Broome to the Bungle Bungles
From 21/09/2021 to 30/09/2023
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Tue 21 2021 to Sep Sat 25 2021Sold OutFrom$1,795*
Sep Tue 28 2021 to Oct Sat 02 2021Sold OutFrom$1,795*
May Tue 03 2022 to May Sat 07 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
May Tue 10 2022 to May Sat 14 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
May Tue 17 2022 to May Sat 21 2022Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,895*
May Tue 24 2022 to May Sat 28 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
May Tue 31 2022 to Jun Sat 04 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
Jun Tue 07 2022 to Jun Sat 11 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
Jun Tue 14 2022 to Jun Sat 18 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
Jun Tue 21 2022 to Jun Sat 25 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
Jun Tue 28 2022 to Jul Sat 02 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
Jul Tue 05 2022 to Jul Sat 09 2022Sold OutFrom$1,895*
Jul Tue 12 2022 to Jul Sat 16 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
Jul Tue 19 2022 to Jul Sat 23 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
Jul Tue 26 2022 to Jul Sat 30 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
Aug Tue 02 2022 to Aug Sat 06 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
Aug Tue 09 2022 to Aug Sat 13 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
Aug Tue 16 2022 to Aug Sat 20 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
Aug Tue 23 2022 to Aug Sat 27 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
Aug Tue 30 2022 to Sep Sat 03 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
Sep Tue 06 2022 to Sep Sat 10 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
Sep Tue 13 2022 to Sep Sat 17 2022AvailableFrom$1,895*
Marvel at the Bungle Bungles, unique orange and black-striped 'beehive' formations that are more than 20 million years old.
Take a guided tour of Mimbi Caves, one of Western Australia's largest cave systems, with a local Gooniyandi guide.
Join a National Park Ranger on a guided cruise through majestic Geikie Gorge which is home to an incredible array of wildlife.
See the old gold rush town of Halls Creek and The China Wall, a naturally-formed white quartz wall which rises up to six metres above the landscape.
Cool off in a waterhole at Cathedral Gorge surrounded by birdsong and the towering red rock walls of the gorge.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 5.
Dinners Included: 3.
Camping (with basic facilities) (2 nights),Safari camp (shared facilities) (2 nights).
Age: min 8.
Group Size: 6 - 20.
Geikie Gorge - Geikie Gorge Cruise.
Fitzroy Crossing - Mangkaja Aboriginal Arts Centre.
Halls Creek - China Wall.
Halls Creek - Town Visit.
Bungle Bungles - Cathedral Gorge Walk.
Bungle Bungles - Echidna Chasm Walk.
Mimbi Caves - Cave Visit with Local Gooniyandi Guide.
Windjana Gorge - Visit & Picnic Lunch.
Tunnel Creek National Park - Tunnel Creek Visit & Exploration Walk.
Derby - Boab Prison Tree.
Day 1 - Broome / Geikie Gorge / Fitzroy Crossing Hitting the road east, visit the Old Fitzroy Crossing and colourful Mangkaja Aboriginal Arts Centre before joining a local National Park Ranger on a guided cruise through majestic Geikie Gorge. Carved between the Geikie and Oscar ranges over time, Geikie Gorge is an awe-inspiring place that's home to a huge array of wildlife. Learn about the region's intriguing geology during the cruise, and be sure to keep an eye out for its freshwater crocodiles, birds and fish. In the evening, camp by the Fitzroy River and tuck into our famous Kimberley BBQ.
Day 2 - Halls Creek / Purnululu National Park En route to Purnululu National Park, stop in at the old gold rush town of Halls Creek for a gander at Australia's version of the China Wall. Purnululu is better known as the home of the Bungle Bungles, unique orange and black-striped 'beehive' formations that are over 20 million years old. On arrival there'll be time for setting up and settling into camp before witnessing a memorable bush sunset. See the evening out with a delicious dinner, then fall asleep under canvas amid the sounds of the bush.
Day 3 - Bungle Bungles / Purnululu National Park Spend today exploring the extraordinary landscape of Purnululu. It might be hard to believe, but up until the 1980s it was only locals who knew that the striped 'beehives' of the Bungle Bungles existed. To protect its unique landscape, the area was made a national park in 1987 and now has World Heritage status. We'll explore the Echidna Chasm, known for its towering Livistonia Palms, and take a short walk into Cathedral Gorge where towering rock walls create a natural amphitheatre (2-3km). In the afternoon there'll be the chance to take a scenic flight and get a birds-eye view of the beehive domes (Flight is optional and at own expense).
Day 4 - Mimbi Caves / Fitzroy Crossing Bidding farewell to Purnululu, travel to the Mimbi Caves: one of Western Australia's largest cave systems and oldest identified sites of human occupation. Located in the heart of Gooniyandi Country, these limestone caves are also of profound spiritual significance. On a guided tour through Mimbi's pools, fossils and ancient rock art, a local Gooniyandi guide will explain the concept of the Creation-time through traditional stories. At the end, share fresh damper and billy tea with the Gooniyandi traditional owners before continuing on to Fitzroy Crossing.
Day 5 - Tunnel Creek / Windjana Gorge / Broome Following a night by the Fitzroy River we head west into Bunuba country. Once a Devonian reef, this terrain is over 350 million years old and home to a diverse array of plants and animal. Explore the 750-metre cave system of Tunnel Creek. While touring the cave and its stalactites, hear the story of Jandamarra, an Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander freedom fighter who used the tunnel as a hide-out in the late 1800s. Freshen up with a swim in the waterhole at the end of the tunnel, then travel on to the geological wonder of Windjana Gorge. Beneath gorge walls rising 90m high, enjoy a picnic lunch and search for freshwater crocodiles, local birdlife and traditional bushtucker. The Gibb River Road then takes us out of the Napier Ranges to the Derby ‘Boab Prison Tree’ before heading back to Broome as the sun sets. The trip ends upon arrival in town.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans