Dana to Petra Trek - 8 Days
From 2019-10-19 to 2020-12-19
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Oct Sat 19 2019 to Oct Sat 26 2019Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,495*
Oct Sat 26 2019 to Nov Sat 02 2019Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,495*
Nov Sat 09 2019 to Nov Sat 16 2019Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,495*
Nov Sat 16 2019 to Nov Sat 23 2019Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,495*
Dec Sat 21 2019 to Dec Sat 28 2019Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,495*
Dec Sat 28 2019 to Jan Sat 04 2020Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,495*
Feb Sat 08 2020 to Feb Sat 15 2020Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,495*
Feb Sat 15 2020 to Feb Sat 22 2020Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,495*
Mar Sat 07 2020 to Mar Sat 14 2020Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,495*
Mar Sat 21 2020 to Mar Sat 28 2020Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,495*
Mar Sat 28 2020 to Apr Sat 04 2020Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,495*
Apr Sat 11 2020 to Apr Sat 18 2020Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,495*
7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners.
2 nights simple hotels, 5 nights camping.
One group airport arrival and departure transfer (please read the Joining Instructions in the Trip Notes for further information).
5 days of trekking - full service on trek including baggage support and camping equipment (excluding personal equipment).
Entrance fee for Dana Reserve.
Guided sightseeing tour of Petra including entrance fees.
Escorted by a licensed Jordanian tour guide, with a Bedouin trekking guide.
A Bedouin trekking guide.
All transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Group size: Minimum 6 / Maximum 16.
Day 1 - Madaba Upon arrival into Amman's Queen Ali Airport, make your way to our group hotel in Madaba, approximately 30 minutes away.
Day 2 - Dana Nature Reserve Madaba - Wadi Feinan. After breakfast we drive south to the Dana Nature Reserve. We meet our Bedouin trek crew and guide and begin our first day of trekking, approximately 6 hours, which includes a lunch stop. From Dana to Feina it's mostly downhill and then route levels out and we enjoy a more leisurely walk through the valley, flanked by the Dana Mountains. On arrival in Wadi Feinan we set up camp for the night.
Day 3 - Trek to Wadi Barwas canyon Wadi Feinan - Wadi Barwas. Today we walk for 6 hours as we head across classic hamada landscape - dry, rock-strewn desert with little sand. There are spectacular views of the mountain ranges to the east, with the expansive Wadi Arabia desert out to the west. Mostly flat terrain, there are several small wadis that we must cross during this day trekking. Tonight we set up camp in Wadi Barwas.
Day 4 - Follow ancient Bedouin trails Wadi Barwas - Ras el Feid. Today we leave behind the hamada desert and start with a steep ascent across rocks and small boulders to a twisting goat herder's track which leads us up into the mountains through a dramatic valley, with views eastwards towards Wadi Araba Desert. While it is steep and at times challenging, the views when we reach the top of a high saddle are extremely rewarding. Our descent is on a well defined trail before we reach the dry river bed, where we will turn upstream to our camp for tonight at Ras el Feid.
Day 5 - Trek to Shkaret Msei'd Rasi el Feid - Shkaret Msei'd. Today we join a Bedouin trail to traverse a rocky valley, gradually ascending by way of dry wadis and cols. Lasting approximately 2 hours we eventually descend to a riverbed with perennial water. We will continue along the wadi floor before a gentle climb up to the pale colored sandstone mountains of the Petra region. Tonight we camp at the col of Shkaret Msei'd.
Day 6 - Trek through rock canyons to Little Petra Shkaret Msei'd - Beidha. The scenery changes dramatically today as we leave the narrow wadis behind and come upon the wide open sandstone hills that have the feel of a moonscape. With smooth and soft rocks the terrain is much easier to negotiate, with wide tracks and walkways. We pass through Bedouin encampments before reaching another rocky area as we descend into Little Petra. From the main entrance of Little Petra we make our way towards Beidha where we will camp overnight.
Day 7 - Petra Beidha - Petra. We bid farewell to our local trekking guide and crew this morning. Then we continue with our guide to Petra approximately 2-3 hours, starting across open farmland, we follow a well defined mountain track with views across Araba Desert. After 5 days of walking the entry into Petra is magnificent as your first glimpse the top of the Monastery as it comes into view through the mountains. We trek down from the Monastery and re-enter Petra through the main Siq, to get the most famous view of the iconic Treasury, as though you are entering Petra for the first time. After our sightseeing tour we overnight at a hotel in the nearby village of Wadi Musa, which is the gateway to Petra.
Day 8 - Amman Petra - Amman. After an early breakfast we transfer by private vehicle (3hrs) to Amman International Airport where our tour comes to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..