - Buenos Aires Buenas dias! Welcome to Argentina. On arrival at either Buenos Aires' Ezeiza (international) or Aeroparque Jorge Newbery (domestic) airports, meet your transfer guide at the arrival’s hall and head to your centrally located hotel. Once you have checked into the hotel, the remainder of your first day will be free until a welcome meeting at around 6 pm. Buenos Aires is home to 11 million 'portenos', a name given to the locals that literally means 'residents of the port'. After your briefing, why not consider dining out at one of the city’s renowned asado restaurants – Argentinian barbecue is something to indulge in at least once.
Day 2 - Buenos Aires Enjoy a morning exploring some of Buenos Aires’ most acclaimed sites with your local guide. First off is the Plaza de Mayo to visit the Cabildo – the city’s original town hall – as well as the presidential palace. Walk around La Boca and its Caminito district, before heading to the lesser-known Barracas neighbourhood for a group lunch at Iriarte Verde Work Cooperative – a local NGO where you’ll learn about their agroecological model of food production and community collaboration. Help prepare a meal – much of the ingredients for which are grown in the co-op’s own gardens – and then dine on the results, including shortbread-like alfajores for dessert. Walk off lunch on a stroll through the labyrinths of Recoleta Cemetery. After a stop at the grave of Eva Peron, head to Palermo to see beautiful parks designed by Carlos Thays and the unique Floralis Generica sculpture of a huge metal flower. Later, get ready to be captivated by Argentina’s most famous dance – the tango. In a private space, professional dancers will explain its origins and history, as well as demonstrate some moves. You’ll then be invited to join an hour-long beginner’s class to learn some of the basic techniques and find your own rhythm.
Day 3 - Buenos Aires Your Independent Experience will come to an end today after breakfast. If you do have an onward connection booked, you will be transferred to the airport in time for your flight. Please ensure you provide flight details when booking your Buenos Aires Experience.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.