Broome to the Bungle Bungles (Basix)
From 04/05/2021 to 01/10/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Tue 04 2021 to May Sat 08 2021AvailableFrom$1,795*
May Tue 11 2021 to May Sat 15 2021Sold OutFrom$1,795*
May Tue 18 2021 to May Sat 22 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,795*
May Tue 25 2021 to May Sat 29 2021Sold OutFrom$1,795*
Jun Tue 01 2021 to Jun Sat 05 2021Sold OutFrom$1,795*
Jun Tue 08 2021 to Jun Sat 12 2021Sold OutFrom$1,795*
Jun Tue 15 2021 to Jun Sat 19 2021Sold OutFrom$1,795*
Jun Tue 22 2021 to Jun Sat 26 2021Sold OutFrom$1,795*
Jun Tue 29 2021 to Jul Sat 03 2021Sold OutFrom$1,795*
Jul Tue 06 2021 to Jul Sat 10 2021Sold OutFrom$1,795*
Jul Tue 13 2021 to Jul Sat 17 2021Sold OutFrom$1,795*
Jul Tue 20 2021 to Jul Sat 24 2021Sold OutFrom$1,795*
Jul Tue 27 2021 to Jul Sat 31 2021Sold OutFrom$1,795*
Aug Tue 03 2021 to Aug Sat 07 2021Sold OutFrom$1,795*
Aug Tue 10 2021 to Aug Sat 14 2021Sold OutFrom$1,795*
Aug Tue 17 2021 to Aug Sat 21 2021AvailableFrom$1,795*
Aug Tue 24 2021 to Aug Sat 28 2021AvailableFrom$1,795*
Aug Tue 31 2021 to Sep Sat 04 2021AvailableFrom$1,795*
Sep Tue 07 2021 to Sep Sat 11 2021AvailableFrom$1,795*
Sep Tue 14 2021 to Sep Sat 18 2021AvailableFrom$1,795*
Sep Tue 21 2021 to Sep Sat 25 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,795*
Sep Tue 28 2021 to Oct Sat 02 2021AvailableFrom$1,795*
Marvel at striped 'beehives' in the Bungle Bungle.
Take a barefoot stroll along Broome Beach.
Go underground at Tunnel Creek.
Cool off in a waterhole at Cathedral Gorge.
Experience wild beauty in north-west Australia.
Spot a flurry of birdlife in Geikie Gorge.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 5.
Dinners Included: 3.
Camping (with basic facilities) (2 nts),Camping (with facilities) (2 nts).
All Terrain vehicle.
Age: min 8.
Group Size: 6 - 20.
Permits for National Park entry, walks & gorge visits.
Guided Geikie Gorge Cruise.
Cathedral Gorge Walk (Bungle Bungle).
Echidna Chasm Walk.
Day 1 - Geikie Gorge & Fitzroy Crossing Hitting the road east, stop in at Old Fitzroy Crossing before joining a local National Park Ranger on a guided cruise through majestic Geikie Gorge. Carved between the Geikie and Oscar ranges over time, Geikie Gorge is an awe-inspiring place that's home to a huge array of wildlife. Learn about the region's intriguing geology during the cruise, and be sure to keep an eye out for its freshwater crocodiles, birds and fish. In the evening, camp by the Fitzroy River and tuck into our famous Kimberley BBQ.
Day 2 - China Wall & Purnululu National Park En route to Purnululu National Park, stop in at the old gold rush town of Halls Creek for a gander at Australia's version of the China Wall. Purnululu is better known as the home of the Bungle Bungles, unique orange and black-striped 'beehive' formations that are over 20 million years old. On arrival there'll be time for setting up and settling into camp before witnessing a memorable bush sunset. See the evening out with a delicious dinner, then fell asleep under canvas amid the sounds of the bush.
Day 3 - Bungle Bungles Spend today exploring the extraordinary landscape of Purnululu. It might be hard to believe, but up until the 1980s it was only locals who knew that the Bungle Bungles existed. To protect its unique landscape, the area was made a national park in 1987 and now has World Heritage status. We'll explore the Echidna Chasm, known for its towering Livistonia Palms, and take a short walk into Cathedral Gorge where towering rock walls create a natural amphitheatre (2-3km). In the afternoon there'll be the chance to take a scenic flight and get a birds-eye view of the beehive domes (Flight is optional and at own expense).
Day 4 - Mimbi caves and Fitzroy Crossing Bidding farewell to Purnululu, travel to the Mimbi Caves: one of Western Australia's largest cave systems and oldest identified sites of human occupation. Located in the heart of Gooniyandi Country, these limestone caves are also of profound spiritual significance. On a guided tour through Mimbi's pools, fossils and ancient rock art, a local Gooniyandi guide will explain the concept of the Creation-time through traditional stories. At the end, share fresh damper and billy tea with the Gooniyandi traditional owners before continuing on to Fitzroy Crossing.
Day 5 - Windjana Gorge & Tunnel Creek Following a night by the Fitzroy River we head west into Bunuba country. Once a Devonian reef, this terrain is over 350 million years old and home to a diverse array of plants and animal. Explore the 750-metre cave system of Tunnel Creek. While touring the cave and its stalactites, hear the story of Jandamarra, an Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander freedom fighter who used the tunnel as a hide-out in the late 1800s. Freshen up with a swim in the waterhole at the end of the tunnel, then travel on to the geological wonder of Windjana Gorge. Beneath gorge walls rising 90m high, enjoy a picnic lunch and search for freshwater crocodiles, local birdlife and traditional bushtucker. The Gibb River Road then takes us out of the Napier Ranges and into Broome via the Derby ‘Boab Prison Tree’ before heading back to Broome as the sun sets.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans