Tokyo to Beijing - 15 Days
From 2019-10-05 to 2020-11-07
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Oct Sat 05 2019 to Oct Sat 19 2019Limited AvailabilityFrom$6,895*
Nov Sat 02 2019 to Nov Sat 16 2019Sold OutFrom$7,295*
Mar Sat 21 2020 to Apr Sat 04 2020AvailableFrom$6,295*
Apr Sat 04 2020 to Apr Sat 18 2020AvailableFrom$6,895*
Apr Sat 11 2020 to Apr Sat 25 2020AvailableFrom$6,895*
May Sat 09 2020 to May Sat 23 2020AvailableFrom$6,295*
May Sat 23 2020 to Jun Sat 06 2020AvailableFrom$6,295*
Jun Sat 06 2020 to Jun Sat 20 2020AvailableFrom$6,295*
Jun Sat 27 2020 to Jul Sat 11 2020AvailableFrom$6,295*
Jul Sat 04 2020 to Jul Sat 18 2020AvailableFrom$6,295*
Aug Sat 29 2020 to Sep Sat 12 2020AvailableFrom$6,295*
10 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 2 dinners (including a Japanese dinner at the Lake Kawaguchi).
12 nights 3 - 4 star accommodation (including 1 night in a traditional Japanese inn).
2 overnight trains (4 berth soft sleeper cabin).
Japan airport arrival transfer by train from Narita or Haneda International Airport on day 1.
Departure transfer (unescorted) - by train or bus from Kyoto Station to Osaka Airports (ITM & KIX) on day 8.
China airport arrival transfer from Shanghai Airport on day 8 and departure transfer to Beijing Airport on day 15.
Guided sightseeing and walking tours in Tokyo, Kamakura, Lake Kawaguchi, Kyoto, Shanghai, Suzhou, Xi'an, Beijing and Badaling.
Lake Kawaguchi & Mt Fuji - Kachikachi-yama Ropeway and observatory.
For tours staying at Lake Kawaguchi between 14 Apr – 28 May each year we'll visit to the Fuji Shibazakura (Moss Phlox) Festival with Mt Fuji as the backdrop.
Shanghai - Huangpu River cruise.
Suzhou - historic Grand Canal cruise.
Xi’an - bike ride on medieval City Wall.
Chinese acrobatic performance.
Rickshaw ride through Beijings' Hutongs.
Escorted by a licensed English speaking Japanese/Chinese tour guide/s for groups of 6 or more, English speaking specialist guides at local sites.
All transportation and transfers - buses, trains and rail passes (including Suica swipe Card).
Baggage forwarding service from Tokyo to Kyoto (one bag per person).
Day 1 - Tokyo Saturday. Welcome to Japan! Upon arrival in Tokyo you will be met at either Narita or Haneda International Airport by your guide and travel by train to your hotel. The rest of the day is free to spend at leisure.
Day 2 - Toyko Sightseeing - Sensoji Temple district, Harajuki & Shibuya Taking the subway to Asakus we explore the capital, taking in Sensoji Temple district and craft stalls, the impressive Meiji Shrine in Harajuku and Yoyogi Park where we can see bands playing, drum circles, dancers and busking. Lastly today one of the busiest intersections in the world, Shibuya crossing, tonight offers free time to independently explore.
Day 3 - Kamakura Tokyo - Kamakura - Tokyo. This morning we travel by train to Kamakura, to explore the Zen Temple of Hokokuji and the iconic bronze Big Buddha. After learning about a traditional tea ceremony we enjoy a walk through the shopping district. If interested, tonight you may like to try a traditional Japanese hot pot meal - Shabu Shubu, bookable locally.
Day 4 - Tokyo Tokyo Edo Museum - today we enjoy a guided tour of this museum that houses some of the city’s best original artefacts and replicas of Edo-era buildings and landmarks, along with several large-scale models. Focusing on the lifestyle and culture experienced by Tokyoites over the city’s 400-year history. The rest of today is free for you to further explore independently.
Day 5 - Hakone Tokyo - Lake Kawaguchi. Morning departure by train to Lake Kawaguchi, in the Fuji Hakone Izu National Park, where we enjoy panoramic views of a snow-capped Fuji (most of the year), travel along the Kachikachi-yama Ropeway and visit the observatory. If travelling between 15 Apr – 28 May we'll visit the Springtime Fuji Shibazakura (Phlox Moss) Festival – when the landscape is covered in a vibrant, hot pink moss with Fuji as the backdrop. Tonight, we stay at a traditional ryokan, sample tasty local cuisine and take a relaxing dip in the natural hot spring baths. suspended – please see the Trip Notes for further details.
Day 6 - Kyoto Lake Kawaguchi – Kyoto. Hike along the foreshores of the lake before taking a bullet train to Kyoto - home to an abundance of UNESCO World Heritage sites, Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines. Here we enjoy a guided tour of Sanjusagen-do and this evening we head to Gion, for a walking tour of this famous Geisha district.
Day 7 - Kyoto - Nijo Castle, Golden Pavilion & free time This morning we’ll see Nijo Castle. Next, Japan's most visited temples, the stunning Zen Buddhist temple of Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion) which is part of the Historic Monuments of Ancient Kyoto World Heritage Site. This afternoon offers free time for you to relax or to further discover the many sights of Kyoto independently.
Day 8 - Kyoto Saturday. On day 8 we transfer to Osaka airport (flight not included in our tour price). Arrive Shanghai Airport and included transfer to hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to relax or head out and explore the city.
Day 9 - Shanghai Exploring Shanghai, we’ll see the lofty Plaza Tower, the tranquil Yu Garden, the Old City and the bustling Bund. This evening we enjoy a cruise on Huangpu River and dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 10 - Suzhou Shanghai - Suzhou - Xi'an. Ancient Suzhou is reminiscent of Venice, with its series of canals, picturesque waterways and classical gardens. Enjoy a cruise on the Grand Canal, a tour the Lingering Garden and visit a silk workshop, before returning to Shanghai for our overnight train to Xi’an.
Day 11 - Xi'an Arrival Xi'an and transfer to our hotel for breakfast, check in with time to freshen up before exploring the iconic Big Wild Goose Pagoda and the vibrant Muslim Quarter. We then enjoy a leisurely bike ride along the Xi’an City Wall and tonight you may wish to join our optional Tang Dynasty add-on, with dinner and a performance.
Day 12 - Xi'an Xi'an - Beijing. This morning we explore the archaeological site, where 7,000 clay life-sized Terracotta Warriors stand in military formation followed by the clay workshop, specialising in making replica figurines. After dinner, we board the overnight express train bound for Beijing.
Day 13 - Beijing Morning arrival into Beijing. Today’s highlights include Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and an afternoon rickshaw ride through the Hutongs before watching a Chinese Acrobatic performance this evening.
Day 14 - Great Wall This morning we visit the famous Great Wall, stretching 6000 kilometres and constructed over a period of 2000 years - The wall is steep in sections but the photo opportunities are well worth the effort. After lunch we visit a jade carving factory before heading to the bustling Pearl Market.
Day 15 - Beijing Saturday. Our Chinese adventure comes to an end today. Hotel check out and transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..