Outback Camping Adventure ex Yulara
From 12/04/2021 to 01/10/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Mon 03 2021 to May Fri 07 2021Sold OutFrom$1,395*
Jun Mon 07 2021 to Jun Fri 11 2021Sold OutFrom$1,395*
Jun Mon 28 2021 to Jul Fri 02 2021Sold OutFrom$1,395*
Jul Mon 05 2021 to Jul Fri 09 2021Sold OutFrom$1,395*
Aug Mon 02 2021 to Aug Fri 06 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,395*
Aug Mon 30 2021 to Sep Fri 03 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,395*
Sep Mon 27 2021 to Oct Fri 01 2021AvailableFrom$1,395*
Witnessing Uluru at sunset is truly an unforgettable moment.
Have your camera ready to capture the changing colours of this sacred rock formation.
You’ll hear Dreamtime stories and learn about ancient rock paintings from local guides, gaining insight into the importance of the land in First Nations histories and ways of being.
Spend two days exploring the sites of the MacDonnell Ranges, both East and West.
Walk through Ormiston Gorge, Ellery Creek, Simpsons Gap and Rainbow Valley.
After days admiring the formations of Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon, spend evenings camping under the stars, getting a feel for the real outback of Australia.
Armed with a flexible itinerary and a knowledgeable local leader, this itinerary allows you to discover the Red Centre at a pace that suits your small group.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 4.
Dinners Included: 4.
Permanent tented camp (with shared facilities) (2 nights) Bush camp (2 nights).
Age: min 8.
Group Size: 6 - 24.
Uluru & Kata Tjuta National Park Entrance.
Uluru Cultural Centre.
Maruku Arts cultural experience.
Kings Canyon Rim Walk.
Day 1 - Yulara – Uluru Kick off your Australian Outback adventure this afternoon in Yulara, driving towards the Red Centre. Make tracks across the sunburnt plains to the captivating domes of Kata Tjuta in the afternoon. These massive red rock formations are believed to be 500 million years old! Continue to Australia’s most iconic and culturally significant site of Uluru, arriving in time to witness a magical sunset. Afterwards, continue to your camp, where a hearty dinner awaits.
Day 2 - Uluru – Watarrka National Park Wake early to catch an unforgettable Uluru sunrise, then get a closer look at this massive sandstone monolith on an unguided walk around its base. After your stroll, walk to the cave paintings near Mutitjulu Waterhole, where you will be met by an Anangu guide. Your guide will provide insight into the ancient rock etchings and the stories they tell, as well as the traditions of the First Nations people of this land. After this, visit the nearby Cultural Central to browse its extensive collection of Aboriginal arts and crafts. Enjoy a local lunch then set off on a 3-hour drive to your exclusive campsite within Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon). Get acquainted with your surroundings, enjoy dinner onsite and settle in for the night.
Day 3 - Kings Canyon After breakfast, lace up your hiking shoes and set off to explore Kings Canyon. Plunging 270 metres to the canyon floor, walking its rim reveals incredibly beautiful sandstone formations carved by wind and water. Discover its Amphitheatre, Lost City, North and South Walls and the surprisingly lush Garden of Eden, which owes its cycads and plant life to a permanent waterhole down in the canyon. After lunch, there’s time to relax for a before heading along one of the Red Centre's renowned dirt tracks towards the Western McDonnell Ranges.
Day 4 - West MacDonnell Ranges Spend the day exploring the outback scenery of the West MacDonnell Ranges. Visit one of the most photographed places in the Red Centre – Ormiston Gorge. Keep your eyes peeled for wallabies while admiring the colourful, rugged walls surrounding its waterhole. Continue to Ellery Creek Big Hole – a popular spot for a refreshing dip. After a satisfying day spent exploring the MacDonnell Ranges, your group leader will find a suitable place to set up your bush camp for the night.
Day 5 - East MacDonnell Ranges – Alice Springs Often overlooked for its western counterpart, the East MacDonnell Ranges just might be one of the Red Centre’s best-kept secrets. This is the home of the Arrernte people – the Traditional Owners of the land. Learn about their caterpillar Dreamtime stories on a short walk to Emily Gap – an important spiritual site to Arrernte communities, containing galleries of ancient rock paintings. Drive onwards to Trephina Gorge, where you’ll set off on a one-hour guided walk to see quartzite cliffs and the region's birdlife. Afterwards, grab some lunch at the historical Ross River Homestead before continuing to the ‘Ghost Town’ of Arltunga. This town had an unexpected mining rush in the 19th century all because of a mistaken gemstone. After exploring the best of the East MacDonnell Ranges, it’s on to Alice Springs where your adventure ends upon arrival in the late afternoon.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans