Thailand Family Holiday with Teenagers
From 03/07/2021 to 11/07/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Wake up to the sights and sounds of bustling Chiang Mai after an overnight train journey.
Blissfully glide across the Mae Teang river on a kayaking voyage.
Explore the colourful flower markets frequented by the local Thais.
Breakfasts Included: 8.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 3.
Hotel (4 nights),Homestay (2 nights),Overnight sleeper train (2 nights).
Private bus,overnight sleeper train,bike,kayak.
Age: min 10.
Group Size: 2 - 16.
Bangkok - Wat Pho.
Bangkok - Khlong boat canal tour.
Chiang Mai - Doi Suthep temple complex.
Chiang Mai - Trek to Karen Village.
Chiang Mai - Kayaking day trip on Mae Teang River.
Amphawa - Baan Rim Klong Homestay.
Amphawa - Boat Cruise.
Bangkok - Tha Kha Floating Market tour.
Day 1 - Bangkok Sa-wat dee! Welcome to Thailand. Thailand's bustling capital, Bangkok is famous for its tuk tuks, khlong boats and street vendors serving up delicious Thai food. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 5pm on Day 1 Check in to the hotel and enjoy settling in to Bangkok. Bangkok has so much to offer those with time to explore, so perhaps arrive a day or so early and take a riverboat to Chinatown and explore the crowded streets, uncover the magnificent Grand Palace and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, wander down the tourist mecca of Khao San Road, or indulge in some Thai food.
Day 2 - Bangkok After enjoying a Thai breakfast with the group, head out to explore this incredibly vibrant and action-packed city. Begin the day with a river cruise down the Chao Phraya River to explore the famous ‘khlongs’ (canals). Life along these canals seems a world away from the chaotic streets of the capital. We pay a visit to Wat Pho, one of the ‘trinity’ of Bangkok temples, with a 46-metre long gold plated Buddha reclining inside. Even the feet of this statue are incredible, three metres long and intricately decorated with mother of pearl. The temple grounds are equally fascinating, filled with beautifully decorated stupas, halls, and shrines. This evening we head north, catching the overnight train to Chiang Mai.
Day 3 - Chiang Mai In the morning we arrive into Chiang Mai. After some time to freshen up, head out on an exploration of this charming and relaxed city (compared to Bangkok anyway). Embark on a scenic, winding drive up a mountain (around 45 minutes) to one of the country's most stunning temple complexes, Doi Suthep. A 300-step naga-guarded stairway leads you to the temples, and the climb is well worth the effort. The hypnotic atmosphere of chanting Buddhist monks and sweeping views of the city make this a most memorable experience. In the evening, experience a traditional Khan Toke dinner, which involves delicious food, a relaxed environment and slow-tempo dance entertainment.
Day 4 - Chiang Mai After last night's entertainment, today is a day of fresh mountain air and discovery by foot. Trek around Chiang Mai, visiting local markets and taking the time to enjoy a dip by a waterfall before heading to a Thai village for an overnight stay. Staying in the village is a great opportunity to interact with the locals and see how they live.
Day 5 - Chiang Mai Today is an action-packed day on the water. In the morning, glide down the Mae Teang River on an inflatable kayak, paddling through lush jungles, stopping to pick fruit and keeping eyes peeled for wildlife. Stop for a special lunch at a riverside camp. Afterwards head to the Lahu Hill tribe village to see how the rural communities live. Head back to Chiang Mai in the afternoon.
Day 6 - Chiang Mai Today is free for you to explore Chiang Mai alittle further until your overnight train journey. Perhaps join your leader on a walk through the old city, or take up one of many optional activities. Or do some last minute shopping. At 4pm your train departures Chiang Mai headed for Bangkok.
Day 7 - Amphawa After arriving in Bangkok by train, head out to the village of Amphawa on a journey that will take just over an hour. The area is famous for its floating markets and the local Thais flock here on weekends to bargain and barter. Explore the small, riverside villages before taking to bikes once again and discovering further afield. Tonight enjoy some local hospitality with a homestay experience.
Day 8 - Bangkok This morning we will get to experience the famous floating market along with the many Thais who flock here. Having a leader here is invaluable as it brings to life the market, its people and the myriad of alien looking goods on sale. This is a great real life experience and a great last activity before our farewell dinner back in Bangkok.
Day 9 - Departure Day The trip finishes today after breakfast. There are still many fun and fascinating attractions to visit, perhaps ride the Skytrain or visit the huge shopping centres.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans